HT BB vs DK Original Costume Batman question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bum

Pirate Ninja
Reaction score
Hi there,
Other than the long cape on BB, and the additional head on the DK version,

what are the differences between the HT BB and the HT DK OC version?

Thanks!

The BB head sculpt doesn't look like Bale under the cowl and is much more cartoony looking than the DK version. The DK version is a complete rubber suit version where the BB one, seperate pieces were attached to an undersuit.

This:
htbblit.jpg

Or this:
nhtbp1.jpg

If you have a choice, i.e. you can get either one, get the new one, theres no point bothering with the old one. If however you're having a hard time finding hte new one and want to settle for the old one, its not completely terrible, just not as good as the new one.

As pointed out, obvious differences, the suit ont he old one is a flexible bodysuit with the rubber armor glued on, this makes him bulkier, and alot more restricted to posing and prone to tearing in extreme posing. THe gauntlets are a bit more rubbery, and not as good, headsculpt isn't up to par, and not much of a likeness, the grapnel gun doesnt hook on the back (that pic was mine modified) and he's pretty tightly limited in posing, especially the boots which are pretty solid.

The new one has a full rubber body suit, he's highly poseable, newer rubber boots make posing his ankles easy (though he does have loose ankles). Headsculpt is amazing plus you get the new bale head. And hte belt can hold the gun on the back now. The cape on the old one was ALOT bigger, size of a small tent, but hte new ones good enough size too.

Where can I get or find the new one besides eBay? Anyone on the board can help me out if you have extras?

Sorry Bum. Didn't mean to do that. You and I are in the same boat. BTW, great thread.

I look at this pic and it blows me away as to how real that looks.

nhtbp1.jpg

Sorry Bum. Didn't mean to do that. You and I are in the same boat. BTW, great thread.

Was just messing with ya. We're all in the same boat. :)
there're a few Batman Begins HT, but to complete my collection out, i'm looking for TDK OC as well.

Agreed. TDK OC seem like the better version to go with. This is my grail at the moment. What do you think is a good price for it? I saw one going for $250. That's steap for me.

I look at this pic and it blows me away as to how real that looks.

nhtbp1.jpg

cool picture indeed, but somehow the pose remind me of this:
cdopspmkeaton01.jpg

:D

Hey guys I brought the TDK original suit Batman just before Christmas and I gotta say that I'm so happy with it. I have Takara Bats, HT Joker (v.1) and BR Joker also. I'm just sorting out my Detolf lighting out and I'll post some pics. Promise.

I had to get my TDK orignal suit from ebay because I waited too long to decide whether I needed another Batman Begins suit but I decided the TDK orignal suit looked far too good to resist.

The only thing I'm pissed about is that my box came a a bit batterd. It was probably for that reason that I finally decided to display my figures rather than keep them in their boxes like that 40-year old virgin guy. The weird thing was that the box came packaged fine and it got the impression that it wasn't damaged on the way because the packaging didn't knocked or damaged in anyway. I thought about flagging it with the seller in China but thought it was more than it's worth and thought that I'm buying these expensive lil guys for the fgiure not the box so I decided to live with it.

Just wondering has anybody asked HT if they could replace the box? From reading what other peeps have put they can be quite good at replacing parts for the HT bodies. Also I know their not making the figure anymore so that could also be another reason why they might so 'no'. I know it's a bit of a shot in the dark but I'm just curious whether anyone else has asked.

Cheers

The Dark Knight original costume Batman was the first 1/6 figure I ever got and remains my favourite. The two biggest complaints about it from people were that the ankles are weak and the cape too thick. I'll concede both these points, but they're also pretty easily fixed - the ankles by stuffing the boots with a little padding to give extra support, and the cape with a lot of time spent "futzing" the material, or even swapping it out with the Takara version.

Basically if you can get your hands on this figure, do it!

Hey guys I brought the TDK original suit Batman just before Christmas and I gotta say that I'm so happy with it. I have Takara Bats, HT Joker (v.1) and BR Joker also. I'm just sorting out my Detolf lighting out and I'll post some pics. Promise.

I had to get my TDK orignal suit from ebay because I waited too long to decide whether I needed another Batman Begins suit but I decided the TDK orignal suit looked far too good to resist.

The only thing I'm pissed about is that my box came a a bit batterd. It was probably for that reason that I finally decided to display my figures rather than keep them in their boxes like that 40-year old virgin guy. The weird thing was that the box came packaged fine and it got the impression that it wasn't damaged on the way because the packaging didn't knocked or damaged in anyway. I thought about flagging it with the seller in China but thought it was more than it's worth and thought that I'm buying these expensive lil guys for the fgiure not the box so I decided to live with it.

Just wondering has anybody asked HT if they could replace the box? From reading what other peeps have put they can be quite good at replacing parts for the HT bodies. Also I know their not making the figure anymore so that could also be another reason why they might so 'no'. I know it's a bit of a shot in the dark but I'm just curious whether anyone else has asked.

Cheers

can't recall, but i think someone in commerce was selling boxes.

If you're going to do it, do it now. When I ordered it from there last August it sold out only a week later and has been more or less out of stock since.

did it the moment i read it, and let two others know who'd been following this thread or looking in commerce, :)

Thanks to Bum, I have placed my pre-ordered. Keeping my fingers cross that BBTS will get them soon.

Back