1/6 Indiana Jones Exhibition Diorama (WIP)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All

A mate of mine went to the Star Wars Exhibition here in Australia the other day and he sent me a few pics of some of the displays. After I saw the pics it got me thinking on what an Indy Exhibition would look like so I've started to make one in 1/6 scale.

The dio is 18.5" long x 15" high x 8 width I'm going to have a eygptian tomb wall at the back and a sand floor and as you can see crates as the dispay bases.

I have alot of items to display on it but no 1/6 ark and was wondering do you think I get away with using the 3-3/4" ark. Any comments are more then welcome.

Picture002-5.jpg

Ron

Interesting idea... I like the wall out of foamcore...
Keep updating with pics.

Hi All

Got the back wall painted up and laid down the plaster on the floor ready to add sand, the back wall has had plaster added to it then let dry.

Once dry I gave it an undercoat of flat brown then let that dry and drybrushed varies sand colours to get the desired effect.

Picture003-6.jpg

Picture004-3.jpg

Ron

Nice work Hemble!, hey I don't think I noticed you where an Aussie before? a Queenslander too.... :rock Happy Australia Day Dude!!!:fireworks

Hey mate I married a Cockroach so no worries there :p
Just wondering if you could share your sources for paints, which to use etc...
I can see the games workshop paints there just wondering which other brands you use and where you get your art supplies - tough to know where to look when you first get started.

thanks!

ps: if you ever need a hasbro fig or 2 for your Dioramas send me a PM I've got some ranks to thin out - I've got most releases until Ep3 came out

Interesting idea... and as it is supposed to resemble an exhibition, I think a smaller scaled ark would most definitely work.. as well as examples of other "relics that got away" like the idol, grail cup etc... good stuff, as always

Awesome paint...

Yeah, I like using foamcore as well. A couple of years ago I made (65% finished) Palpatine's office in scale with the 3 3/4 figs-- and I'd love to make a Tantive IV corridor with it if I knew that it would come out correctly.

Love the paint job.

One thing you may also want to look at.. I go to our local Home Improvement centers all the time and look at what they have in the tile section.. some of the "weathered" or "tumbled" tile is great for dioramas.. ( I used small slate tile pieces for the stone floor on my dig site diorama).. I have seen some great border tiles that would be perfect for scale middle eastern styled building ruins etc... just check with the salesman in that section and ask about broken product too...

WOW, that looks amazing and inspiring.

I love the look of it.,.. you could display that in a comic store.

Congrats i love it, share some info if you can.

Sal

Hi All

shocktrooper_au - Mate thanks for the offer I'll let you know if I need anything for future projects. And a Canetaod and cockroach now's there's a strange mix :lol.

As for other paints I use Vallejo, Reaper and Artist paints. The vallejo you can get from any good hobby shop, the Reaper from any good games shop and the artist paints I get from either linecraft(fabric shop) or the local art shop.

mfisher - As always thanks for the feedback mate, I will have pics soon I tried the 3-3/4" ark and it looks good next to all the other raiders items. Just let me know what you think when you see them.

As for the tiles thanks for the tip I'll have to go and check it out.

CAZAFANTASMA - Hi Sal appreciate the kind words thanks heaps.

FlyAndFight - Thanks and glad you are liking it so far.

Ron

Hi All

have some more updates LMK what you think so far.

Pics of the floor after the sand as been added
Picture005-8.jpg

Pics of the floor after the sand as been added
Picture006-5.jpg

Added small posters of each film on the crates.
Picture007-2.jpg

Weapons from the films added to the back wall
Picture010-1.jpg

Pic with the raiders items add
Picture014-1.jpg

Close up shot of the raiders items.
Picture013-2.jpg

Ron

HOLY CRAP THATS INCREDIBLE!!!!

What did you use to carve out the rear wall??? Is it styrofoam?

Hi All

Warrior Alien wrote
HOLY CRAP THATS INCREDIBLE!!!!
What did you use to carve out the rear wall??? Is it styrofoam?

The wall is made out of foam core and covered in plaster and thanks for the reply.

meanstreak wrote
i wanna be rons roomie
he has the sickest indiana jones dios...

Appreciate the feedback mate and your buying the beer :lol

Deak Starkiller wrote
Looks great man, very creative use of what you got.

Cheres mate and I figured that alot of the Hasbro stuff would come in handy sooner or later.

threatz wrote
wow!!!!! thats so good

Really gald you like it so far mate and thank you.

Ron

Back