Gentle Giant Diarama 2 = Biker Scout on SpeederBike Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

CobbyD

Just got these pics through for the new GG SpeederBike Diarama. Its 12 x 6 x 7.5 inches in size and is due for release in September along some new clone wars maquettes.

I'm having server problems but you can still check the pic out at this thread:

bikerscout pic

Looks pretty good....not great but I do like it.

Something just looks "cheesy" about it....not sure.

I will still get it.

I was hoping the dioramas would have some scenery, but the pieces by themselves still work for me. :rock

re

Hmm, nice job, but I agree with Gruson...something feels not quite right. It has that 'taking a break, waiting for a mate' look about it. :D

Re: re

I think it looks great. There were some scout troopers hanging about in Jedi until it @#%$ the fan.

Some forest scenery would of been cool but this will work for me! I think it looks great! Cant wait to get this!!! Wonder when it goes up for presale?
:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

re

This should be up for pre-sale within days if not already. as the distributor is already taking preorders in the UK. The fact that its not up on GG's site yet does make me wonder whether I wasn't supposed to realease this info just yet but hey the damage is done now and I've always been pretty crap at keeping secrets.

Re: edition size

Something just looks "cheesy" about it....not sure.

Perhaps the mirror? It doesn't quite fit in with the figure and it's pose. I think these bases are better suited for vehicle models and not figures. And the pose is a bit too dynamic for such a simple base.
I don't see how it qualifies as a diorama if it oesn't have any scenery on it, which is quite a disappointment.
It'll go well with the Code 3 stuff tho, and the Koto Scout Trooper will be a nice addition.
I'll be getting this one without a doubt, just wish they had worked on the scenery instead of choosing this easy way out. Can You imagine a Taun-Taun hopping around on a mirror like that? I think not :p

I like it and I think a pose whith him riding the bike would look better, but then you would have to have somthing below the bike supporting it which IMO would be an eyesore. I think with this pose it hides the fact that the bikerscout is actually holding up the bike.

but then you would have to have something below the bike supporting it which IMO would be an eyesore.

I had been wondering about how they'd fix that, I was expecting a tree log or something behind the Bike so that you wouldn't see the attachments.
This pose is a clever solution though.

I like it, the way the Scout Trooper is holding up the bike like it's hovering in mid air is brilliant.

re

I do like it alot, but I thought the pose seemed 'different' to what I expected it to be. I will be ordering it.

I like the pose.......just wish the base was different.......a few tree stumps, grass & moss.

re

I have a feeling that these bases will be used for all future statue/ diorama releases.

dunno....i mean the base i enough to put me off buying it TBH........unlike the dewback that is just like it was snatched straight out the movie.

For those that want to see the rider on the speederbike, a few years ago AMT put out a plastic kit and their idea was to insert the bike and rider into a piece of plexiglas. IMO it's not the best, I think it's pretty inventive what GG did to give the bike the floater effect.
speeder01.jpg

Speaking with Bob, perhaps this is actually in the Statue series, and therefore will be larger scale..

Sorry to say but BIG DISSAPOINTMENT to me :doh :thud

The pose is very nice, I like the idea a lot, but the speeder bike is WAY OFF out of scale. And I really mean WAY OFF.

Check any reference book or pic: Star Wars Chronicles, Star Wars scrapbook (has an excellent pic of the shooting scale model w/scout trooper on top), etc... you simply realice the bike should be bigger or the scout smaller. Total lengt of the bike prop is 3.25 mters in for a 1.8 mters scout, that gives a 1/1.8 ratio, and the GG sculpt has merely a 1/1.5 and that's a BIG difference. Looks like daddy scout is watching over junior's bike.

What a crying shame. I do love this vehicle/rider, one of my favs from the whole trilogy so I know it by heart.

I'm going to write to GG about this, I hope the will scale down or up one of the elements, if not I will NOT buy!

Back