Would you be interested in Sideshow doing Zorro product?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you be interested in Sideshow doing Zorro product?

• Yes, 1/6 action figures

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Yes, statues

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • No

Votes: 41 56.9%
  • Yes, but not Banderas

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Yes, but only Banderas

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
With the new movie opening in 2 weeks I thought this would be a good time for a survey!

I'd love to see a 1/6 Zorro, but not particularly an Antonio Banderas version. I'd rather have one as part of a pulp fiction series along with The Shadow.

I don't see that a Banderas version would be any different than a generic one really. Unlike Batman the costume hasn't changed much over the years (Gay Blade not withstanding).

It's not the costume, I just don't really care for a Banderas faced Zorro, though I suppose with a mask on it wouldn't really matter.

Plus, I really want a Shadow figure.

Zorro? Forget Zorro...

I would buy any statue of Katherine Zeta-Jones. Put her right there next to 7 of 9 in my office, and I would never do any work... :drool

I'd love a Douglas Fairbanks Zorro, but not really an Antonio Banderas Zorro. I think he was just fine in the first film, the problem was the film itself, the beginning and final quarters of it, perhaps more. However, if this sequel surpasses its predecessor in a number of ways the former was weak in, then I say sign me up, but I need to see the film first.

The big question mark is about Tornado. What good is Zorro without him??

Yes I'd buy one. I don't care if it's Guy Williams. A great costume is always draws me in.

I'd prefer Tyrone Power most, or Guy Williams (a Disney property which ain't gunna' happen), but Antonio would be okay. I'd get it for the reasons Dave state's which is it's not really a terribly different look from the other Zorro's. I also like the O'Henry character, and Banderas was fine in the role. It would be a cool property.

Count me in one the 1:6 figure. My first choice would be Guy Williams, the Zorro of my generation, but as Chamildav points out, fuhgeddaboudit. My next choice would be Tyrone Power.

But Banderas? He doan efan haff a steeking 'stache!

Here's an eight-year old FrankenFan riding the crest of Zorromania on Halloween Day, 1958 (where have those 47 years gone?):

zorro_hhwn58.jpg

Later that year, a Monster Kid would be born, when I get my first taste of Shock Theatre and Zacherly. What a great time to be a kid!

No love the fox so cunning and free?

Clarify something for me: Are people voting "no" to Bandaras as Zorro, or just the character in general?

nmrcnc_tsr.jpg

Hard to tell. I think they are voting against Zorro AND Banderas. Too bad, he seems like a nice fellow and wasn't awful in his first Zorro appearance. I didn't like the movie particulary, but it wasn't Antonio's fault.
Again, too bad. I really like the character and think it would have made an interesting addition to a new western line. What can ya' do? Zorro gets no love here.
Maybe if he came with a pointy ears and furry feet option?

I wouldn't mind having a Banderas Zorro. I would likely buy it if SS made it.

A Banderas Zorro wouldn't be that awful, although I would really like a Guy Williams or Tyrone Power version. Any Zorro would be nice. The pulp idea is a nice thought too.
Zorro
Shadow
Phantom
Doc Savage

Back