Custom Premium Format Holster DONE !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfisher

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I have been tinkering with this one for the last week... kept having issues with the fact that if I made a holster that the pistol would fit into, the holster would be out of scale and look just as bulky and incorrect as the one that came with the figure.. I wanted a holster that looked screen accurate on the statue, so form beat function and I have produced a holster that is exactly 1/4 scale...

IMG_5333.jpg

you can read more info on the holster and see more photos of it on my web page... just click the link for 1/4 PF Raiders holster after going to the link in my signature below.... Thanks for looking and please let me know what you think !

Thanks.. appreciate it... one thing I did not mention is the color of the leather.. the holster pictured above has not been oiled yet.. that will smooth out the finish and darken the leather to the correct darker brown tone...

Stunning work Mike. You're really helping to make this statue as close to being perfect as possible!
Not sure why Sideshow can't get things correctly scaled. It's not difficult to measure something full size and just divide the measurement by 4 to determine how big it should be at 1/4 scale.

Looking forward to adding this holster to the superb gunbelt!

Chris

Can you please post a photo of the entire piece with the finished holster when you finish oiling it up, please? From what I can see you've done a great job!

Stunning work Mike. You're really helping to make this statue as close to being perfect as possible!
Not sure why Sideshow can't get things correctly scaled. It's not difficult to measure something full size and just divide the measurement by 4 to determine how big it should be at 1/4 scale.

Looking forward to adding this holster to the superb gunbelt!

Chris

Could not agree more, especially with that part about "...really helping to make this statue as close to being perfect as possible!"

I couldn't ask for more...this is my grail piece!

Can you please post a photo of the entire piece with the finished holster when you finish oiling it up, please? From what I can see you've done a great job!

I'd love to see that too!!!

:gun

Great...looking good! I'm just gonna have to get one to go with your awesome belt!

:D

Hey guys... I will most definitely get into the shop tonight and get better photos up.. stay tuned for that.. I also need to put up some pics of the custom Staff of Ra medallions I have done.. they came out pretty cool... i am getting really close to going ahead and getting a bit crazy.. I am thinking about cutting my Indy's arms off below the shoulder and above the wrist and replacing that section with something with a posable joint... nuts, I know.. but I think just a little bit of articulation would be cool.. we'll see... depends on how much Bourbon I drink this weekend and if it builds up the necessary courage for such a task !! we'll see.. My problem is that I have more ideas than time :)

I think you're doing a wonderful work in providing these accessories to the Indy owners.

Feel like doing a 1/3 Jack Sparrow Pirate Hat for the Cinemaquette? ;) :stick

MinMay... I would love to.. i have been building 1/6 stuff for years and have always been a fan of Tony Barton's custom work... ( if you are not familiar with his work, check out the sixthscale message board from the UK.. that guy is a GENIOUS).. he has done custom hats out of fine felt.. I would love to experiment with that process to produce a felt fedora in this scale.. but that is a project that won't get started for a bit...
As for the Jack Sparrow hat.. that would be a fun project to mess with.. probably not too terribly difficult to tackle actually.. but I do not have a Sparrow in that scale to do fit tests with..

Oh yeah, I would also be up for a fedora as well in this scale. It would be great as an accessory for hatless Indy to hold...

Anyway, I just need to gather my finances to get in line for the holster...top notch work Mike!

:gun

Here's a few pics from after oiling the holster.. you can see it takes the color down a bit to a deeper brown, but still lighter than the belt...

IMG_5343.jpg

IMG_5342.jpg

Looking at this screenshot you can see the size and color of the original Raiders holster

095-ROTLA.jpg

Take your time. There are 1000 Exclusive out there...so you have a potential of capturing 1000 sale quantity :) Maybe create a poll to see how many would be interested before spending your time in making one.

I miss my Indy PF :(

MinMay... I would love to.. i have been building 1/6 stuff for years and have always been a fan of Tony Barton's custom work... ( if you are not familiar with his work, check out the sixthscale message board from the UK.. that guy is a GENIOUS).. he has done custom hats out of fine felt.. I would love to experiment with that process to produce a felt fedora in this scale.. but that is a project that won't get started for a bit...
As for the Jack Sparrow hat.. that would be a fun project to mess with.. probably not too terribly difficult to tackle actually.. but I do not have a Sparrow in that scale to do fit tests with..

A few more pics of a finished and weathered PF holster.. as you can see in the Cairo screenshot, his holster was pretty scuffed up.. so I lightly sanded this one a bit and used a bit of pastel chalks to give it a better worn, dusty look
IMG_5344.jpg

I'm pretty sure that there would be a lot of potential takers since it was badly missed when the maquette was first announced.
In case you should decide to give it a try and need measures from the piece just let me know.

Here's a few pics from after oiling the holster.. you can see it takes the color down a bit to a deeper brown, but still lighter than the belt...

IMG_5343.jpg

IMG_5342.jpg

Looking at this screenshot you can see the size and color of the original Raiders holster

095-ROTLA.jpg

What happened to your PF's satchel? Are you planning on replacing the strap for it, too?

Back