Dr. Manhattan Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should a Hot Toys Dr. Manhatten figure be anatomically correct?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Alright. Someone had to do it. It seems there is quite a heated debate going on about whether a Dr. Manhatten figure (from Hot Toys) should be anatomically correct or not. So a poll seems like the best way to see what the majority think.

Re: Dr. Manhatten Poll

I have marked this momentous occasion by making a splendid new avatar. :cool:

11091_blowup.jpg

Last edited:

:lol Dear god, Irish.

I vote that yes, he should be anatomically correct becuase that is how he appears for most of the story, and I'm sure many will want to display him that way, even if I personally would not.

Ok, now you're just being silly. But on an unrelated note, I would love Watchmen Mighty Muggs. Too bad it will never happen.

You know, for a guy running around naked, he isn't exactly the most gifted guy :lol

And wow, 2-2-2-2 for the poll right now!

I wonder if having Manhattan naked was Moore daring us to have exactly the kind of juvenile reactions we're having.

I wonder if having Manhattan naked was Moore daring us to have exactly the kind of juvenile reactions we're having.
There are all kinds of reasons for it, but the biggest of which is that it makes perfect sense for his character. It symbolizes his increasing detachment from human society and also deconstructs some of the absurdity of other comic book characters with god-like powers. If you can manipulate all matter, walk on the surface of the sun, or teleport yourself anywhere in the universe... why the hell would you give a crap about wearing man-made clothes??

There are all kinds of reasons for it, but the biggest of which is that it makes perfect sense for his character. It symbolizes his increasing detachment from human society and also deconstructs some of the absurdity of other comic book characters with god-like powers. If you can manipulate all matter, walk on the surface of the sun, or teleport yourself anywhere in the universe... why the hell would you give a crap about wearing man-made clothes??

Well said man... that is exactly why it is so important to the story and the character for that to be the case. He is entirely seperate from everything human, that includes fabric. He has no need for it, or anything for that matter...

Back