Snake Eyes photo review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's been/being discussed in the existing Snake Eyes thread.

Although I'd still like to know how they got one so early.

The body on this figure is preventing me to make the purchase. Cobra Commander's outfit is a different issue... he is more full bodied in his outfit.

Some of the other pics looked terrible, but I think he looks kick-ass in these ones. I don't mind if he's a little slim.

That looks horrible. The Prometheus sucks ass.

I'm no Prometheus fan, but he looks worse on the True Type. And I don't think it has anything to do with tailoring either. It's just a matter of tight clothing on 1:6 scale armitures. They aren't miniature human bodies, and when pressed to look like one in stark relief, they fall short.

Its funny; too me the True-Types have too broad of shoulders, but the Prometheus are too narrow. Somewhere in the middle would be the best.

If Sideshow can get the consitency of the body up to True-Type stanards I think it will be a great basebody. But if the floppy bodies continue it will be a real shame.

In all honesty, I think we're in the 11th Hour of Sideshow making 1:6 figures. I'm serious. Remove "STAR WHORES" from the equation and they'd pretty much be done already.

I am hoping that them "sharing" licenses with Hot Toys for HT to produce 1:6 figures is a trend that will continue until eventually HT does the SW figures as well. It's just far from Sideshow's bread-n-butter these days, and they're definitely not keeping up with HT in quality and detail.

The tight fitting shirt is gonna snafu any body. As I suggested in the other thread, a sweater like shirt would have looked so much better and fit better with the tac pants he is wearing.

Man, he did not come out well at all. The body and suit combo are just not meshing well what so ever. The rest of it looks awesome but.........

In all honesty, I think we're in the 11th Hour of Sideshow making 1:6 figures. I'm serious. Remove "STAR WHORES" from the equation and they'd pretty much be done already.

I am hoping that them "sharing" licenses with Hot Toys for HT to produce 1:6 figures is a trend that will continue until eventually HT does the SW figures as well. It's just far from Sideshow's bread-n-butter these days, and they're definitely not keeping up with HT in quality and detail.

I hope not. I like a lot of what SS does Indy came out quite nice really and most of the SW stuff has as well. Now, they're not making as many of their own 1:6th anymore so they may be closing the doors but if so I hope they continue to make The Dead.

Its funny; too me the True-Types have too broad of shoulders, but the Prometheus are too narrow. Somewhere in the middle would be the best.

Whats funny, or possibly sad, is that the horrible buck body was perfect in shoulder width. Wider than the pro and slimmer than the TT. Sadly, it fell short in every other aspect.

As much as I think individual HT items rock, $150 12" figures just aren't sustainable as a "collection". $70 pushes it even.

I really have a hard time believing that the majority of 12" figure collectors would be willing to go to $150 items.

I think what you have here is a small but vocal crowd of ubercollectors that think SSC is a failure for not making HT quality figures.

I think anytime you make something with form fitting material, you need to make a special body for the figure.

As much as I think individual HT items rock, $150 12" figures just aren't for me. $70 pushes it even.

I really have a hard time believing that the majority of 12" figure collectors would be willing to go to $150 items.

I think what you have here is a small but vocal crowd of ubercollectors that think SSC is a failure for not making HT quality figures.

are you aware that THIS figure is $120 before shipping?

I think I see the end in sight for SS being a 1:6 company. :monkey2

Disney-Chicken-Little-Sky-Falling.jpg

I kid.

Back