What is the Quintessential Superman Collectible?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrStayPuft

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy something that represents Superman, and obviously I want the best. It can be a statue or figure, based on the movies or comics.

Part of me would rather have it based on the movies, because I grew up watching them rather than reading the comics. I know DC Direct has a 12" Reeve Superman statue coming out soon, which looks good so far. Hot Toys has the Routh Superman too, but I think I'd rather have a statue for the price of $200

I know the Alex Ross Superman Forever Statue is owned by a lot of people, and I like that as well.

So what is the BEST Superman collectible out there. Opinions will differ, I just want a variety to choose from because I don't know what's out there.

Thanks

best one IMO is a kit called "Adopted Son" by statuetopia, but its not based on the movies

I like Alex Ross based superman work. It may be too realist for some though.

Everybody will say this, but it depends on what you're looking for exactly; and what speaks to you. Can't say much about the Reeve statue until it comes out but it looks pretty good. Personally I have a Superman statue made by Hallmark.
7784793509a09c894ab26110._AA280_.L.jpg

I really like the Golden Age era look, but that's me. I'm waiting for a Hot Toys Chris Reeve figure....one day.:confused:

There's also the Bottle City of Kandor display, I always thought that was real cool!
108438-150412-kandor_super.jpg

Last edited:
Hey MR?, you a fan of scrooge too????

I would kill for a Scrooge PF!!!

Generally I think there's a very poor selection of DC statues. This one always struck me as being the definitive statue for Superman:

SUPERMAN%20FOREVER.jpg

Its called Superman Forever & is based on the artwork of Alex Ross

Generally I think there's a very poor selection of DC statues. This one always struck me as being the definitive statue for Superman:

SUPERMAN%20FOREVER.jpg

Its called Superman Forever & is based on the artwork of Alex Ross

Agreed, I have one of those myself. Am ordering ArtDept's bust on monday to be the companion piece to go with it. Can't wait to see them both together :)

Failing that I think this is pretty representative :lol
PAB4288.jpg

Hot Toys 2 in 1 Superman. Everything about it is amazing, and though the sculpt is a generic Superman sculpt, not Routh, it's the best sculpt ever...the best suit ever... the best Clark ever...the best cape ever...

You get the picture.

The WETA superman statues are the best out there IMO.

Is definetly one I'd like to pick up at some point, especially with how pleased I've been with DC Direct's 1:2 Comic Book Joker.

It said on their website that it was made to order, did you have to order it directly from them or did you pick it up in a store or online ?

Does the fire pit light up at all ?

Is definetly one I'd like to pick up at some point, especially with how pleased I've been with DC Direct's 1:2 Comic Book Joker.

It said on their website that it was made to order, did you have to order it directly from them or did you pick it up in a store or online ?

Does the fire pit light up at all ?

well it has an edition size of 1500 printed on the base. I picked mine up online through a dealer.

Will have to go a hunting then, hopefully the exchange rate will have recovered for me by then. This low rate sucks ass if you're importing from the states.

Can't imagine it affects you guys the other way that much

For me if you are going for one thing and only one it gotta be either:

9416_a_full.jpg

or one of these either the original gold or this one:
5294_a_full.jpg

Back