PDA

View Full Version : Which HT Batman is Better?

J-Wild
02-03-2009, 06:40 AM
I'm in need of raising some funds and so soon I think I may need to sell one of the two HT Batman's I have: the Original Suit and the Dark Knight suit version. I'm curious as to what the majority of the board's opinion on these two figures are. Which one would you keep? Which one do you like better, and why?

I'm torn because I'm a huge fan of TDK, so I like having the new suit from that film (the majority of scenes with Two-Face and the Joker are in that suit) is cool, but there's something that seems not completely accurate about it. While the Original Suit version has little screen time in TDK, but kicks butt in Begins and seems to be a perfected version of previous attempts. Just trying to get some other opinions out there. Thanks! :)

EVILFACE
02-03-2009, 06:44 AM
Begins Suit.

bumblebee
02-03-2009, 07:00 AM
Dark Knight Suit.

Ben
02-03-2009, 07:08 AM
HT Batman (Dark Knight Suit Version)

Dally
02-03-2009, 07:08 AM
I'll have the OC version in a few days and the DK Version in April or so, but from pictures I prefer the look of the OC version.

Magnuz
02-03-2009, 07:21 AM
It depends greatly on what you want in a figure. So it depends on YOUR opinion of them, not so much everyone elses, unless your just looking for a majority vote of cool for one figure and you'll just buy that one.

Each figure has its pros and cons, i can't honeslty say either one is better than the other because they are different looks, and therefore aren't completely comparable. The dark knight suit has the better posing options, but its alot to do with his neck and thats part of the design, not a fault of the begins figure, its suits designed that way, the begins suit has a more fluid sleek appearance, but again not the TDK sutis fault its designed to look like armor.

Do you want a figure to pose and play with, or a figure to display and show off, for sheer cool looking standing figure, the begins suit is better, he's regal and sleek and clean, and i personally like the headsculpt better.

For something you can pose, and play around with, and really get into the fun of, the TDK suit is the way to go, he's very easy to pose and have fun with, and his neck allows for a greater range of posing options with him since you can do so much with his head.

The TDK suit isn't as cut and dry accurate as the begins suit, that would probably be its only fault, but its still the BZEST TDK suit figure your gonna get, so it just comes down to which suit you prefer, and what you want out of hte figure. Personally i couldn't decide its why i got both, if i absolutely HAAD to, i'd probably get the TDK suit, but thats my personal preference, i do alot of posing and photography, and he's well suited to it, plus he goes with joker. But its really up to you what you want.

I'll repost these pics i took of the two figures as well:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/magx2/nhtbp1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/magx2/nhtbatlit.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/magx2/tdkposes1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/magx2/tdkbatposter.jpg

Agent23
02-03-2009, 07:36 AM
Keep whatever one you like better man.

I don't have either yet (TDK suit will be here today, and BB suit on order). But, I like the look of the original suit, it's more iconic.

Darkseed
02-03-2009, 09:18 AM
My vote: HT Batman (Original Suit Version)

I have both and they each have strong and weak points. It depends on what YOU want from the figure. IF I have to vote for one it is the original suit hands down.

The Mike
02-03-2009, 09:22 AM
TDK suit. FTW

hairlesswookiee
02-03-2009, 09:25 AM
i'm gonna go with Lucius...he can turn his head for backing out of the driveway. TDK suit is FTW.

vodoun
02-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Definitely original.

Voorhees27
02-03-2009, 10:23 AM
I picked the Begins suit.

Reinhardt
02-03-2009, 10:24 AM
For me, Dark Knight - the Hot Toys version just looks like gorgeous. But I love the original suit as well.

Riko
02-03-2009, 11:32 AM
since it is a certainty that Hot Toys will win, I chose Medicom + medicom still has yet to bring out there batman TDK suit, so I give them the advantage of the doubt

Cap'n Cook
02-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Picked OC version, even though I prefer my TDK ver NOW, it was only with some major modifications.

DarkArtist81
02-03-2009, 11:34 AM
I think the TDK suit figure is better. It has a huge chest, but that doesn't bother me that much. I still love the Begins head sculpt though, better than the other. But as a whole figure, TDK for me.

SOLIDSNAKE
02-03-2009, 11:49 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gCHcbpvi15c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gCHcbpvi15c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ALL THE WAY !!
this is my favorite figure fro the TDK HT line.

EVILFACE
02-03-2009, 12:14 PM
And Begins take the lead!!!

pjam
02-03-2009, 12:17 PM
And Begins take the lead!!!

I'm partial to classics. Original wins with me and I have both.

darkknight
02-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Keep both! You'll end up looking for another one if you sell it. I have both and will not part with them.

Sun Jian
02-03-2009, 01:30 PM
I like the begins suit better..........

Morbach
02-03-2009, 01:33 PM
gotta say dk suit version,way nicer suit and more detail.

Darkseed
02-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Keep both! You'll end up looking for another one if you sell it. I have both and will not part with them.

I agree with darkknight's avatar, i mean darkknight. you'll want both...:rolleyes:

J-Wild
02-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I didn't realize opinion was as divided as I am between the two. That sucks for making a decision! :monkey1

That's what I am afraid of! :(

EVILFACE
02-03-2009, 02:00 PM
throw each figure against the wall and keep the one that breaks the least.

pjam
02-03-2009, 02:16 PM

I'll never sell my TDK, I love it too. :blackbat

swo77
02-03-2009, 02:21 PM
I'd keep both, like others have said, but if you absolutely want to keep only one, I'd say go for the original suit.

galactiboy
02-03-2009, 02:25 PM
I prefer the Begins costume and therefor prefer that figure... part of the reason I never bought the TDK version. I just think its a cooler design, the new suit looks kinda weak to me.

Dally
02-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Wow. A lot of people like the original suit. At first the poll was leaning towards the TDK suit, but now the OC is in the lead. I prefer the OC as well.

vodoun
02-03-2009, 02:56 PM
I love how he wraps the cape around him. No feet. Granted you can see the foot on the 2nd pic, but thats only because it's not hidden. _

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6099/batmanbegins103zl0.jpg
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3703/batmanbegins143sv7.jpg

Plus the suit looks so daunting!

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3756/batmanbegins141yf2.jpg

Does the neck have a name for the original? panther neck is TDK suit right? I thought panther was the original, since panther is normally smooth.

bumblebee
02-03-2009, 03:39 PM
32 to 31 with 5 people having no taste what so ever. Its closer then I thought.

supekudx
02-03-2009, 05:02 PM
I have both and it is difficult to choose only one. If you think one day to have the Batpod it must be the TDK, because the movement of the neck.
I guess now the Begins Suit has a higher price than TDK because it was launched first. But I guess there will a 2nd shipment of this Figure at the same time of the release of Tumbler. Then, maybe it is the right moment to sell Begins and get a higher price.
I am suprised that a lot of people like more the Begins Suit. I thought TDK would win easily but I was wrong.

Agen
02-03-2009, 05:58 PM
The dark knight suite much better.

Valfar
02-03-2009, 09:51 PM
I went with Begins suit, better headsculpt, it looks more life-like and more like Bale..the suit is fitted better on the TT body, edges out the TDK version with the mangler on accessories, only con was the ankles but, thats easy to fix..Begins version has a better pressence on the shelf, i love both..while i find TDK version looks generic with the eyes when you take pics of it in bright settings..as the Begins looks good in all lighting.

rw23
02-03-2009, 10:13 PM
I love both but went with the Begins suit as it is nearly flawless in it's presentation of Bale in Begins.

mr.thrifty
02-03-2009, 10:14 PM
I went with the new suit...:D the POWER of change..:lol

Riko
02-04-2009, 05:34 AM
32 to 31 with 5 people having no taste what so ever.
:rolleyes:

I quote myself:
since it is a certainty that Hot Toys will win, I chose Medicom + medicom still has yet to bring out there batman TDK suit, so I give them the advantage of the doubt

as a famous actor once said:
"THINK for 1 ^^^^ing second"

Darthy
02-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Begins version for me :cool:

El Roranous
02-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Both man get BOTH! These figures are awesome. Any True Batman fan will be very pleased and satisfied with either but better both! :D

Cap'n Cook
02-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Man: 46 - 46!!

Def Begins for me, near perfect as is, whereas, although I now prefer my TDK suit, it was only with serious mods.

EVILFACE
02-04-2009, 11:26 AM
It's kewl to see these figures being neck to neck with each other.

And a big LOL at
5 people having no taste what so ever.

swo77
02-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Def Begins for me, near perfect as is, whereas, although I now prefer my TDK suit, it was only with serious mods.

Plus, if you use the hot water trick to change his hands and add some friction-inducing material to the ankle joints, it saves you from any aggravation whatsoever.

Dally
02-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Plus, if you use the hot water trick to change his hands and add some friction-inducing material to the ankle joints, it saves you from any aggravation whatsoever.

What is the friction-inducing material?

swo77
02-04-2009, 11:52 AM
What is the friction-inducing material?

Tissue paper or similar, wrapped around the ankle ball prior to attachment of the foot to the leg. Some people swab the ankle ball with plastic cement and then stipple the surface (letting it dry completely prior to attachment) in order to make the surface develop a rough texture, but that will permanently alter the figure's joints.

Tissue paper wedged in the joint makes the ankles pretty solid and it is reversible.

LChinoz
02-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Original is PERFECT. While TDK suit is beautiful, it is not PERFECT. So for this reason, I voted original. But then again, we need another poll once Medicom's TDK suit figure comes out.

Riko
02-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Original is PERFECT. While TDK suit is beautiful, it is not PERFECT. So for this reason, I voted original. But then again, we need another poll once Medicom's TDK suit figure comes out.

begins suit is not perfect!

the triangles that keep the cape in place are not fixed on like in the movie.
The neck part at front is to big also
+ the cape...

I've moded it to this, and now you could say it is near perfect:
http://users.telenet.be/erikoo/Figures/Batman%20HT/DSCF1493.JPG
other pictures here: http://users.telenet.be/erikoo/Figures/Batman%20HT/

LChinoz
02-04-2009, 12:10 PM
begins suit is not perfect!

the triangles that keep the cape in place are not fixed on like in the movie.
The neck part at front is to big also
+ the cape...

I've moded it to this, and now you could say it is near perfect:
http://users.telenet.be/erikoo/Figures/Batman%20HT/DSCF1493.JPG
other pictures here: http://users.telenet.be/erikoo/Figures/Batman%20HT/

Agreed, your looks better, but no mods were needed for the body (which IMO IS perfect). I think as a figure though, it has fewer problems than TDK suit Batman, which is causing a lot of people to mod the neck and body to get the slimmer look. I still like both figures though.

a-dev
02-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Voted Begins suit due to its greater accuracy to the film.

aussieinnyc
02-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Very interesting to compare this to the poll that was around when TDK suit first came out - that figure ended up considerably ahead of the BB suit if memory serves me right. Just goes to show that the initial in-hand excitement starts to wear off I guess.

I always find it funny when people complain about the BB cape fixtures as not being movie accurate. If you watch Begins, it's obvious that the cape doesn't attach to the suit like the HT version (when he opens his suit closet you see there's no holes in the armour). But they also don't attach to the cowl like everyone seems to suggest (when he takes the cowl off in the cave after saving Rachel, his cape stays where it is).

a-dev
02-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Very interesting to compare this to the poll that was around when TDK suit first came out - that figure ended up considerably ahead of the BB suit if memory serves me right. Just goes to show that the initial in-hand excitement starts to wear off I guess.

I knew at least some of the 'new suit' votes in that thread came down to 'just got my TDK batman' excitement.

Its always hugely exciting having a new HT figure but in some cases you become more aware of the flaws after awhile - like the Aliens warrior (assuming yours didn't fall apart upon first touch) or indeed the TDK batman with its overly bulky chest and slightly off-looking face.

wofford29
02-04-2009, 04:30 PM
I've never really liked my new suit version because of the cowl sculpt and man boobs so I voted for the original, or I guess we should be saying the 2nd original suit.

apache_rulez
02-05-2009, 12:44 AM
I prefer the batman begins. The costume and the cowl especially has more presence. The new one is more like a practical suit.

tomstoyz
02-05-2009, 01:21 AM
I like the TDK version the best, it's more detailed.

Riko
02-05-2009, 03:32 AM
I always find it funny when people complain about the BB cape fixtures as not being movie accurate. If you watch Begins, it's obvious that the cape doesn't attach to the suit like the HT version (when he opens his suit closet you see there's no holes in the armour). But they also don't attach to the cowl like everyone seems to suggest (when he takes the cowl off in the cave after saving Rachel, his cape stays where it is).
True

but those are all scenes where you can suggest the opposite of what you see when he all suited up.
When you see pictures and footage of batman himself, it is clear what the position of those clips are.
And right! In one scene there are no wholes in the armour, why? cause it would look stupid on film.
Why isn't it attached to the cowl? cause also here it would look strange also.

But however, if you want to make it accurate, you have to attach those triangles to the cowl, look at the movie stills....(I got enough stills to confirm it)
So for those particular scenes they have made choises, the visual aspect was the only important one, not function.
And my mods made it movie accurate in the scenes where he was all suited up.

Riko
02-05-2009, 03:37 AM

I knew at least some of the 'new suit' votes in that thread came down to 'just got my TDK batman' excitement.

Its always hugely exciting having a new HT figure but in some cases you become more aware of the flaws after awhile - like the Aliens warrior (assuming yours didn't fall apart upon first touch) or indeed the TDK batman with its overly bulky chest and slightly off-looking face.

that is why I personally haven't bought a TDK batman, I am waiting what Medicom will come up with and than gonna choose witch one I should go with...

TwoFace
02-05-2009, 06:24 AM
HT TDK Batman is better.

J-Wild
02-05-2009, 01:46 PM
TDK Suit Version pulls ahead in the poll! :lol

Shocking! :horror

edit: TwoFace-- I like your sig!

PJ Only
04-15-2009, 10:02 AM
the dark knight

Balsquat
04-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Dark Knight looks more detailed and would go well beside joker

Voorhees27
04-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Dark Knight looks more detailed and would go well beside joker

True but i'm still surprised that half of the voters prefer this over the Original Bats. Imo that figure is almost flawless.

Cap'n Cook
04-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Imo that figure is almost flawless.

It practically is.

intothevoid
04-15-2009, 10:29 AM
It pretty much is EXCEPT the giraffe neck issue

Voorhees27
04-15-2009, 10:33 AM
It pretty much is EXCEPT the giraffe neck issue

I dunno why it was never an issue with me, like I never notice it is what I mean.

chuckybaby555
04-15-2009, 10:38 AM
the only thing I dislike about the batman begings HT is that everything sticks to the rubber suit. If you get evern a little dust on it its impossible to get off.

intothevoid
04-15-2009, 10:38 AM
To be honest I don't really think it is a huge issue either and i rarely notice it when I look at my posed figure on my shelf. However, it is really a very easily fixable issue on HT's part and i'm not sure why they made the neck so long to begin with? None of the reference pictures seem to make the neck appear as big as that.. just oversight I guess.

Anyway - I would HATE if HT did a DX of the original costume over the TDK version. The TDK version has TONS of areas for improvement, whereas the original costume literally just has the neck issue

shiveringmelody
04-15-2009, 10:46 AM
I voted for the Dark Knight suit simply because I like the look of it more personally. Now if you are asking which I would say to keep, I'd say the Original Begins suit. It is flawless and much much harder to come by (I should know, I still regret not placing in a pre-order last year).

Cap'n Cook
04-15-2009, 10:57 AM
I dunno why it was never an issue with me, like I never notice it is what I mean.

Same. Never been an issue for me.

Nice avvy shiveringmelody!

KBA
04-15-2009, 11:34 AM
I like the TDK suit a lot better. But the BB suit will reign king in 1/6 until someone gets the TDK suit right.

Morbach
04-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Yeah I think the TDK suit is way better. Not just nicer looking but it's just awesome. Batman is the perfect weapon in it. Nolan even said that the Begins suit is latex and so he had to shoot it in certain lighting to make the audience believe it's really bullet proof. And that the TDK suit is legit. It's made out of what it's said in the movie. No shady lighting tricks to make it look real it is real.

I think ht did a great job on this suit and figure.

Cap'n Cook
04-15-2009, 11:38 AM
I like the TDK suit a lot better. But the BB suit will reign king in 1/6 until someone gets the TDK suit right.

The DX..... :chew

r5150s
04-15-2009, 12:17 PM
keep the TDK and sell me the OC version...

shiveringmelody
04-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Same. Never been an issue for me.

Nice avvy shiveringmelody!

Ahh, thanks.....

That Original suit is just a perfect 10, but I'm sure the DX Bats won't be too far behind. I'd be a bit surprised if Hot Toys redid the Original suit again as well.

darthCipan
04-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Begins suit the best..He looks more menacing and mysterious in it.

"Swear To ME!!!"

Cap'n Cook
04-16-2009, 08:52 AM
"Swear To ME!!!"

Absolute FAVE part of begins right there. ^

Dally
04-16-2009, 09:36 AM
Now that I've had them both for several months I still stand by the Original being the better of the two. Though if you want one you can pose and mess around with a little then get the TDK version. Its not that the Original isn't capable of extreme poses, but you risk tearing the rubber suit.

Morbach
04-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Absolute FAVE part of begins right there. ^

same here. He was so mean there. I thought it was awesome how agressive he was :D

Voorhees27
04-16-2009, 11:34 AM
same here. He was so mean there. I thought it was awesome how agressive he was :D

Well he did get him to talk :D My favorite part of that scene is seeing his little falafel sandwich on the ground once at the top of the building. :D

Morbach
04-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Well he did get him to talk :D My favorite part of that scene is seeing his little falafel sandwich on the ground once at the top of the building. :D

:lol :lol why? you don't like falafel? :lol

Voorhees27
04-16-2009, 11:41 AM
:lol :lol why? you don't like falafel? :lol

:lol No its just such an amazingly small detail that Nolan didn't leave out. I dunno I always notice dumb stuff like that. Either that or i've just watched it WAY too many times :o

SOLIDSNAKE
04-16-2009, 03:57 PM
TDK suit all the way.

Devil_666
04-16-2009, 04:23 PM
I said the BB suit. Especially with a few mods, it looks perfect.

samueljd
04-17-2009, 04:26 AM
I think both look great. I plan on keeping both of them too.

Morbach
04-17-2009, 07:56 AM
yeah I was going to trade in my TDK Batman to get the DX one but can't do it :dunno I'll have to have them both :D

a-dev
04-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Bump in light of the medicom release. How many who already voted would now change their vote? I voted Begins suit..I'd probably stick with it.

unmc2001
04-28-2009, 09:07 AM
I say the DK. I do not have the BB though. I think the DK looks better in person than in many of the photos.

unmc2001
04-28-2009, 09:08 AM
yeah I was going to trade in my TDK Batman to get the DX one but can't do it :dunno I'll have to have them both :D

Same here. I will have to get both as I am not going to part with my DK.

Voorhees27
04-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Bump in light of the medicom release. How many who already voted would now change their vote? I voted Begins suit..I'd probably stick with it.

Would you assume some would prefer the Medicom TDK over the HT's Begins version? I would be surprised if anyone would prefer the Medicom over it. (Begins suit)

nozzlewizard
04-28-2009, 10:02 AM
TDK, the Begins suit is like a wetsuit, can't believe Medi made it into the poll :lol

LChinoz
04-28-2009, 01:00 PM
TDK, the Begins suit is like a wetsuit, can't believe Medi made it into the poll :lol

:rolleyes: http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1620811&postcount=1041

I am no fan of Medicom, but IMO they made the better TDK Batman. Now, I still think The BB suit from HT is the best overall, but IMO Hot Toys TDK suit is a bit weak compared to Medi's.

Garfieldgirl
04-28-2009, 10:29 PM
TDK suit...

Hydeous
04-30-2009, 12:21 AM
OC FTW

:peace

intothevoid
04-30-2009, 03:29 AM
Original costume and Medicom TDK bats are tied IMO.

HT TDK Bats is 3rd.

Hopefully HT TDK Bats DX will beat them all.

TRON1968
05-01-2009, 06:09 PM
I just got my BB version today and it's pretty sweet. Still think the DK version is great (haven't seen the medicom in person). Too difficult to decide.

Brooks11b
05-02-2009, 06:02 PM
I only have the TDK Batman. But, I can not imagine anyone paying for it and not being happy. I love it!!

Bloodsport
05-02-2009, 06:12 PM
I say that Takara have the better Batman.

unmc2001
05-02-2009, 06:45 PM
I too like the Takara Batman Begins but I don't think it can compare to Hot Toys TDK Batman.

EdwardNashton1
05-12-2009, 10:58 PM
I like Takara's BB and Medicom's DK

EVILFACE
05-12-2009, 11:03 PM
To bad those don't matter in a "Which HT Batman is Better?" thread.

And Begins Suit still taking the poll!!!

EdwardNashton1
05-12-2009, 11:11 PM
To bad those don't matter in a "Which HT Batman is Better?" thread.

And Begins Suit still taking the poll!!!

I could have sworn the poll had the choice of "neither, HT sucks, medicom for the win!"

So yeah, I consider it part of this thread and it is my opinion.

But if it was JUST hot toys, I would say BB beats DK by a mile

CelticPredator
05-12-2009, 11:20 PM
It's a joke answer.
Its all about HT. If you dont like either one, you like the Medi, and you go in the respective thread.

EdwardNashton1
05-12-2009, 11:28 PM
It's a joke answer.
Its all about HT. If you dont like either one, you like the Medi, and you go in the respective thread.

the only medi I like is the DK one though, their BB failed

CelticPredator
05-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Facsinating.