PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys The Spirit Silken floss spec and hi-res pics

Pages : [1] 2

wookster
02-04-2009, 02:59 AM
Sorry to bring this a little late, been stuck at home because of the UK weather!

But here at last is the hi-res goodness, and having seen the recent ERT female stripped down this is gomnna be a killer figure, but I hope we get some ungloved hands.

HOT TOYS - MMS 92 - THE SPIRIT - 12 inches SILKEN FLOSS collectible figure

Hot Toys is proud to present - 1/6th scale SILKEN FLOSS figure from the classic action-adventure-romance movie -THE SPIRIT.

This sexy Silken Floss collectible figure features:

l Hot Toys 1/6th scale female body with over 30 points of articulation
l Approximately stands 31cm tall
l Highly detailed implanted hair and head sculpture with authentic likeness of Scarlett Johansson as Silken Floss.
l Dressed in her movie-accurate costume of military suit, shirt, jodhpurs and boots
l A removable hat, pair of glasses, belt, necklace, armband and syringe, are among the accessories included
l 12-inch figure stand with Silken Floss nameplate

Artist info:
Head Sculpt - Hiroki Hayashi
Painting - JC.HONG
Clothes design - PEIPER

Release date: Q2, 2009

© 2009 THE SPIRIT, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
"THE SPIRIT" Trademark is Owned by Will Eisner Studios, Inc. and Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/1TheSpirit_SilkenFloss-1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/2TheSpirit_SilkenFloss-1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/3TheSpirit_SilkenFloss-1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/4TheSpirit_SilkenFloss-1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/5TheSpirit_SilkenFloss-1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/6TheSpirit_SilkenFloss-1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/7TheSpirit_SilkenFloss-1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/8TheSpirit_SilkenFloss-1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/9TheSpirit_SilkenFloss-1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/10TheSpirit_SilkenFloss-1.jpg

Deckard
02-04-2009, 03:04 AM
Looks good, glad they went with flesh colored and not the subdued b&w. But I hope that hair net thing is easily removable.

Dally
02-04-2009, 04:18 AM
I hate how they made the neck attach to the head, everything else looks pretty good though.

Darth_Fatso
02-04-2009, 06:17 AM
Great looking figure. Since I always thought Scarlett would make a great Harley Quinn, I may pic this one up for a custom if I get enough cash by the time of it's release.

mjordan23
02-04-2009, 06:18 AM
scarlett is hot!!!!!

Shropt
02-04-2009, 06:25 AM
But here at last is the hi-res goodness, and having seen the recent ERT female stripped down this is gomnna be a killer figure, but I hope we get some ungloved hands.

Going by your own comparison wookster, I'd say we won't get ungloved hands for the simple reason the ERT didn't come with ungloved hands.

Sad really, but any way you can save money...

El Roranous
02-04-2009, 09:10 AM
I would buy this figure to pose her naked. Scarlett :drool :lol

pixletwin
02-04-2009, 09:13 AM
King had an excellent point in the other thread that if you have the Nazi Kroenen, this would look great next to it.

EVILFACE
02-04-2009, 09:20 AM
I'll be getting her for sure!!

El Roranous
02-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I am not even interested in the movie but I still would like to own this figure. You don't get too many great looking female figures in the 1/6 world in my opinion. Plus, this may be the only time to get a Scarlett head sculpt.

iron.jedi83
02-04-2009, 09:33 AM
yep sold on this figure, not a lot of female characters in 1/6th scale so its a for sure buy for me even though i know nothins of the character

Boba Fett
02-04-2009, 09:48 AM
I wonder if Hot Toys will have the balls to actually have a swastika displayed on her arm band, unlike Sideshow with Red Skull.

I can't tell by those photos.

Eli26
02-04-2009, 10:30 AM
I wonder if Hot Toys will have the balls to actually have a swastika displayed on her arm band, unlike Sideshow with Red Skull.

I would say no, as there is no Nazi symbols on the figure whatsoever.

Even on the hat, there is no swastika in the eagle logo on the front of the officer's hat.

The Mike
02-04-2009, 10:53 AM
I wonder if Hot Toys will have the balls to actually have a swastika displayed on her arm band, unlike Sideshow with Red Skull. I can't tell by those photos.

Did the character have the swastika on her clothing?

LChinoz
02-04-2009, 12:17 PM
I want Eva more than Scarlett.

King Darkness
02-04-2009, 12:27 PM
King had an excellent point in the other thread that if you have the Nazi Kroenen, this would look great next to it.

:rock :rock :rock :rock

Even if they dont WWII Nazi arm bands and insignias and easy to find and cheap.

bagelsncheesey
02-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Did the character have the swastika on her clothing?

Yes, both her and Octopus had full Nazi uniforms on, head to toe authentic.

meanstreak
02-04-2009, 12:46 PM
can we merge this thread into the other thread and just rename that one?

tomstoyz
02-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Hubba Hubba!

superboink
02-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Nice sculpt but it seems a little off.. Must be the hair? Too barbie-ish I would of preferred Eva Mendez as well..

Hydeous
02-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Is it just me that thinks HT could've done a better sculpt had they asked Yulli, instead of the jp dude?

I was so sure that I'm gonna kop this when I got the newsletter, but changed my mind when I saw the protos.

darren1228
02-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Is it just me that thinks HT could've done a better sculpt had they asked Yulli, instead of the jp dude?

I was so sure that I'm gonna kop this when I got the newsletter, but changed my mind when I saw the protos.

Nope it isn't just you. I'm getting a Nicole Kidman vibe for some reason.....
The rooted hair also doesn't look as good as I had imagined.

Hydeous
02-05-2009, 09:06 AM
The facial sculpt just doesn't have that "HTtouch to it like the bruce wayne, or harvey dent human-like face sculpt that HT is famous for. This is more like medicom-sculpts, which looks a bit cartoony.

And the hair reminds me too much of barbie, I'd happier if they went with what they've done with machiko or swann.

I'm glad that they didn't make the perfect scarlett. At least I could save a few bucks for the tumbler or the upcoming T4 line.

Nope it isn't just you. I'm getting a Nicole Kidman vibe for some reason.....
The rooted hair also doesn't look as good as I had imagined.

Shropt
02-05-2009, 09:08 AM
The facial sculpt just doesn't have that "HTtouch to it like the bruce wayne, or harvey dent human-like face sculpt that HT is famous for. This is more like medicom-sculpts, which looks a bit cartoony.

And the hair reminds me too much of barbie, I'd happier if they went with what they've done with machiko or swann.

I'm glad that they didn't make the perfect scarlett. At least I could save a few bucks for the tumbler or the upcoming T4 line.

I think you guys are freaking out a bit too early. She is very light skinned and the pictures are taken with lots of light which takes the details out of the face.

If you don't see Scarlett in this sculpt then your are not a Scarlett fan.

Hydeous
02-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Nope, not the hair.

The sculptor, son.

The sculptor.

Nice sculpt but it seems a little off.. Must be the hair? Too barbie-ish I would of preferred Eva Mendez as well..

Mighty_Jabba
02-05-2009, 09:15 AM

I think it's the hat and the glasses that are throwing it off. If you look at the pic where she is not wearing them, the sculpt seems dead on.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/9TheSpirit_SilkenFloss-1.jpg

It's anice figure. It's the barbie hair that bothers me though. Hope it's of better quality than your avarege barbie doll. It never keeps the hairdo it's supposed to.

Hydeous
02-05-2009, 09:37 AM
I aint a fan of aaron, but the sculpt yulli had done with harvey is spot-on.

I see scarlett in the figure, just not as fine and highly detailed like the harvey dent sculpt.
I'll see the final mass production and decide then, I guess.

I think you guys are freaking out a bit too early. She is very light skinned and the pictures are taken with lots of light which takes the details out of the face.

The Mike
02-05-2009, 09:56 AM
I think it's the hat and the glasses that are throwing it off. If you look at the pic where she is not wearing them, the sculpt seems dead on.

That is funny. I think its the opposite. With the hat and the glasses I think its dead on, without them her face looks too big. Its almost as if the sculptor planned for her always to be displayed with the larger hat and glasses so compensated the size of the features so they wouldn't be lost.

Eli26
02-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Get a real woman you beeestards! hehe

Cocoboloboy
02-05-2009, 10:04 AM
I recognized the sculpt as Scarlett immediately and I think the hair is well done. I'm still not sure if I prefer sculpted or rooted yet though.

KBA
02-05-2009, 10:38 AM
I think they nailed it. Trade mark lips, eyes and nose.

Cap'n Cook
02-05-2009, 10:46 AM

Same. A great sculpt.

Mighty_Jabba
02-05-2009, 10:57 AM
That is funny. I think its the opposite. With the hat and the glasses I think its dead on, without them her face looks too big. Its almost as if the sculptor planned for her always to be displayed with the larger hat and glasses so compensated the size of the features so they wouldn't be lost.

I think once she has the glasses on you can't see her characteristic nose very well. Looking at that pic, I'd say the size of her face is fine.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/9TheSpirit_SilkenFloss-1.jpghttp://www.dailystab.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/scarlett-johansson-loreal-2008-ad.jpg

KBA
02-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Looking at the up close, hatless pic again, I think the only reason her face looks too big might be because of her hair color almost matching her skin tone. It's hard to see at first glance, but the strand of hair curls across her forehead and into her hairline.

Darth Snoopy
02-05-2009, 04:36 PM

Yes they did.

I think once she has the glasses on you can't see her characteristic nose very well. Looking at that pic, I'd say the size of her face is fine.

Agreed, the sculpt is excellent.

Darklord Dave
02-05-2009, 05:38 PM

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/9TheSpirit_SilkenFloss-1.jpghttp://www.dailystab.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/scarlett-johansson-loreal-2008-ad.jpg

Hmm, where's her mole? Perhaps that's what's throwing the likeness off for some people?

Devil_666
02-05-2009, 06:04 PM
It's just the lighting. I thought her head/face (hatless w/o glasses) looked too big too. Here's a pic with the lighting reduced. Looks spot on to me.

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5795/9thespiritsilkenfloss1pm9.jpg

Also, because it's a close-up it makes the head look bigger. Here's another photo manipulation I did so you can see it from a distance:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/1610/1thespiritsilkenfloss1nx0.jpg

Again, looks right to me. I just hate how the head has some neck sculpted on it, looks wonky imo.

Darth_Fatso
02-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Yeah this figure looks spot on to me and definantly HT's best female figure to date.

The movie may not be great but I'm guessing these will be pretty popular.

blakus939
02-05-2009, 08:40 PM
The figure looks WAYYY better than the real one does :p imho
i didnt even know who it was until people started mentioning it.

minivader
02-06-2009, 09:13 AM
$149 at toy2. That's a lot for a figure that only comes with 1 extra hand, a syringe and a hand gun. (and a stand, don't why manufactures still count that as an accessory.) HT prices are generally justifiable, but this is way over priced.

meanstreak
02-06-2009, 09:26 AM
$149? I paid less for my Iron Man!!

The ill Jedi
02-06-2009, 09:32 AM
:lecture

If someone buys Silken Floss, and makes a custom Scarlet as above, I am sold :naughty
Same here man, same here. :D

KBA
02-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Woah, way pricier than I thought it was going to be. How does Billy cost less than this?

The Mike
02-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Easy. They know from the first entries that the Spirit line isn't selling. They also know that a knockout Scarlett figure will cause people to buy regardless of where its from. Raise the cost, recoup some of the loss on the other figures to break even. That may not be the official explanation but it makes sense....

Heyheilee
02-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Pre-order price in Toy Hunter:HK$850.....so it's about US$120

Mighty_Jabba
02-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah this figure looks spot on to me and definantly HT's best female figure to date.

The movie may not be great but I'm guessing these will be pretty popular.

Yeah, I have a feeling that these will sell out while the Spirit himself will be clogging the shelfs long after that :lol

Cap'n Cook
02-06-2009, 02:25 PM
So will the headsculpt fit on a Triad Toys body? Scale-wise.

agonistes86
02-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Somewhat OT, but was the movie really just bad, or bad in a funny way? Like can you watch the movie with some buddies, have a few beers and just have a laugh?

Hydeous
02-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Bad in a boring, non climax way. You may experience a sense of disatisfaction.

At least you and your buddies will have something to ^^^^^ about, when all youse are drunk tho.

Somewhat OT, but was the movie really just bad, or bad in a funny way? Like can you watch the movie with some buddies, have a few beers and just have a laugh?

meanstreak
03-12-2009, 04:28 PM
anybody else who wanted this one going to wait it out and get her as black widow from iron man 2?

Hydeous
03-12-2009, 07:13 PM
She's priced considerably cheaper compared to other HT figures ($110ish). So I might as well just get it, as I'm getting the spirit and octopus.

Is she definitely playing BW in IM2?

Generic Villain
03-12-2009, 07:16 PM

It was bad in a really damn funny way. It's so full of campy nonsense and just overall ridiculousness that's its worth a watch. Especially for Samuel L. Jackson's performance. So damn funny.

Dally
03-12-2009, 07:17 PM
She's priced considerably cheaper compared to other HT figures ($110ish). So I might as well just get it, as I'm getting the spirit and octopus.

Is she definitely playing BW in IM2?

Yup, its official. http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/03/scarlett-johans.html

I'm passing on Silken Floss, but SJ as Black Widow will be a likely buy for me.

Darth Snoopy
03-13-2009, 05:57 PM
anybody else who wanted this one going to wait it out and get her as black widow from iron man 2?

I'm still planning on getting HT's Silken Floss for a kitbash and when IM2 arrives I'll get her as BW...she'll be a redhead then! :naughty

Hydeous
03-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Yup, its official. http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/03/scarlett-johans.html

I'm passing on Silken Floss, but SJ as Black Widow will be a likely buy for me.

SJ + Black leather cat suit = must buy

*drool*

calimerocore
03-25-2009, 10:58 AM
release date = Q2 (Quater 2)

what does it "exactly" mean.. :confused:

how long do we have to wait..:D

The Mike
03-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Q2 is anywhere from April to June.

calimerocore
03-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Q2 is anywhere from April to June.

i know..."anywhere"...

but there´s no exactly "date"/month...

I hate to wait until may or june..:(

The Mike
03-25-2009, 11:03 AM
HT usually hits in the end of the 2nd and majority of the 3rd so I'm actually expecting Late May/Early June on this.

calimerocore
03-25-2009, 11:04 AM
okay, thx for info.

calimerocore
03-25-2009, 11:12 AM

and my german chancellor/leader, too :monkey1:naughty

mjordan23
04-13-2009, 12:15 PM
any word on the shipping dates for this figure yet....do you guys think this will be a good seller?

KBA
04-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Something tells me a lot of people who wanted this will end up passing on it for more urgent 1/6 priorities. It looks like a great figure, but combine it being from an awful movie and things like the god father, predator and dutch, terminator and Joker DX lurking in the future and it might be too hard to budget it in.

King Darkness
04-14-2009, 02:21 AM
Something tells me a lot of people who wanted this will end up passing on it for more urgent 1/6 priorities. It looks like a great figure, but combine it being from an awful movie and things like the god father, predator and dutch, terminator and Joker DX lurking in the future and it might be too hard to budget it in.

Yup. I wanted it, but price is high and other more important figures have to be paid for.

Maybe sometime down the line I can find her, but for now is a complete pass. Oh well.

meanstreak
04-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Those are reasons why I'm passing, plus I rather get Scarlett as her character from Iron Man 2 (Which Hot Toys will most likely make since they have her likeness)

iron.jedi83
04-14-2009, 09:32 AM
im gonna try to keep this, you can never get to much Scarlet

samueljd
04-14-2009, 03:08 PM
I like the sculpt and rooted hair. I'll probably get this figure loose and use it for a custom.

creature4000
04-15-2009, 05:00 AM
Now THAT is a female fig!! :rock

which also gives me no hope for SS gijoe chicks!! :(

Deckard
04-15-2009, 05:24 AM

Not to mention, the Black Widow version will likely be far hotter. I dont need two Scarlett figures.

Darth Snoopy
04-15-2009, 05:48 PM
im gonna try to keep this, you can never get to much Scarlet

:lecture :rock :lol

hunnipot85
05-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Not to mention, the Black Widow version will likely be far hotter. I dont need two Scarlett figures.

Quoted for the truth... anybody know when she's supposed to release though? I'm dying to see photos of how she turned out in the end, and kitbashes, etc.

superboink
05-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I don't know anyone who has bought The Spirit or Silken Floss

I only bought the octopus because SLJ is an awesome dude :lol

EdwardNashton1
05-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I only bought the octopus because SLJ is an awesome dude :lol

Yeah but it would ahve been better without the goatee, and I really want the hot toys Spirit he looks really good and comes with a uber cool gun, handcuffs and i forget what else :D

superboink
05-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah but it would ahve been better without the goatee, and I really want the hot toys Spirit he looks really good and comes with a uber cool gun, handcuffs and i forget what else :D

If the spirit had been blue instead of all black (sans the red tie) like in the comics I would of snapped it up in a heart beat. The Octopus comes with the same gun as well.. plus the 2x 4 barrel shot gun and 2x dual barrel revolvers..

EdwardNashton1
05-12-2009, 05:57 PM
If the spirit had been blue instead of all black (sans the red tie) like in the comics I would of snapped it up in a heart beat. The Octopus comes with the same gun as well.. plus the 2x 4 barrel shot gun and 2x dual barrel revolvers..

I like Frank Miller's costume for The Spirit. The comic Spirit was too....lame and boring for me....but that may just be me

mjordan23
06-08-2009, 07:27 PM
plz does anyone have an idea when she will be out in USA/?????

ortiz344
06-10-2009, 01:37 PM
awesome figure, putrid movie, kinda booring and pretty stupid...

Valfar
06-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Does anyone know if this figure will have a authentic Nazi outfit? or will it be toned down?.

Buttmunch
06-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Does anyone know if this figure will have a authentic Nazi outfit? or will it be toned down?.

I think it is toned down. I don't even see a white dot on the armband.

villainsfan42
06-10-2009, 09:17 PM
I think it is toned down. I don't even see a white dot on the armband.

you mean a swastika?

hmm...that's strange, i never noticed that before. i may not be keen on swastikas, but it still has to have nazi accuracy, right?

Buttmunch
06-10-2009, 09:25 PM
you mean a swastika?

hmm...that's strange, i never noticed that before. i may not be keen on swastikas, but it still has to have nazi accuracy, right?

Yeah, but what I meant was the armband is just sold red. Not even the white circle on it. Sideshow at least put a cross on their Red Skull. This just looks to be solid red all the way around. Hard to tell if the belt and other areas have swastikas though.

EVILFACE
06-10-2009, 09:26 PM
When is she supposed to ship?

nash
06-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Took me 3 days to watch this movie in whole.

meanstreak
06-10-2009, 09:56 PM
silk spectre >>> silken floss

lets see what black widow will bring.

EVILFACE
06-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Scarlett Johansson >>>>>> Malin Akerman

meanstreak
06-10-2009, 10:00 PM
i think we all know that already :lol

Valfar
06-10-2009, 10:03 PM
I'd say given how much more mainstream Hot Toys has become, i doubt we will see an accurate uniform with this figure which gives me more of a reason not to get it, atleast DID makes accurate stuff.

nash
06-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Im not much into Scarlet's looks. she's too pig-nosed for me. Id take Akerman over her perfect perky boobs too :monkey5

Valfar
06-10-2009, 10:30 PM
The thing that i do not like is, over at Toys2.net..Silk Spectre II is going for $159.99 and Silken is going for $129.99 and she comes with more stuff..WTF is up with that?..i do like the Spectre figure way more though.

hunnipot85
06-11-2009, 08:04 AM
I like Malin more than Scarlet too, even though they are both beautiful, Scarlet's looks are not very consistent. And I've always thought Malin was cute. Not hot, but she's cute! :)

Buttmunch
06-11-2009, 03:03 PM
The thing that i do not like is, over at Toys2.net..Silk Spectre II is going for $159.99 and Silken is going for $129.99 and she comes with more stuff..WTF is up with that?..i do like the Spectre figure way more though.

Only thing I can think of is DC wanted more money for the Watchmen rights than the Spirit. They could practically give rights to the Spirit away now and nobody would want them.

Doom Saber
06-11-2009, 03:20 PM
I hope the hs for Silken would be cheap since I would luv to make a kitbash outta that head.

Buttmunch
06-11-2009, 03:23 PM
I hope the hs for Silken would be cheap since I would luv to make a kitbash outta that head.

Unlikely. I'm sure you aren't the only one with kitbash ideas.

Devil_666
06-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Yeah.. I've seen the Octopus/Sam Jackson headsculpt going for as high as $70.

EVILFACE
06-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Only thing I can think of is DC wanted more money for the Watchmen rights than the Spirit. They could practically give rights to the Spirit away now and nobody would want them.

DC and Warner are trying to make up for their movie tanking.

darren1228
06-11-2009, 10:02 PM

DC and Warner are trying to make up for their movie tanking.

Definitely not a case of DC wanting more money for the Watchmen. Silk Spectre is priced the same as Silken Floss in Asia. My guess is that the retailer viewed Watchmen as a hotter property and decided to retail it for more. Same thing happened with the Dark Knight figures....NA retail prices were a lot higher compared with HK even when factoring the shipping cost.

lerath666
06-13-2009, 01:32 AM
a comment o n her amrband. this is just my opinion, but it loks like it's simply turned around backwords. many companies are loathe to display nazi paraphanila, with good reason. VW won't even let their products be associated with milatary.

I'll wager she's got the swastica, they're just not showing it in the shots.

Valfar
06-13-2009, 02:14 AM
But also, don't forget the prototype images are not showing any swastika beneath the eagle on the hat or belt buckle and the cuff armband is blank as it should show what division shes from.

EdwardNashton1
06-14-2009, 09:21 PM
I can't believe people are complaining about there being no swastika, it's not there for obvious reasons

villainsfan42
06-14-2009, 09:30 PM
I can't believe people are complaining about there being no swastika, it's not there for obvious reasons

it should be there, it would be more accurate......what are you "obvious" reasons?

EdwardNashton1
06-14-2009, 10:11 PM
it should be there, it would be more accurate......what are you "obvious" reasons?

Germany= no nazi signs!

Buttmunch
06-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Germany= no nazi signs!

Hot Toys is not located in Germany so what is your point.

A swastika itself is not offensive, only what it represents. But it was there in the movie and should be there on the figure. It seems more of an issue to not have it there than having it there since it only draws more attention from its absence.

King Darkness
06-14-2009, 10:22 PM
HT should have included 2 arm bands. One with, one without.

The Mike
06-14-2009, 10:23 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

villainsfan42
06-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Germany= no nazi signs!
.....:confused:
........um.....i'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean:confused:

just read buttmunch's post...he actually KNOWS what he's talking about.

A swastika itself is not offensive, only what it represents. But it was there in the movie and should be there on the figure. It seems more of an issue to not have it there than having it there since it only draws more attention from its absence.
:lecture:lecture:lecture
exactly....the nazi usage of the swastika is offensive, but it has been used in many other cultures too, for other meanings.
and if a character is a nazi, then why shouldn't it have a swastika?
that would be like if an obama figure was made with a white flag instead of an american flag

EdwardNashton1
06-15-2009, 12:05 AM

An Indiana Jones comic was not allowed in Germany due to usage of Swastikas and nazi signs. THAT is what my point it Butt..munch

EdwardNashton1
06-15-2009, 12:05 AM
HT should have included 2 arm bands. One with, one without.

I agree

My message is not too short!

titan1
06-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Many toy companies are uncomfortable using swastikas on their products. When hasbro did their Indiana Jone line last year, their were no Nazi logos and they were referred to as "German Soldiers"

You can always get an armband from a DML or DiD figure.

agent_85
06-15-2009, 03:35 AM
This is one of those tired, old debates isn't it. Fact of the matter is companies like Dragon and even Hot Toys have released many a Nazi figure and so this should be no different. If she wears a swastika in the movie it should be on the figure.

Buttmunch
06-15-2009, 04:18 PM
An Indiana Jones comic was not allowed in Germany due to usage of Swastikas and nazi signs. THAT is what my point it Butt..munch

So all of us should get innaccurate figures just so Germans can get one? If it means Germans can't get Nazi figures but we get more accurate figures from it, then so be it.

Kuzeh
06-15-2009, 04:22 PM
So all of us should get innaccurate figures just so Germans can get one? If it means Germans can't get Nazi figures but we get more accurate figures from it, then so be it.

Wow... where did that come from?...:horror
You can get a complete Nazi armband for like $3.00 on Ebay...:rolleyes:

Shai
06-15-2009, 04:25 PM
if it is in the movie, it should be on the figure you bunch of dweebs.

Kuzeh
06-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Maybe it's in there,
they just aren't showing it for marketing purposes:dunno...

Buttmunch
06-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Wow... where did that come from?...:horror
You can get a complete Nazi armband for like $3.00 on Ebay...:rolleyes:

Well, I mean they were the ones that wore them to begin with and now they are the ones that banned them. If German collector's really want Nazi figures, they'd find a way. I just dont' see why the rest of us should get innacurate figures because of it.

And yeah accurate armbands aren't that hard to find, but when you pay over $100 for a figure you shouldn't have to pay any more to make the figure accurate when it could have easily been made accruate to begin with.

EdwardNashton1
06-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Maybe it's in there,

That would make sense. They could have edited it out :dunno

Buttmunch
06-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Maybe it's in there,

I hope that is a case. People are a bit too sensitive about Nazi imagery nowadays. I mean, Samuel L. Jackson, a black man, dressed up in the SS outfit in the movie. I still think it is hilarious.

Now I'm not saying what the real nazis did was funny or should be forgotten, but that figures based on characters and movies with accurate nazi uniforms shouldn't be edited for the over-senitive. I mean would somone edit a Schnidler figure because he wore a nazi pin? I would hope not.

The Drizzle
06-15-2009, 05:22 PM
I hope that is a case. People are a bit too sensitive about Nazi imagery nowadays. I mean, Samuel L. Jackson, a black man, dressed up in the SS outfit in the movie. I still think it is hilarious.

Now I'm not saying what the real nazis did was funny or should be forgotten, but that figures based on characters and movies with accurate nazi uniforms shouldn't be edited for the over-senitive. I mean would somone edit a Schnidler figure because he wore a nazi pin? I would hope not.

:lecture :lecture :lecture Amen, my friend! History exists and we should not erase it.

Buttmunch
06-15-2009, 05:46 PM
:lecture :lecture :lecture Amen, my friend! History exists and we should not erase it.

Exactly. I really hate how Marvel tries so hard to erase the fact the Red Skull is a Nazi. I mean Captain America was created to fight the Nazis so it made sense for his arch enemy was a Nazi. They even drew the Swastikas back then! But now, oh no, the Red Skull was just a German soldier. Not a "nazi." :rolleyes:

villainsfan42
06-15-2009, 05:53 PM

wait.....what did they do? i didn't even know anything happened :dunno

http://firstfriday.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/ahmadinejad.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

seriously though, it should be more accurate.. they should include the swastika, because if she's in a NAZI suit, then she would be wearing a NAZI SWASTIKA :duh

aussieinnyc
06-15-2009, 06:04 PM

If I remember rightly, it's not just Germany that has banned the sale of Nazi paraphernalia (which - if you take a very extreme view - a figure dressed in Nazi uniform with Nazi insignia could be construed to be), there are a couple of other countries in there as well. And if a company that wants to provide entertainment-based collectibles to as wide an audience as possible, I think it's valid to leave off the swastika, if including it will get the import of your product banned or cause problems for your customers.

Whether it's being over-sensitive or not I'm not going to comment on it - I'm not German, it's really not something I can speak to with any authority. But I can understand why, from such a tragic period of their history, they would want to legislate against anyone trying to glorify it. And if, in banning the display of insignia by those who want to promote Nazi ideology they are also potentially legislating against a couple of toys, I really don't see a problem.

The Chaver
06-15-2009, 06:33 PM
I don't mean to disrupt you guys conversation, but what's the ETA on this figure?

Buttmunch
06-15-2009, 06:47 PM
If I remember rightly, it's not just Germany that has banned the sale of Nazi paraphernalia (which - if you take a very extreme view - a figure dressed in Nazi uniform with Nazi insignia could be construed to be), there are a couple of other countries in there as well. And if a company that wants to provide entertainment-based collectibles to as wide an audience as possible, I think it's valid to leave off the swastika, if including it will get the import of your product banned or cause problems for your customers.

Whether it's being over-sensitive or not I'm not going to comment on it - I'm not German, it's really not something I can speak to with any authority. But I can understand why, from such a tragic period of their history, they would want to legislate against anyone trying to glorify it. And if, in banning the display of insignia by those who want to promote Nazi ideology they are also potentially legislating against a couple of toys, I really don't see a problem.

With that part I agree. But I don't think this or any of the other figures I've seen have tried to "glorify it." Even Did's recent T. Becker figure clearly states they are not trying to glorify the nazis, but provide the figure for historical purposes. I think most collectors agree they aren't buying the figure to glorify nazis, but to either have them in a historical set up or for a fictional character like the Red Skull (which I am currently doing my self by the way) ,Kroenen, or Silken Floss here.

Now I understand it is a fine line between glorifying and making it for historical purposes. But it really comes down to why and who bought the figure. If you bought it to put in your Nazi shrine, that yeah, that would be wrong. But if it is for a historical diorama, or a custom that just uses the nazi uniform, then that is OK I think.

But I still think she shouldn't be censored just because some places have banned nazi memorabilia. Certain guns are banned in certain areas, but you don't see gun makers not make certain guns because they aren't legal everywhere. I imagine it is only a very small number of their customers that are in these banned areas, unless some Asian countries are one of those areas. As much as we like to think we are HT's biggest customers, I still think they are more popular in Asia than in the States.

Buttmunch
06-15-2009, 06:48 PM
I don't mean to disrupt you guys conversation, but what's the ETA on this figure?

I don't really know, but the Spirit and the Octopus are already out so I imagine just another month or two. July is offically 3rd quater and she is supposed to be 2nd quarter so, :dunno

EdwardNashton1
06-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Is ETA Estimated Time of Arrival?

The Chaver
06-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Is ETA Estimated Time of Arrival?

Are you a young guy? Cause if you are then I'll forgive you for that question.:D

The Chaver
06-15-2009, 07:02 PM
I don't really know, but the Spirit and the Octopus are already out so I imagine just another month or two. July is offically 3rd quater and she is supposed to be 2nd quarter so, :dunno

Thank you for that sir.

aussieinnyc
06-15-2009, 07:19 PM
With that part I agree. But I don't think this or any of the other figures I've seen have tried to "glorify it." Even Did's recent T. Becker figure clearly states they are not trying to glorify the nazis, but provide the figure for historical purposes. I think most collectors agree they aren't buying the figure to glorify nazis, but to either have them in a historical set up or for a fictional character like the Red Skull (which I am currently doing my self by the way) ,Kroenen, or Silken Floss here.

Now I understand it is a fine line between glorifying and making it for historical purposes. But it really comes down to why and who bought the figure. If you bought it to put in your Nazi shrine, that yeah, that would be wrong. But if it is for a historical diorama, or a custom that just uses the nazi uniform, then that is OK I think.

But I still think she shouldn't be censored just because some places have banned nazi memorabilia. Certain guns are banned in certain areas, but you don't see gun makers not make certain guns because they aren't legal everywhere. I imagine it is only a very small number of their customers that are in these banned areas, unless some Asian countries are one of those areas. As much as we like to think we are HT's biggest customers, I still think they are more popular in Asia than in the States.

I agree with all of that - I was actually suggesting more that toys with the insignia may be an unfortunate casualty of a wider ban. I guess my point was that if such a ban provides the opportunity to prosecute those who would glorify the Nazis, I'm ok with it restricting somebody's toy. Still, as you say, that would almost certainly apply only to a small portion of Hot Toys market, so it is perhaps not a vaild argument, although it could be that they are just being cautious in the event that selling a figure with a swastika could create long-term problems/prohibition on import for all of their products...I really don't know. There's also the chance that it's a restriction that the licensor/actress/studio/etc has imposed - it's times like these that I really wish a behind-the-scenes look was available at all the negotiations etc that have to go on as part of the production and approval process!

The Drizzle
06-15-2009, 07:25 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the armbands for the couple of D.I.D. soldiers I have bought were both sort of "hidden" in the package, I guess so as to not call attention to them. Maybe HT will do that. I'd love to have that figure for bashes, but I would just want a nude, not the uniform. May have to buy it and sell the clothes.

Buttmunch
06-15-2009, 07:31 PM
I think it is funny that did includes uncenosred swastikas with their figures, but on some of the pictures on the box showing how to put the pins on, they are censored out! :lol

EdwardNashton1
06-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Are you a young guy? Cause if you are then I'll forgive you for that question.:D

I'm 17, so yeah, I'm kind of young :lol

Buttmunch
06-15-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm 17, so yeah, I'm kind of young :lol

How long have you been 17?

EdwardNashton1
06-15-2009, 08:42 PM
How long have you been 17?

a while...

Buttmunch
06-15-2009, 08:49 PM
a while...

:lol

I was hoping you'd get that. With your user name I couldn't resist. :lol

Kuzeh
06-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Well,
to be fair, we've only seen pics of the prototype... not production pics or of the box...
so why not wait for those and then whine about it not being accurate...
:peace

Shropt
07-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Any more news on this hot piece of plastic?

Cap'n Cook
07-09-2009, 11:46 AM
I had a looksie on eBay today to see if it had perhaps crept out, but no dice.

Mollins
07-09-2009, 12:21 PM
can't wait for this to get released, I want that syringe!

meanstreak
07-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Wasn't her release date Q2?

KBA
07-14-2009, 08:20 PM
can't wait for this to get released, I want that syringe!

House??:cool:

Mollins
07-15-2009, 04:35 AM
House??:cool:

Nope, Agent 47, but I may pick Up a second one for house =]

hunnipot85
07-15-2009, 07:24 AM
I really wanna see in hand pics and probably buy it, if I do... anybody need the costume?

doctor_joker
07-16-2009, 06:05 PM
I like Frank Miller's costume for The Spirit. The comic Spirit was too....lame and boring for me....but that may just be me

You sir are just wrong! The blue was used to bring hope to otherwise dreary stories, to show that no matter what hope was always there and that there was always a better option. Having read a good deal of Eisner's and Cooke's stuff with the Spirit I've come to realize that the blue suit with fluttering red tie is perhaps one of the most simplistic yet visually stunning costume designs I've ever seen.

On top of that I'm very close to completing a comic based version, custom clothes from this nice lady http://www.ajclothiers.com/, I've used the first run Joker's shoes and socks, and the Hot Toys Spirit figures hands (repainted to match the suit) and hand cuffs, I'm just waiting for Venakin to finish repainting a headsculpt for me: Hot Toys TDK Version Bruce Wayne, and to pick up a fedora from H2 creative and paint it. I'll post all of the images and such before revealing the figure very soon.

But again sir, no offense, but IMO you are very, very wrong.

EdwardNashton1
07-16-2009, 07:53 PM
You sir are just wrong! The blue was used to bring hope to otherwise dreary stories, to show that no matter what hope was always there and that there was always a better option. Having read a good deal of Eisner's and Cooke's stuff with the Spirit I've come to realize that the blue suit with fluttering red tie is perhaps one of the most simplistic yet visually stunning costume designs I've ever seen.

How very touching :monkey2

........NOT :rolleyes:

hunnipot85
07-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Anybody know of a good place to order her now? I couldn't find her in any online stores and I rather not buy from e-bay and pay $35 shipping.

The Chaver
07-16-2009, 11:58 PM
Anybody know of a good place to order her now? I couldn't find her in any online stores and I rather not buy from e-bay and pay $35 shipping.

Bigbad has her preordered for $169.00

Generic Villain
07-17-2009, 12:16 AM
How very touching :monkey2

........NOT :rolleyes:

I have to admit I'm a bit of a lurker here and don't feel the need to post too often, but I gotta say EdwardNygma, a lot of your posts make you come off like a real jackass. Sorry if that's a bit blunt.

And to doctor_joker, I've been a big fan of the simple blue suit and red tie myself. What you said about what the colors represents really gives me an awesome new perspective on it.

Memnoch
07-17-2009, 01:00 AM
I have to admit I'm a bit of a lurker here and don't feel the need to post too often, but I gotta say EdwardNygma, a lot of your posts make you come off like a real jackass. Sorry if that's a bit blunt.

Not blunt when you hit the nail on the head perfectly.

EdwardNashton1
07-17-2009, 01:08 AM

And to doctor_joker, I've been a big fan of the simple blue suit and red tie myself. What you said about what the colors represents really gives me an awesome new perspective on it.

I respect your opinion :rotfl

DinoLast
07-17-2009, 01:16 AM
I really admire people that are going to buy these Spirit figures.
They should at least be good conversational pieces.
"What's that figure from?"
"It's from the movie the Spirit"
"Oh, I've never heard of it. Is it any good?"
"No, it's awful"

wookster
07-17-2009, 01:18 AM
I really admire people that are going to buy these Spirit figures.
They should at least be good conversational pieces.
"What's that figure from?"
"It's from the movie the Spirit"
"Oh, I've never heard of it. Is it any good?"
"No, it's awful"

Sad but true... and I'll have them all!

Wanderer
07-17-2009, 01:34 AM
I respect your opinion :rotfl

Hmmm...i'd suggest thats the general opinion :monkey1

EdwardNashton1
07-17-2009, 11:28 AM
@ Wanderer: lol i guess so :lol

I really am pondering on whether to get The Spirit or not, the paint on the head, is not as good as I thought it would be, but I love the outfit and accessories so...........ugh i hate making decisions...

Biojex
07-17-2009, 01:39 PM
@ Wanderer: lol i guess so :lol

I really am pondering on whether to get The Spirit or not, the paint on the head, is not as good as I thought it would be, but I love the outfit and accessories so...........ugh i hate making decisions...

i also had that dilemma about the suit..but decided against it. there was just too much other stuff coming out to justify it.

hunnipot85
07-19-2009, 11:13 PM
She was on display at the Tokyo Toy Show... doesn't really look HT quality. Hoping it's just bad pics. :(
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq168/bingbing200/05/ht20.jpg
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq168/bingbing200/05/ht21.jpg
Credit to the name on the photos.

dwing
07-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Figure looks ok. Still need to see the movie. Not really something I want to get.

Kuzeh
07-20-2009, 06:58 PM
She was on display at the Tokyo Toy Show... doesn't really look HT quality. Hoping it's just bad pics. :(

Really?
I think it looks amazing!!
Can't wait for this one!!!

DarthNeil
07-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Figure looks ok. Still need to see the movie. Not really something I want to get.

I tried to watch the movie... Tried being the operative word. :monkey1

hunnipot85
07-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Really?
I think it looks amazing!!
Can't wait for this one!!!

I think Eddie Wong's pictures spoiled me with how good they were, too bad he didn't take any of Silken :(

The best pics of her yet though are def from the Toy Hunters display. She looks amazing in those!

LEADERCOBRA
07-20-2009, 07:43 PM
mmm scarlett johansen in a nazi outfit. doesnt get any hotter.

LEADERCOBRA
07-20-2009, 07:44 PM
well maybe if it was meryl streep

Mikey2Bullets
07-20-2009, 07:50 PM
well maybe if it was meryl streep

sadly i think i'm the only one who gets that.

hunnipot85
07-21-2009, 09:58 AM
:lol care to explain?

JohnFromCincinnati
07-21-2009, 12:49 PM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1366/001qqo.jpghttp://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6226/002ufj.jpg

Mikey2Bullets
07-21-2009, 05:23 PM
give yourself a bell

Devil_666
08-01-2009, 01:08 AM
From Toyworld.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1951/r0015869.jpg

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6818/r0015872.jpg

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1566/r0015873.jpg

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/816/r0015871.jpg

That neck seam is atrocious. Sweet lord. Looks really low grade.

Here's some pics of Silken Floss with Octopus in his Nazi uniform. Not sure what Nazi suit was used, but it IS a custom figure using the head and gloved hands from the HT figure.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1584/r0015876.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1707/r0015878.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2056/r0015880.jpg
Photo Credit: RRAAYY

Darth_Fatso
08-01-2009, 01:25 AM
The hair looks really bad. Like Barbie. This is why I prefer sculpted hair especially on female figures so they looks less dollish. I was originally tempted to get this one but after these pics it's an easy pass for me.

Misterscruff
08-01-2009, 01:48 AM
Yea, that join between the hair and face is awful. It was on the ERT famale figure too, but at least the hair could cover it. To me this production piece actually looks less like Scarlett than the prototype pics did. I was looking to pick up the sculpt at least, but I may pass now. If they do Scarlett from IM2, I hope they manage a better likeness.

Devil_666
08-01-2009, 01:50 AM
The hair looks really bad. Like Barbie. This is why I prefer sculpted hair especially on female figures so they looks less dollish. I was originally tempted to get this one but after these pics it's an easy pass for me.

I completely understand what you mean about "Barbie-like" but I think sculpted hair that's long looks absolutely like garbage. Just my opinion. I've never seen a single figure with sculpted long hair that looked good especially when you turn the head. Short hair? YES. But not long.

Cap'n Cook
08-01-2009, 01:54 AM
Looks like HT sort of gave up on her, seeing that the line and the film flopped.

darren1228
08-01-2009, 02:48 AM
I think the hair can look better with some futzing (combing...etc haha). But that seam is just ugly.....

The Ringer
08-01-2009, 08:43 AM
I think the hair can look better with some futzing (combing...etc haha). But that seam is just ugly.....

That would be hard to explain yourself if someone walked in on you combing and playing with her hair. :lol

hunnipot85
08-01-2009, 10:09 AM
I still want her! I'm a girl and have some barbies in my collection anyways :lol

anybody have one on pre-order and don't want her anymore?

Kuzeh
08-01-2009, 01:32 PM
OK
I guess I'm in the minority here...
I think Silken looks amazing!! Wow!!
Can't wait!! :rock!!

BTW, that Nazi suit on Octopus is the Toys City one...

Devil_666
08-01-2009, 05:04 PM
OK
I guess I'm in the minority here...
I think Silken looks amazing!! Wow!!

I think overall the figure looks cool.. it's just that neck seam is horrible.

meanstreak
08-01-2009, 05:13 PM
She doesn't look Hot Toys quality and looks more like a doll. I think the hair looks bad and to top it off paying more than $100 for a figure from such a ^^^^ty movie is absurd, imo.

I like Scarlett so here's hoping Black Widow is a better figure.

hunnipot85
08-01-2009, 05:25 PM
I want to see some photos of her without her little hairnet. I hope her hair is long enough to style differently.

Devil_666
08-01-2009, 05:35 PM
I like Scarlett so here's hoping Black Widow is a better figure.

Oh well then.. because I guarantee if HT make a Black Widow figure it'll have doll hair, not sculpted.

meanstreak
08-01-2009, 05:54 PM
I don't mind rooted hair, I can't imagine Silk Spectre without it and I think she looks great.

Silken Floss could have had plastic hair like Sheva from the RE line and I'm sure she would have looked better. But I don't dislike her because of that, I don't like the neck and overall, not sure she's as best as they could have done. She seems half assed. Her hair would have been better if it was gelled or glued down so it wouldn't get all messy.

hunnipot85
08-02-2009, 11:08 PM
I like her, she looks more doll-ish... but I want her. I will definitely redress her though and redo her hair.

Devil_666
08-03-2009, 12:09 AM
More from Toyworld:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3447/3781512798_9ac2fb74e1_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3568/3781514328_fc91405166_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2647/3780701071_8a85e2d436_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3521/3780703287_f1b2b9b3c1_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2667/3780703685_13bca86015_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3656/3780702289_b6bce07886_o.jpg
Photo Credit: erex

Darth_Fatso
08-03-2009, 12:37 AM
She looks decent with the cap on but it just doesn't look like Scarlett in my eyes especially when compared to the prototype pics.

torque6
08-03-2009, 06:45 AM
Just finish watching the spirit, but it wasnt in league with 300 or sin city.

SilentSurfer
08-03-2009, 12:01 PM
I heard this movie sucked, so my expectations were low, but once you understand that this movie isn't taking itself seriously, it's not too bad. Still visually interesting, but not a modern classic. It was worth it to see Samuel in a Nazi outfit though. Only he, being black, would try that and could pull it off.

SilentSurfer
08-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Just snatched some Floss hands off of eBay. Damn, even parted out stuff is going too high on eBay these days. Oh well. It's gotta be done to get the best of the best stuff, right? Thankfully that's all I wanted off this figure. Geez, the head alone is listed for over $70. You get the whole damn figure for less than twice that. EvilBay

hunnipot85
08-04-2009, 08:31 AM
Ugh, I might as well buy the complete figure and sell off the parts I don't want.

JohnFromCincinnati
08-04-2009, 01:36 PM
From eBay ->

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/5685/75976499.jpg
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/7985/72723260.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/589/54703130.jpg

hrambo001
08-04-2009, 04:17 PM
I still have it on pre-order. I already got the Spirit and Octopus so I might as well complete the set :-)

plasmid303
08-04-2009, 04:30 PM
I think it looks quite nice. The eyes bring it to life, and the rooted hair looks better than I had originally anticipated.

It does look too close to Takara's Cool Girls line in terms of realism though.

Devil_666
08-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Like I said, overall it's a great head. But I have no idea how HT managed to have an epic fail when it came to that neck seam.

plasmid303
08-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I'm trying to come up with an excuse for that seam that would be plausible and reasonable...but I can't. It's quite ugly and makes HT seem a bit lazy.

ortiz344
08-04-2009, 06:34 PM
anyplace has this till avail for preoreder?

hunnipot85
08-06-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't understand why they didn't do a different costume from the film.

I'm thinking of re-dressing her into this outfit:
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8976/spiritd.jpg

Not that I'm gung ho on having a Silken Floss doll (I couldn't even watch the first 15 minutes of the film) But I just want a Scarlett doll :lol

I'm not sure if I would just want a Scarlett doll as herself though, she needs to be in some sort of character. Any suggestions?

hunnipot85
08-06-2009, 12:58 PM
I was thinking about putting her into a Black Canary barbie outfit - so it's pretty much the same thing :lol

iron.jedi83
08-06-2009, 12:59 PM

:drool if only Hot Toys made her like that, i think a lot of people would get her, but im happy with to get a fig of her to tide me over until Iron Man 2

hunnipot85
08-18-2009, 07:53 AM
Best Hot Toys female head sculpt yet... agree?

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz263/dojozhang/sssss.jpg
http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz263/dojozhang/ssssssssssssssss.jpg
Photos courtesy of Toy-World forum

Cap'n Cook
08-18-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't understand why they didn't do a different costume from the film.

:drool

THAT would have been tempting.

Would like to see a repaint of this head.

meanstreak
08-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Snake, you didn't buy Silken Floss?! :horror

Cap'n Cook
08-18-2009, 11:41 AM
:lol No, I did not actually!! Waiting to see any decent repaints, then I may try and grab the head for a Scarlett custom, or wait on a Black Widow.

Loving your sig by the way.

Batman79
08-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Nazi or not she's hot!

hunnipot85
08-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Waiting to see any decent repaints, then I may try and grab the head for a Scarlett custom, or wait on a Black Widow.

You have more willpower than me, and your probably a way bigger Scarjo fan too. :lol

I think the sculpt and factory paint are dead on Scarjo. She has my pick for prettiest doll/figure ever. :lol

wookster
08-19-2009, 03:38 AM
Writing my review as I speak, here are a few quick pics (flash photos... sorry!), but I'm liking her a lot!
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/SF5.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/SF4.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/SF3.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/SF2.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/SF1.jpg

thamesvalidude
08-19-2009, 05:07 AM
Breaker tells me mine is on its way...woo hoo

Cap'n Cook
08-19-2009, 11:44 AM
I would like to see a shot of how the hair falls when out of the 'bun'. If that is even possible to do?

hunnipot85
08-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Yes! Buy her Snake, she is PERFECT! ;)
http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz263/dojozhang/ssjsj.jpg

Cap'n Cook
08-19-2009, 11:58 AM
WOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!

OFF TO BUY IMMEDIATELY!! Thanks sweetie! :D :D

Valfar
08-19-2009, 11:58 AM
That is a great likeness, too bad the outfit is dulled down, really looks off without the swastikas.

hunnipot85
08-19-2009, 12:06 PM
This is Hot Toys BEST female sculpt. I don't even want Silk Spectre anymore after looking at Silken Floss... :lol

hunnipot85
08-19-2009, 12:10 PM
WOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!

OFF TO BUY IMMEDIATELY!! Thanks sweetie! :D :D

No prob ;)

Make sure you treat her like a gentleman would... :lol

Cap'n Cook
08-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Hehe. Why of course. I have nothing but the best intentions for mini Scarjo. :D

Is that pic yours by the way and, if so, did the hair need much futzing to get it looking that good? Ta.

hunnipot85
08-19-2009, 12:18 PM
I got it from Toy World, so I have no idea. I will let you know when I have her in hand, which should be a couple of days ;)

Cap'n Cook
08-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Oh right. Thanks!

Think it wil be a better option for me to pick up the head and body separately, but then it is going to be damned near impossible to find basic female hands and feet for her. :(

Does anyone know if this headsculpt on a CY Girl body would look out of scale?

torque6
08-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Looks good.

xenofreak
08-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Anyone know where I can get this from in the US? BBTS price is too high:banghead and I don't want to order from Hong Kong.

Eli26
08-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Damn, I am so tempted to get that figure!

Silent December
08-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Yes! Buy her Snake, she is PERFECT! ;)
http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz263/dojozhang/ssjsj.jpg

Wow, that's a really attractive portrait!

wookster
08-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Hunnipot85 asked to see the Floss head on Lola's bod... here ya go, I took them in different lights with and without flash. It's not too bad a match, but Lola is paler than I remembered her-

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/comp1-3.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/comp7.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/comp6.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/comp8-1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/comp2-3.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/comp4.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/comp3-1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/comp5-1.jpg

wookster
08-24-2009, 07:10 AM
And here she is as nature intended, I'll be sending the full review in soon-

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/facedetail1-1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/facedetail2-5.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/flosdetail2.jpg

How good are these head sculpts... no really!
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/flossandoct2.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/withoct1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/flossdetail5.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/syringedetail2.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/spiritlineup1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/spiritlineup2.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/flossdetail7.jpg

hunnipot85
08-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Thanks so much wookster, you're the best! ;)

Cap'n Cook
08-24-2009, 09:41 AM
Looks to be not too bad a match. But I have other plans for mine. :D

hunnipot85
08-24-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure if I want Lola's outfit for mine, whats your plans Snake?

Cap'n Cook
08-24-2009, 12:00 PM
'Tis a secret for now I'm afraid. :D

Simply because if it turns out looking rubbish, I don't want to look a fool. :o

hrambo001
08-24-2009, 07:34 PM
Glad I got this one on pre-order. Now just waiting for Toys2 to get it's shipment :joy

hrambo001
08-28-2009, 05:37 PM
I just got mine today, but isn't it supposed to come with a gun, all I see is the hat, the needle, the glasses...and an alternate hand I think. Where's the gun?

hrambo001
08-28-2009, 06:40 PM
:duh

Never mind, just found it under the cap.

Cap'n Cook
09-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Haven't futzed much and awaiting clothes to arrive, but:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/The_Dark_Knight_photos/100_4053.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/The_Dark_Knight_photos/100_4069.jpg

hunnipot85
09-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Yay! I'm glad you got her. I sold off her whole outfit and am waiting for mine to arrive, so right now she's in a box naked :lol

Cap'n Cook
09-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks! She looks a lot better in hand too eh?

I am maintaining her decency and not selling parts until her replacements arrive. :D

hunnipot85
09-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Yeah, she is a lot better in hand, despite some minor issues. I hope they make Black Widow as she would surely be better, and with a costume to pose her in from the get go and with longer hair. :lol

Cap'n Cook
09-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Agreed on all accounts. I will likely sell her once Black Widow come out. Still a fun figure:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/The_Dark_Knight_photos/100_4075.jpg

FLOSI
09-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Agreed on all accounts. I will likely sell her once Black Widow come out. Still a fun figure:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/The_Dark_Knight_photos/100_4075.jpg

Awesome shot Snake! Give us a few more! :lol

Cap'n Cook
09-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Thanks man! I will do when the rest of her gear arrives. :D

hunnipot85
09-03-2009, 09:47 AM
:lol !!
Snake, I was looking at that oufit on e-bay for her :lol

My outfit should be here tomorrow, i'll snap some pics then :)

Cap'n Cook
09-03-2009, 09:54 AM
:lol !!
Snake, I was looking at that oufit on e-bay for her :lol

My outfit should be here tomorrow, i'll snap some pics then :)

It is only part done. I also have a black dress thing which I am going to mod to fir underneath the red one and some different stockings. Coupled with the hat, it will be my Scarjo Pussycat Doll figure.

Cool! What did you go for?

Cap'n Cook
09-03-2009, 11:33 AM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/The_Dark_Knight_photos/100_4083.jpg

FLOSI
09-03-2009, 11:54 AM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/The_Dark_Knight_photos/100_4083.jpg

This figure is fullfilling a fantasy or two for you, eh Snake? :D

hunnipot85
09-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Here's my ScarJo! ;)
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm147/hunnipot85/004.jpg

Cap'n Cook
09-04-2009, 10:17 AM
This figure is fullfilling a fantasy or two for you, eh Snake? :D

Possibly....... :lol

Here's my ScarJo! ;)

:drool

NICE. I am still thinking of picking up that outfit for her too. May just have to now!

Darth Snoopy
09-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Here's my ScarJo! ;)

:lol That's AWESOME! :naughty :rock

Hydeous
09-05-2009, 06:27 AM
So you boys are playing dress up with Barbies now?

J/K :D

I was thinking of picking one up as well to kit bash em with Triad's french maid costume. What do you guys think?

meanstreak
09-05-2009, 08:37 AM
hunnipot is a girl :lol

hunnipot85
09-06-2009, 01:59 PM
I've decided to sell my Scarjo figure, I love her and she's great - but money is really tight right now and I have to sell off some stuff... :( Here's hoping they make Black Widow from Iron Man 2, as I will surely buy her.

If anyone is interested (it's under my boyfriends user name since he has more feedback): http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63291

madmaninsane
09-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Hey Snake Eater love what you done with your figure. were did you get her outfit?

Cap'n Cook
09-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Cheers! I got it on eBay.

Unfortunately, like hunnipot, looks like I will have to sell mine too, with extra outfit included. Anyone interested, PM me. Ta.

meanstreak
09-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Geez, you two Scarjo fanatics are turning your back on her :lol

hunnipot85
09-07-2009, 12:44 PM
:lol we are both going to buy her as Black Widow so whatever ;)

FLOSI
09-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Geez, you two Scarjo fanatics are turning your back on her :lol

:lol we are both going to buy her as Black Widow so whatever ;)

So you two are a couple? The fact that you both collect is very cool! :D

Eli26
09-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Awesome shot Snake! Give us a few more! :lol

Pervert! As long as you aren't getting hot and bothered from his pics. lol

hunnipot85
09-08-2009, 02:28 PM
So you two are a couple? The fact that you both collect is very cool! :D

:lol yeah... we are both very small collectors. nothing big yet. he has an indy pf but is trying to sell it and i have this scarjo and im trying to sell her :lol some other small misc stuff but those are our two most valuable probably.

BUT... we do have a lot of stuff on our wish list that we will definitely buy when they come out. so i suppose it's just a matter of time, right? :lol

FLOSI
09-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Pervert! As long as you aren't getting hot and bothered from his pics. lol

:lol No, not at all. But I am impressed with the figure and to be honest the photos are entertaining. :D

EdwardNashton1
09-18-2009, 07:57 PM
kinda funny how snake and hunni got their figs then sold them pretty quick....actually i dont think snake has sold his yet but still