VERY cool Frank sculpt by 17yr old

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

occulum

ExeKutioner
Reaction score
found this over in the Clubhouse:
hello all.
first i will say ... i did not sculpt this ,i repeat i did not sculpt this!
this sculpture was sculpted by a good friend of mine . he is only 17 and since as far back as i can remember, this kid has been into action figures etc. his desire , passion, to do them has really taken him far. hes fairly self taught . with some pointer here and there from various people.

im posting this, to later show him the reaction to this hard work that all and all goes unseen. for a serious crowd of serious people to give him feedback. this was done in sculpey and it was also painted by him as well. he really lives for this, and i suppose that is a good lesson to remember the desire to do it and sticking to it will take any of us far. For a kid his age it would mean the world for u all to see this . so here goes .

thank you ,
sym7
franksfrontfigure19qy.jpg

franksbackfigure7in.jpg

frankshead12xv.jpg

franksback218mq.jpg

I almost posted this in the custom section, but I though a lot of Frank fans would never see it there

Holy crap! I'd buy that! How tall is he? Frank, I mean.

You know, the spawn.com site has an ad on the home page for sculptors and designers. I'm sure they need assistants...

I LOVE the detail, i.e., the articulation of the different body parts, the four fingers on his right hand and all the nuts and bolts.

Simply AMAZING!

Hey Zoom, I fell for that four finger trick myself. When I saw you had mentioned it I had another look, and from the behind shot you can see he actually has five. Neither here nor there.

The young man is a talent, no worries about that. Sculpting and painting. Monsters inspire the imagination, so I think he has taken some liberties on that count. He looks too much like a superhero, in the muscularity department. I would like to see one of his sculpts of a recognized normal human. Just to compare. Don't let me put you off though, keep going the way you are.

I would buy something like that if it were articulated. Remember Revenant Frankenstein. No we cannot forget. It has the same spirit of imagination that excites me and my willingness to part with my money.

I see a big future for this guy as a sculpter. The sculpt shows a real insight in scale and human anatomy. The muscles, tendons and bone structure are dead on.

And then the fact that this guy is only 17 years old, so he can probably still improve his skill (if that is possible).

:bow :bow

I wouldn't buy it as I like my Frankenstein more classic and less gruesome but this is indeed an amazing piece of work. Great detail and dynamic. By all means let him be recognised for it. Goes to show how much talent there is out there that will probably never be fully exploited.

That's a beautiful sculpt and the creator a very talented artist. Excellent detail and a great eye for anatomy. Wonderful work.

A really cool Frankenstein - and the sculptor is only 17?? There's no hope for me :eek:
Let's hope he keep evolving and get a job out of this, cause he's really talented! Only thing I want to pick on is the big bolts on his shoulders, in 1:1 scale they would have been HUGE - other than that, perfect grusome figure.

:banana

Simply Amazing.

Age is a non starter here. The work shown is of a superior caliber and quality. The Young man who did this sculpt should be able to find work in any of the main design houses. I wish him well in his adventures and thank the fellow who showed us the pictures. A real pleasure to be sure.

creecher said:
Hey Zoom, I fell for that four finger trick myself. When I saw you had mentioned it I had another look, and from the behind shot you can see he actually has five. Neither here nor there.

Thanks, Creecher, for pointing (with one finger) this out. It made me take another look at the statue...from behind. I thought it was rude to stare at his backside so I didn't take the time to really "check him out" the first time.
:naughty

Back