Why Sideshow???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanpedromanrique

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I chose to collect Sideshow products because or their great quality (I think they produce the most reallistic looking figures on the market) because they are reliable, because of their limited editions and because they do many different licences.
So what are your reasons for being a Sideshow collector???

They make quality figures and they happen to have chosen to do 12 inch figures that I've always wished would be made (examples - Buffy, X-Files). A winning combination for me.

Their likenesses are usually very good, some are fantastic. The detail they give the figures and the accessories make them top of the line really.

Two reasons,Universal Monsters and quality 1/6th scale action figure collectables.

Sideshow = the best Jasons Voorhees ever !!!!!!!!!

Because they are the only company that did all those Jasons from friday the 13th...and I hope they will continue to do so until they have done all the movies from the serie. From licenses to licenses...they have so many choices....and the quality is there also... And wait till they do the 1/6 star wars...I think it will be a revolution !!!!!

Last edited:
Because they made what I like (originally Universal Monsters 8", later a bunch of 12" stuff like UM, Bond and Buffy) and made it well.

They also produce several unique "themed" figures like "Six gun Legends" and "Bayonets and Barbed Wire" that I like very much.

Best sculpting of any action figure company. No one else even compares. There work really is art.

Those are good enough reasons to to be a fan I think.

I only collect the Buffy figures and I had seen the 6" ones around for quite awhile and they never appealed to me. I just don't think they are very good and then I saw the Hush Buffy on Ebay one day and thought it looked great. I didn't buy it at that time, it wasn't until I saw the GD Buffy, Angel and Spike figures that I got hooked and started collecting them. I just think the sculpts, with a couple of exceptions, are spot on fantastic. The detail in the sculpt and outfits are wonderful.

I think the fact that they are 12" size and look so good makes them that much more special to collect. Like I said, I don't think the 6" ones look that great and there was some other size out for awhile (maybe 10") that looked horrendous and nothing like the actors at all. I also love that they are so posable too.

And, as you can see by my name, I love Firefly/Serenity and would love it if Sideshow did that line too. There are the 6" ones out there but I won't buy those - again, just don't think they look like the characters that much, but if Sideshow started selling those I'd be buying!!

I like collecting quality, affordable 1/6 scale movie and tv figures, and Sideshow pretty much owns that market lock, stock and barrel.

Well, they teamed up with Weta to make the statues, busts, enviro, helms, etc from the best trilogy ever. Their 12" and 1/4th scale stuff is fantastic also so I know I will get great quality items from them and the best Customer Service around.

They are the only company that has released World War One, Civil War, and Revolutionary War figures on a regular basis. I just wish they would make more than two a year! :tap

I stared collecting Sideshow when they made the first Uni Monster 6" figures. Then I got into the 1/6 format figures because of Ultimate Soldier and Dragon so when Sideshow started the Uni Monsters and Holy Grail figures in 1/6, I was ready and waiting.

It's always been that the licenses they get, combined with the formats. Buffy and Bond as 1/6 action figures was irresistable. Not to mention Uni Monsters, Python, Spinal Tap and now Star Wars. As long as their licenses parallel my tastes I'll be buying.

I like 1/6 figures, and no other 1/6 figures are better, more affordable, and as easliy available, in as wide a range, as Sideshows. The excellent customer service, newsletters, competitions, friendly staff and this forum, I didn't find out about till later.

High quality pieces and best likeness out of any company. Only Cinemaquette pieces look better (from what we have seen) but their customer service is just BAD.

Back