Gollum?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think so. If someone does it and it looks impressive I might, but the Sideshow/WETA statue is good enough for me till HT does the Hobbit version of Gollum/ :monkey3

Yeah. I'm with you pix. But how would people want it. There's been some debate over that. A headsculpt for the Hobbit body? A statue?

For the hobbit body was what I was thinking. I personally think with the proper paint job it could look awesome. Seeing the articulation wouldn't bother me for this figure and you don't have to worry about scrawny body because Gollum already is supposed to look like a skeleton.

You'd need new hands and feet as well as a Hobbit body paint job if going that route.

You'd need new hands and feet as well as a Hobbit body paint job if going that route.

The feet I believe I would just sand off the hair from the current ones and fix it with putty.

The hands I would either make due with something else or also want those sculpted.

The only way I ever thought a Gollum would be feasible would be to make him VCD style with interchangeable limbs and faces.

Because of the articulation points? For the most part they don't bother me. I think for figures like Gollum where you'd pain him dirty they hide a little easier than say Subway Spike or the slavegirl from POTA.

The only way I ever thought a Gollum would be feasible would be to make him VCD style with interchangeable limbs and faces.

This would look the best. Not just to hide the articulation points but to get all the little wrinkling and sagging, exposed rib, heroin addict details in there.

I was thinking about a static posed statue with interchangable ball jointed heads. No real desire for multiple limbs. I'm not sure if I really desire poseablity over the aesthetics in this case.

This would look the best. Not just to hide the articulation points but to get all the little wrinkling and sagging, exposed rib, heroin addict details in there.

I was thinking about a static posed statue with interchangable ball jointed heads. No real desire for multiple limbs. I'm not sure if I really desire poseablity over the aesthetics in this case.

Agreed. Aesthetics over articulation for me.

The only other must-have would be the "nice hobbits" Smeagol headsculpt and the "nasty fat hobbits" Gollum headsculpt. Then you can pose whichever personality you wanted.

I'm the exact opposite. allways gonna be articulation over asthetics for me. If we can cover the joints with clothes, great. if not, no big deal.

I'm the exact opposite. allways gonna be articulation over asthetics for me. If we can cover the joints with clothes, great. if not, no big deal.

Yeah, me too. Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like the interest in just a head sculpt is pretty minimal.

I'd actually considered doing this and it's the whole reason I picked up the Weta DVD Ex. I was also planning to cannibalize my Jason Goes To Hell exposed spine piece and modify it to give Gollum the ridgy spine. But after looking at how good the Weta piece is, I couldn't bring myself to butcher it and after Merry and Pippin, have about 20 other customs to complete before even returning to the LOTR line. I'll be more than content with a complete Fellowship. The Witch King looks great, and Gollum would be perfect too, but for now, they just seem so out of place without the rest of the evil bunch, Sauron, Saruman, orcs, and Uruk-Hai.

What about just recasting the head from the gollum rather than chopping it up?

I'm not into the whole casting/recasting gig. Personally, I'd rather buy one from someone else. It's less of a hassle anyways and besides, I'm content with the Weta piece anyways. But hey, go for it! Let us know how it works out.

Back