Adventure Team GI Joe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greyrabbit

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yeah I'm talking about the grand daddy of 1/6 lol. Well, the military GI Joe came before the A.T but oh well :p

Many years before SS 1/6, I had soley collected the Adventure Team GI Joes. The ones which had the flocked hair/fuzzy beards, and Kung Fu Grip hands - awesomeness. At one stage I had up to 50 of those guys. A figure for each outfit set that was sold separately, though I did not have them all. By no means was I a completist, as I knew of others who had between 400 to 1000 figures! :horror

Also, long before the freaks board ..there was the "sandbox" (alt.toys.gi-joe), which is still quite active. Out of nostalgia ..or just pure boredome, I checked in there again and came across this posting, which I thought to share:

The Adventure Team Picture Box (flash animation)

Quite eloquently, that sums up GI Joe for me :)

adventureteam_th.jpg

"I have a tough assignment for you"

yah, the original gi joe/at stuff is the one constant in my collection. those guys have survived all the purges to 'trim' stuff down.

That's great orc! Do you have a favourite amongst them? Mine has always been the eagle eye talking commander on the muscle body. Just prefer the different phrases to the original AT Commander. The talking astro comes in second. I wouldn't mind picking up the repro Magnum Power set, though it is a bit pricy.

O thanks for the link evil! I only ever bought the Hot Topic release Land Adventurer but very happy with how that one turned out. I just checked the collectors club and saw the box/uni set for the AA Adventurer, looks great!

the original talking AT commander is prolly one of my favorites. the whole feel to the AT stuff is awesome. i also dig the wwii russian soldier and australian jungle fighter from the soldiers of the world.

the repro talking marine is gonna be pretty sweet as well.

I got the Hot Topic reissues as well. They kick major butt. I am 39 and grew up on these guys. I wish I still had all my stuff, the helicopter, glider and the submarine rocked...

I got the Hot Topic reissues as well. They kick major butt. I am 39 and grew up on these guys. I wish I still had all my stuff, the helicopter, glider and the submarine rocked...

I had the heli, head quarters, training tower ..yeah would love to get them back again. Above all would like to get the mobile command centre as well. Amazing that back then there were options for 1/6 vehilce sets for Joes. They seem to be harder to come across on places like ebay these days. A few yrs ago there were so many astro capsules and the like being listed.

Heh, you know that the original adventure team guy got representation in the Larry Hamma comics right?
He also comes back in the Devils Due series as well.

Didn't know that Joseph Colton got a 3 3/4 figure too. neet. And now I'm going to continue my campaign to get sideshow to make him in their joe line :lol

sure thing. if you go far enough into the comics ALL the way into the Devils due series, Joe Colton is eventually Reactivated, and promoted to the Rank of General, and then put in charge of the GI Joe team.

sure thing. if you go far enough into the comics ALL the way into the Devils due series, Joe Colton is eventually Reactivated, and promoted to the Rank of General, and then put in charge of the GI Joe team.

I've been reading up on this and it is so fascinating! His bio bares a lot of similarities to Big Boss from MGS. This blurb in particular:

According to General Colton's 1994 file card, he graduated with the highest honors from the United States Military Academy at West Point in 1960. He was recruited for Special Forces, and later became a Green Beret. In 1963, he was appointed by then President John F. Kennedy to create and command an "ULTIMATE freedom fighting force." It was at this time that he received the code name G.I. Joe

GeneralColton.png

I know. as much hate as the Devils due series gets sometimes, one of the things they did that I really Really loved was how they Developed Joe Colton into this Great character. Easily one of my favorite guys from the Devils due series.

Do you guys remember Super Joe? It's what GI Joe evolved to in 1977-78. The Joes were shrunken down to MEGO sizes, but given the coolest accessories of all: lights and a power pack! The light on their chest would light up, and you could plug in other weapons or tools to the power pack and make them work. There was a big battery-powered walking dragon they could fight that would react and shut down if the Joe's light shone on it.

Here's a link. And another one.

I especially loved the jet pack and drill tools!

I still think this was a great idea and I'm surprised no one really does this nowadays, especially plugging in the working accessories to a battery pack.

Back