Any guesses on Spooktacular announcements?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viking28

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a 1/4 Creature from the Black Lagoon announcement.

Seeing all the pics of Frank and Drac 1/4 is making it very hard to resist to getting them :google

1/4 Michael Myers? :)

I would also think Leia 1/4 is coming up.

I would like to see something from their Aliens license. Maybe a 1/4 Ripley???

Before the Ardeth Bey bust, I would have thought a PF Mummy would be a good bet. Now I think we might see some distance between the two.

Maybe another Buffy 1:6 announcement in the shape of Anyanka, D'Hoffryn, Turok-Han, or Vampire Xander? News of the first Buffy PF?

If the "Angel" license is more substance than rumor, Spooktacular would be the ideal event to make it official.

angl_tsr.jpg

A 1/4 Michael Myers...

I would sell my damn soul for one of these...sculpted by Brian Dooley, of course.

1/4 LEATHERfreakinFACE pleeze!

on another horror/scifi note;
anybody know whats up with the new plates LanceH was showing off at SDCC? thought we wouldve heard something by now about their release. .. or maybe thats comin up for Spook

I would also love to hear some information on THE DEAD line. Patient Zero is one of my favorite figures.

I don't recall, was there a lot of announcements last year? I know everyone was visiting the site, but I thought it was more for the prize thing than anything else.

But I do hope that there is a bunch of stuff, SDCC had high quality announcements but not a high quantity. And the next big event isn't until Feb., so hopefully we'll at least get to see Leia PF, something new in Universal Monsters, maybe more Dead and dare I say it....the first SW 1/6?

I think we'll see a modern horror announcemnt (Dooley hinted to at least something else coming, but not when) and hopefully something more about the Dead. A Uni Monster announcement (1/6 Igor) would rock :joy

I think they will announce a PF 1:4 Scale Figure and an announcement in the 1:6 Scale line. What they will be I have no idea???

I would love to hear that Ygor was in the pipeline, but Dave's comments push me to think of an announcement that will be welcome but not as surprising. That being that the Metulant Mutant is shipping. Any news is good news, yeah? They can save Ygor for a little later. I said LITTLE later, so make it sooner, rather than. Once we get past the Met Mut, we can poke and prod for Ygor at leisure.

I think Dave may be right in saying there may not be any announcements as such. Otherwise I think they would have announced the Bey bust at the onset of the Spooktacular. With so much confusion and distraction during the Spooktacular, it may not lend itself to new announcements, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I still don't know what was going on with the Dead line. The mystery that surrounds this line would make it a good candidate for some kind of update, at least. Whatever the announcements, I hope they revolve around the Halloween theme. I mean, no Star Wars yet please.

An announcement that the Metaluna Mutant is shipping would not impress me at all. We already know it will be coming and to use that as a Spooktacular announcement would be disappointing. That there were NEW figures coming out from various 1:6 licenses would be most impressive however.

I guess I'll beat the dead horse once again...

1/6 YGOR!!!!

:D :horse :D

Hopefully we'll have some new announcements from the Uni Monsters, the Dead, and Horror lines.

I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm like Dave, I honestly don't remember any big announcements last spooktacular, no new announcements at all for that matter. I could be wrong but I thought it was simply several days of mayhem looking for banners and entering contests.

I guess if they do may some kind of announcement, I'll just consider it a pleasant surprise. :D

Announcements?

I fully expect Sideshow to announce...

... product giveaways!
... shipping specials!
... scavenger hunts!
... discounts up to 40%! :D

Most of you are correct in saying that the Spooktacular is not usually a time of numerous announcements, like Toy Fair and Comic Con are. But we do have a couple of fun announcements up our sleeve - hope you enjoy them! :)

Back