AH DC Line (Pictures from NYCC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye

Super Freak
Reaction score
Best work DC has ever released.

Wonder Woman
DSC05389.jpg

Black Canary
DSC05383.jpg

Cat Woman
DSC05392.jpg

Zantana
DSC05390.jpg

https://nycc09.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=602

Wonder Woman is my favourite character but I think they could have chosen a better cover or artwork from Adam. I would have preferred this:
hughe75.jpg

IMHO, that Catwoman actually looks more like Adam's art than any of the Sideshow comiquettes so far.

The Catwoman looks great. I don't collect comic book related stuff, but would be willing to pick that statue up.

Wow....I'm definitely going to pick up Black Canary and Catwoman....perfect AH! Look captured.

They're all really nice pieces, DC Direct really seems to be raising their game lately. At least in terms of the stuff modeled on the comics themselves. (Not so much the movie stuff)

I believe that Wonder Woman is already on sale, and for cheap too! Ditto with Zatanna. Looks like I may collect the others as well if these look to be capturing AH!'s DC line. I can see Supergirl and others following suit.

Those statues look sweet! Especially the Catwoman.

WW is 11" tall & Zatanna is 10"... which, I think, includes the base in that measurement.

Not sure about BC or Catwoman.

I saw them in person and they looked way smaller than 11" tall. They were all around the same height and my estimation 8-9 inches tall. the base isnt very thick at all.

However, the detail, sculpt, and paint on these were amazing. Im just hoping the production pieces come out the way the displays did. If they do, im sold on this line and will get every one.

PS: has it been confirmed that these are "AH" pieces? :confused:

I saw them in person and they looked way smaller than 11" tall. They were all around the same height and my estimation 8-9 inches tall. the base isnt very thick at all.

However, the detail, sculpt, and paint on these were amazing. Im just hoping the production pieces come out the way the displays did. If they do, im sold on this line and will get every one.

PS: has it been confirmed that these are "AH" pieces? :confused:

Got the info from the DC Direct website...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=10></TD><TD vAlign=top align=right width=10 height=10>
10x10circle_whitetrans_on_black_tr.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=10>
spacer.gif
</TD><TD class=white_box_content>COVER GIRLS OF THE DC UNIVERSE: WONDER WOMAN Statue

SCULPTED BY JACK MATHEWS; BASED ON THE ART OF ADAM HUGHES

This limited-edition, hand-painted, cold-cast porcelain statue is based on the stylish and scintillating cover of WONDER WOMAN #150 by artist Adam Hughes!

Packaged in a 4-color box, this statue also includes a 4-color Certificate of Authenticity.

Measurements: 11" tall x 5.25" wide x 4" deep

Manufactured to order.

$ 99.99 US | On Sale June 10, 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

COVER GIRLS OF THE DC UNIVERSE-BASED ON THE COVERS OF ADAM HUGHES: ZATANNA Statue

SCULPTED BY JACK MATHEWS

Seductive sorceress Zatanna Zatara casts a spell on the DC Universe as she becomes the second Adam Hughes Cover Girl to appear as a stunning statue. With a pose taken directly from the cover of CATWOMAN #58, this hand-painted, cold-cast porcelain statue measures approximately 10" tall (from top of hat to bottom of base) x 4.5" wide x 4.5" deep, includes a 4-color Certificate of Authenticity and is packaged in a 4-color box. Manufactured to order.

$ 99.99 US | On Sale August 26, 2009

Well I guess I meant 9" from head to toe...obviously the arms and hat will extend that a bit. regardless, they are quite small and I think most people here won't be used to that scale. For me, it's not any problem.

I think Darth Saffron confirmed that AH! had no input on the making of them, but they were just using his covers as a basis. As opposed to the SSC pieces where Adam art directs the piece.

I think Darth Saffron confirmed that AH! had no input on the making of them, but they were just using his covers as a basis. As opposed to the SSC pieces where Adam art directs the piece.

Ironic then that the DC pieces look so much more "AH" than do Sideshows.

IMHO, that Catwoman actually looks more like Adam's art than any of the Sideshow comiquettes so far.

IMHO, they ALL look more like Adam's art than Sideshow's pieces. :monkey3

I can't wait to pick these up. :drool

They are kind of small but at only $100 that's not bad. I would have prefered a larger scale with a higher price point but at least these will be space-friendly.

IMHO, they ALL look more like Adam's art than Sideshow's pieces. :monkey3

I can't wait to pick these up. :drool

They are kind of small but at only $100 that's not bad. I would have prefered a larger scale with a higher price point but at least these will be space-friendly.

Seriously dude, the ones on display looked perfect. if the production pieces are the same, this line will be a hit for the price.

Back