Gentle Giant Sneak Peek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Speeder Bike will sell fast at an ES of 1500. Thanks GG. Gaz, you need to get that Grievous maquette for your new Clone Wars collection. It looks great.

See now that Badass Grievous Maquette will bring more into this line, get the others Jon, get them...... :p

re

This is what I like to see, a low ES piece. I wonder when the likes of Mike and Adam will be getting news of their pre-order?

El, Grievous is one of many reasons why some may get into collecting the CW maquettes from this moment onwards. I will be ordering that guy! Fantastic looking piece.

Re

The Maquettes are first rate for sure:bow (with the exception of the ARC trooper mistake :eek )
Can wait to add the Greivous. I bet the edition number will be higher than the 2500 norm IMO :(

I thought for sure with the success from the Dewback statue that the speeder/trooper would have a higher edition number :bang Oh well I just hope I get one :sick

Re: Re

I thought for sure with the success from the Dewback statue that the speeder/trooper would have a higher edition number

That is one of the reasons I like GG so much. With the exception of Vader and Yoda pieces they tend to stay with a lower ES. Definitely increases collectibility IMHO.

Re

Holycraptoys must have just put it up to $425 as he had it at $350 recently. Oh well ... I got mine:hat

re

You only have to look at the early LOTR pieces with low ES to see how high the prices can climb over time. This increases the desirability factor when they come up for auction. If people want them, they are sometimes willing to pay over the odds for it.

re

I often wonder why some sellers of these hugely collectible pieces don't start their auctions off with a low opening price. I have always listed my lots with a £1 starting price, even for an AP CT, and Dax can vouch for that as he was the winning bidder. They always reach or exceed their market price; it's a way of allowing it to find its true price.

Re: re

Greivous is such a complex character and that maquette looks so simple. I guess I just don't like the anime style of the art all that much. I'll hold out for a REAL Greivous.

Dave I have to agree on this one. I'll definitely pick this up to complete the collection, but I was disappointed when I saw the pose. I think it could have been much better.

re

That pose they chose looks very familiar. It was the signal he gave to the legion of superbattledroids to halt their assault on the Jedi's hideout, as he was going to deal with them personally. Nice touch, GG.

I don't collect the Clone Wars Maquettes, because it would be too much stuff to buy, but I think they are very well done.

It seems a little strange to me to see such a dynamic character in such a boring "I solemnly swear..." pose, but other than that it looks pretty sweet. I love that cartoon. :rock

I like this Grievous his saber could of been in the on position, like has been said its the pose were he tells the droids to hold.
Will be getting more of him in the slumped over sabers out and all statues so its kind of nice to have one right before he decides to start kicking ass.
ggsgrievousmaqsam.jpg

Back