C3po and his silver leg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooncat

Super Freak
Reaction score
I did a custom c3po and someone pointed out Id missed the silver leg

Id never noticed that he had a silver leg in all the OT and PT (when he had skin)

However images of him in various movies and representations seem to have them and omit them ?

Is there a version on c3po from any of the OT or PT where he is all gold ?

I don't recall that he was ever completely gold, unless George has gone back and changed something.

Yep! He did have a silver leg in A New Hope...

legoppl.jpg

PsychoCenobite :horror

well i never noticed the silver leg until the original trilogy came back out updated by Lucas but I was young and even though i watched the movies plenty of times before then C3PO's legs were never high on the intrest factor so i might have just missed it until they cleaned it up

I never knew the whole story behind the 3PO "boner" pic. :huh Some say it was actually released while others say it was a practical joke:

c3po-n.jpg

As for the silver leg, it's in one of the many documentaries of the films where Lucas actually dictated that 3PO not be all gold and have a silver leg as part of his whole "lived in" Sci-Fi world design.

For C-3P0, his right leg goes like this:

Ep 1: No covering.
Ep 2: Heavily worn metal.
Ep. 3: ALL GOLD.
Ep. 4: Silver shin and calf, as well as his foot.
Ep 5: Silver shin and calf, except he now has a gold foot.
Ep 6: Silver shin and calf, he still has a gold foot.

That's it!

I noticed he had a silver leg in ANH, but I never noticed it afterwards. But then I've never been a leg guy so...

Back