Another Official Batman License Holder - motorcycle jackets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Interesting. One of the regular posters over on RPF was granted the license:

It's Official. We got the Batman License. Details Inside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to get the new website going to some extent before making the public announcement.

We've been licensed to design, manufacture, market and deliver Batman Replica Outerwear garments which will consist of jackets, Pants, boots and gloves.

They'll be broken down into two basic groups...Movie Replicas and Commercial/Stylized Garments.

The properties are the two feature films, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight...and there will be another licensed property that we'll announce in a short time.

The website is www.udreplicas.com

It will go live soon. Once we're ready to show the goods we've been developing the splash page will become active.

I've been wanting to share the news for some time but I thought it best to do so once the website was up and able to be bookmarked.

Your support over the years has been nothing short of overwhelming...and it has not gone unnoticed. I hope you all enjoy the next phase in our lives as Universal Designs now takes life as an officially licensed company.
Thanks again to everyone.

David

Fully licensed Batsuits are a possibility it looks like anyone in for one? :lol

Re: Another Official Batman License Holder

Isn't that also one of the Brotherhood of The Bat guys? If so, they already know how to make some awesome batsuits. Now, with actual WB resources to assist they should be able to put out some great stuff. But it won't be cheap.

are you sure these will be for purchase because i was looking at their other stuff online and everything was not for purchase and was just custom projects they have done.

So do you think they will do Joker gear too?

As I have pretty much just finished my custom costume. :(

are you sure these will be for purchase because i was looking at their other stuff online and everything was not for purchase and was just custom projects they have done.

They were just granted the license a couple of weeks ago. When their first items are up for sale their page will change to reflect.

They were just granted the license a couple of weeks ago. When their first items are up for sale their page will change to reflect.

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to chime in here and clarify exactly what it is we're licensed for, and what we'll be doing. :)

First off, yes...these items will be made available to the general public and they'll also be available in Standard American Sizes.

Our license is for Leather garments. This means jackets, pants, boots and gloves. Some items like our Batman TDK Replica leather suit (Batman's newest costume) will also be a combination of leather and various fabrics but our goods are meant to be wearable everyday garments...we're not making or offering costumes. I'll clarify this a bit more further down. :)

Our properties include the 2 feature films, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight...and in both cases we'll be making replica garments as well as commercial goods based on these 2 feature films. Some simple branded jackets as well as some Joker Goon jackets are also already in the works.

A sneak peek to the Joker Goon Jackets can be seen in our Store page which will become functional once we're ready...and that will be very soon!!!!

With regards to the Replica Garment line, some items of note are TDK Bruce Wayne's Leather Motorcycle Jacket.

aboutuspic.jpg

That's Dave working off of the screen used 'Hero' Bruce Wayne Motorcycle jacket from TDK. Even though it's design is basic enough, we still felt it critical to respect the term replica by flying out to the WB studios to pattern the actual jacket so that we could guarantee subsequent copies to be 100% accurate to what was seen on screen. We're committed to quality, and we feel just as strong about accuracy. No guessing, no assumptions....screen accurate needs to be screen accurate.

Subsequently...and something that's created quite the 'buzz' is our TDK Batman Costume Replica Leather suit. Below is the blue print design for the jacket but you can see the rest of the suit in the In Development Page of our site.

dkjfbp.jpg

About this garment...and to ensure we stay as close as possible to the actual look and details of the movie costume with our leather replica.... we're proud to say that we also had the opportunity to examine the costume in person, and extensively might I add.
In short, are we replicating Batman's TDK costume? Yes, but our molded leather/chain mail replica is destined for the motorcycle riding community. So much so that optional CE Approved body armor padding will be available for the die hard motorcycle enthusiasts..so once again, this isn't being made as a 'costume'. Can this be worn even if you don't have a bike? Of course!!

Furthermore we're replicating the look down to the translucent Kevlar plating, with heavily formed and molded leather shapes just like the movie rubber suit but as an every day wearable garment. Our goal is to have a leather version of the film used rubber suit with the least amount of modifications needed to it to ultimately bring a leather version to life.
In addition to the jacket and pants, 100% screen accurate replicas of the boots and gloves will allow any rider to complete this look accordingly.

We're working very hard to bring not only an accurate replica to life, but in an unprecedented and never before attempted way. Leather is practical, strong...and thanks to the breathable chain mail should also make for a comfortable wearing garment.

An example of what we can do with armored and molded leather can be seen in our Mutant Jacket...a standard issue Universal Designs product..

1.jpg

While influenced by different designs, our Mutant Jacket is a good indication of what to expect from our TDK Batman Costume Replica Leather suit.

It's still too early to comment on prices, but I do want to emphasize that quality and accuracy are on the top of our list. Everything will be made with great care and attention to detail...and as was suggested earlier...our background in high end costume design and follow through will prove invaluable to the success of these products. Needless to say, we too are die hard Batman fans!!!!
Different products will be priced accordingly and some with introductory market intentions because we want there to be something affordable (yet still high quality) for everyone interested in adding something to their own personal wardrobes.

Exciting times ahead!! If anyone has any other questions please feel free to post away. I'll do my best to help...:)

Rimma
Universal Designs

Its probably one of the most nerdy things I've seen but a Leather Jacket tricked out like the TDK suit like in the blueprint would be neat to own. It'd be funny hanging in the a collection room with a cowl draped over the hook or something.

WOW! Love TDK jacket

....a Leather Jacket tricked out like the TDK suit like in the blueprint would be neat to own....

Well there's certainly no denying 'The Geek Factor' to leather suit like this, something that we're very proud of BTW... :) ... and we're working very hard to maintain as much if not all of the proper forms, shapes, depth and translucent effects as seen on the real screen used suit.

The entire TDK Batman suit...meaning the jacket and pants are both fitted with removable CE approved body armor making this 100% ideal for motorcycle riding.
With the gloves, we're looking to have the knuckles as functional protective armor as well...without compromising the oval form shapes and keeping them screen accurate also.

I've uploaded Dave's new avatar with a tease of what's to come regarding TDK Batman Jacket.....very tiny tease I know. :)

Thanks to everyone for the kind words!

More to come.... :joy

Rimma

I just wanted to post some teasers of what's to come. :)

Here's a look at one of the Joker Goon Jacket details...the face is approx 12 inches high.

FinalPrintedfaceOK.jpg

Other designs, like this one below feature fully removable inner linings. Warmer weather....remove the lining. Getting cooler out there???....just zip the lining back inside for extra warmth....and other styles have removable fur collars as well.
For those wondering about protective body armor...there will be several garment designs that incorporate full CE approved armor padding. What's important to note is that all of the high impact body armor is easily removable as it fits neatly inside of custom pockets to contain it all. Taking out the armor is as simple as taking your cell phone out of your pocket. Lots of little details and customizing have gone into each and every one of the garments we're launching and there will be several different styles to choose from.

lining.jpg

We're almost there. Keep an eye on the website. :)

Rimma

Thanks
Cant wait for more.

Another little update with some new info. Dave's own words this time copied from another board...because he was supposed to take the day off work today, but that didn't happen. :)

This post is in reference to the jacket image shown..

MockUpimage5.jpg

Yes this image is photoshopped, but it's what the finished jacket looks like or will look like upon final assembly. :)

We've taken TDK rubber suit and transformed it into a wearable leather suit...with all the details down to the translucent kevlar inserts. That mock up image is pretty faithful to what the actual garment is. I want our leather replica to look identical to the screen used suit...with the consideration that it's leather instead of rubber. We've faced some technical challenges that required some design changes, but they're minimal at best.
Everything down to the gauntlets, which at this point is undecided if they'll be removable or permanently attached. I'm working on things like that now but it's all there...all faithful and practical from a wearers perspective. Kevlar inserts, removable CE body armor, and much much more.

Same for the pants....

The gloves are also 100% exact to the screen used ones but we took them up a notch and made the knuckle forms high impact suitable for motorcycle use.

The boots have been no less difficult or complex than the rest of the suit. Having seen and studied the screen used ones in person, I can say that they're more complex than what we've been able to see from some of the tour suits. That said, we've made them entirely from scratch. Nothing was left to chance...and maybe I was a little too concerned with screen accuracy here but I figured we've taken this license this far...might as well do the same regarding the boots and call it a day. :)

The Bruce Wayne Leather motorcycle jacket will come with a twist...and various options.

The Joker Goon jackets...different styles to choose from...some very detailed and others a little more subtle...but all Joker!!!
....and let's just say that the 89 fans have a treat coming.:)

And...it wont stop here.....there's much much more on the drawing table and once the replica line is out, the DC Comics Batman outerwear will be released too.

Oh and dont think for one minute that we've forgotten about what brought this new franchise to life....The Batman Begins Replica leather outerwear Line is not far away either.:)

All this just to say that THAT image up there isn't the real jacket... :duh

David

I'm sure that's not the last of it either...I'm pretty sure some actual images are next. :)

Any help on whether these will be available in UK?

Hi Snake,
That's a valid question, and I'm sorry because I haven't been fully briefed on what global territory is expected for distribution with these goods as of yet. As soon as I know more I will update this as well.

Rimma

Back