Which one of you did this?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I just thought the prices were totally rediculous and these people should be kicked in the nuts

Cheers

Just because someone asks those prices doesnt mean they are going to get them. I could place a 1964 penny on ebay and ask a million dollars for it if I so wished doesnt mean Im going to get it or maybe someone wants a 1964 penny and is willing to pay me a million for it hmmmmmmmm.

No one has to buy for these prices. But in the same instance, there seems to be an idiot out there that always pays the outrageous prices, driving that piece up a little. Guys like this deserve a kick in the left & then when they are feeling a little better, kicked in the right. Down with the price hikers.

Yogie Bear said:
Sorry I just thought the prices were totally rediculous and these people should be kicked in the nuts

Cheers

Then don't buy them. I don't understand what the problem is? These aren't my auctions, but who cares? It makes the pieces I have on order worth significantly more.

I know that at least 2 of these sellers are members. There isn't anything dishonest about the auctions. If someone wants to waste their listing fees at these prices that's their perogative I guess.

At what Ebay charges you for listing something with all the bells and whistles, is it actually worth it to put an item up for auction that has never sold for that amount or am I wrong? I have 1 of the Rebel Hans for order , but havent watched prices for him, what is the most one of him has sold for on ebay?

The Solo for $1299 has been up several times from the same seller. It keeps not selling, and the seller keeps relisting for the same price. Hope springs eternal! :D

Agree there's nothing dishonest about the listings, and the Han exclusives will be harder to get via any other method other than eBay. More Vaders will become available from the wait list when this item starts shipping, but some folks may decide not to chance it and buy now. As far as potential availability of the Han exclusive, not so much. If someone wants him, I think the prices will be high (maybe not as high as these auctions, but who knows?). :eek: Again, someone may decide they want one regardless of the price. It would hardly be the first time. :rolleyes:

Yogie Bear said:

Cheers

Nice mature statment :rolleyes:

The $799 Han is mine. :D
I don't see the big deal myself. There is all kinds of people out there that will pay the big bucks. Im not going to say no to them. And besides it was .10 cent listing yesterday :naughty

Did you happen to get one Yogi? Odds are no. If this one sells it will be the 4th one Ive sold for $800. So there is buyers out there. Im sure the guy who has it up for $1299 is helping me sell mine. Thanks whoever you are. :wacky

He's a member too Greedo. I wondered if that was you.

I don't see anything wrong with the auctions either. As a matter of fact if they are still bringing that or more when he releases, it will be very tempting for me as well.

Supply and demand I suppose, I don't think there is anything that one can do to stop that.

Greedo said:
Did you happen to get one Yogi? Odds are no. If this one sells it will be the 4th one Ive sold for $800. So there is buyers out there. Im sure the guy who has it up for $1299 is helping me sell mine. Thanks whoever you are. :wacky

How did you order 4?

The original poster definitely needs to leave Greedo alone. The guy is one of the best sellers around, and I'll always contact him when I need some rare SW items.

I don't care if he sells all 250 Han Exclusives on Ebay. I missed ordering one of these myself, and it's the only SW 1/4 piece I need to have a complete collection.

That being said, I'm not paying a premium to get one, and I'd probably sell it on Ebay for a high price if I had one on order. There's no way it's worth that much when you can get the regular Han 1/4 for under $200.

Greedo said:

The answer to your question is no I didn't get one. I am not a collector so I don't need all of them and this statue looks weird to me like the head is too big or something so I got the normal one. It is my understanding that a 100% mark up would be OK. However anything more than $500 is rediculous and just plain mean. You are taking advantage of those that are not quite right upstairs. I am saying this because in the end the only people willing to pay this much overprice have obviously got rocks in their head. This is the same as oil prices at the moment "I've got some you don't I will charge you a bomb." Of course oil is diffrent as it is more of a neccisity than a statue.

But do you get my point?

In all fairness I do hope that the person who buys these items is a wealthy millionaiire who can afford to pay such a high price instead of the average joe who has to sacrifice somewhat in order to be able to afford it.

Just at little background on me.......

I play poker and am a winning player. My gf didn't like me playing as I was taking away money from old pensioners or compulsive gamblers WHO CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE. We discussed it and came to the conclusion that they were gionfg to gamble whether I was there or not so someone is going to take their money it might as well be me.

I put this in the same scenario. If you believethat your actions will not impact them at all then go ahead and continue with your sales. However I believe in this case your prices do impact their actions. I know I wouldn't feel comfotable ripping people off but that is just me. If you can live with it then good luck to you. Finally I believe there is nothing dishonest about these auctions only immoral.

Sorry for the long post just wanted to get my point across.

Cheers

Back