Cooler custom cape for my Takara Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddylee

Freakalicious
Reaction score
So my friend got a Hot Toys TDK and he kept whining how bad he wanted a Takara batcape. So I offered to create him a cape using my Takara Batman's cape as a template. The material is a thinner spandex but still heavy so it drapes really well and creates some very nice wrinkles. I like it so much I created another to replace my Takara cape! I can't go back.

Some more with my friend's pics of his Hot Toys TDK with my custom cape.

That looks awesome buddylee =D

What are the approximate measurements of the cape? Did you use the original Takara cape as a stencil or something?

Nice ! if these were sold on ebay or sumthin i would def purchase one

Actually could anyone do us the biggest favour and maybe post the outline of the cape ? so we who would like to make one can print it off and try our hand at it, that would be fantastic and generous of the person who would be willing to do it :)

Last edited:
Nice ! if these were sold on ebay or sumthin i would def purchase one

Actually could anyone do us the biggest favour and maybe post the outline of the cape ? so we who would like to make one can print it off and try our hand at it, that would be fantastic and generous of the person who would be willing to do it :)

I agree, Id definitly be interested in a replacement cape for my Hot Toys Batman.

I did the same....u dont need to buy a template simply draw around the batman begins hot toys orginal suit cape and cut it out on a new piece of black material...took me seconds

I am the the guy who my friend made the cape for and i can tell u first hand the cape doesn't fray it doesn't even curl at the edges. its awesome .I promise you this spandex capes will likeley become the new hot toys standard when the secret gets out.

Interesting.

You should ask him for the sake of it to cut you another for the same size as TDK short cape. Just to see how it drapes with it being smaller. Or....... another one based on the short cape but slightly customized so it doesn't appear too short but still isn't trailing on the ground.

As a side by side comparison.

That would be great to have a roll of that material to make several of the movie scene specific capes, or photo production capes.

The cape material I used is some sort of spandex material that is quite thin and heavy and can produce nice 1/6 scale wrinkles. The original Takara cape is thicker spandex type material, but also has these strange horizontal striations in the material and a bit too shiny for my taste. I bought this material a little while back to create a Darth Vader cape with but never used it. The cape is pretty sweet. I don't have to pose Batman at all but instead pose the cape and create different looks.

I remember looking around at the bigger fabric stores like Jo Ann fabrics but the spandex they had were either too thick and wouldn't produce 1/6 scale wrinkles or were too shiny since most of the fabric was used for dance type outfits. I did stop by a local fabric store and I was lucky enough to find this.

Just to guage some interest, who would be interested in some of these capes for relatively cheap? I guess I can get a hold of a Hot Toys TDK short cape and make one of those in this material as well. PM me if you're interested.

Back