SS Snake Eyes conversion?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slynger

Super Freak
Reaction score
first off, if this thread needs to be somewhere else, I apologize and trust the Mods to move it.

here's the problem - after seeing the abysmal photos of SS Snake Eyes and how anorexic he looked, I'm wondering what the 1/6 community thinks about fixing this. What body would this think look good on. I want to keep the figure, but the body looks horrendous and I've only heard bad things about SS pro body.

What do the experts think? Cancel or get a new body and save a great character?

He is gonna look scrawny on pretty much every body. Probbaly a BBI G3, but I hate the articulation on the torso and shoulders.

I'm just gonna put him on a True Type and add some muscles OR just get a black sweater thingy from Toys2.

I'm getting more and more peeved that we even have to spend an extra dime to make this thing not look sucky.

:emperor

He can look just fine on a HT TT body:

SANY1307.jpg

SANY1373.jpg

SANY2675.jpg

kroenen-kroenen01.jpg

The TT body loks good in body fitting costumes.

Hey sslynger, theres a pretty lengthy dicussion about this in one of the other SE threads if you want to check it out. Personally, I'm going to see what it looks like in hand, and If I have to bulk up the arms by adding an "arm sock" under the body suit.

I'm getting more and more peeved that we even have to spend an extra dime to make this thing not look sucky.

:emperor

I have to agree there - $120 and the ones who want something to look a little better need to spend probably another $30-$60 is complete B.S.

He can look just fine on a HT TT body:

SANY1307.jpg

SANY1373.jpg

The TT body loks good in body fitting costumes.

You really think so? Here he is on the TrueType bud:

2610l.jpg

IMO, the TT's a bigger, and definitely scrawnier fail than the Pro. I'm going with the Commando sweater EvilFace suggested back in the SE thread to bulk him up and hide the Pro's awkward looks.

On the TrueType this becomes a $150 figure that is still not near the quality of $150 HT figures.

(Aside from the gear and weapons... that stuff still rocks the house)

Meh, I got a TT body for $20 shipped, I'm sure I could sell the pro for that and more and make my money back.

Yeah. Maybe the Commander would have been a better choice out of the gate? At least he should look better on the Pro.

im just glad i cancelled mine. i hated to turn my back on such a cool figure, but the final results are disappointing. if cobra commander is the same way, then im done with this line.

I don't think guys like Duke and Flint are gonna look any better. Something about the Pro. just seems off to me. Like I said in the Photo thread, I'm just gonna cherry pick the gear I need and make my own. Seems to have worked pretty good so far.

That is why I think they should have started it off with a different character.

Even though 1985 Snakes is my favorite Joe I do admit to also being surprised they didn't *at least* lead off with 1982 SE. There's your black sweater right there and none of the current base body issues.

Last edited:
Even though 1985 Snakes is my favorite Joe I do admit to also being surprised they didn't *at least* lead off with 1982 SE. There's your black sweater right there and none of the current base body issues.

:lecture :lecture :lecture Also, the goggles would've negated the whole visor issue as well. 2 birds, 1 stone.

my solution is to boycott the sideshow figure entirely and just make my own....

but if you insist on using the sideshow version as a base then i'd suggest adapting it to either an ace body or a bbi 3.5...

personally i'm using a twisting toys body for my version... but you would need to do some serious neck modifications to put the sideshow head on that body style...

Back