Kong makeover - which do you prefer?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSA

Super Freak
Reaction score
New pic of a made over King Kong - which do you prefer?

kongcomparison7ui.jpg

well theyre both superbly done, the first one is less scarred but also has a softer looking side to him. Like he can be a beast but also gentle and understanding(like he is in the moive, kinda). The second makes him look much meaner and brutal. Also donesnt feature as much characteristics of an ape, looks less apey :wacky
hmmm I really cant decide until Ive seen them both in action, as in how they act, the animation of the face etc...

The first one. I think he looks more like Kong, as he doesn't look as mean. Kong is all about having that softer side, and I think that shows through best in the first image.

The first one is better because you can see a softer part to the character
plus the tooth on the side of the mouth gives you a little bit of meaness.
The second picture has been made more of a grey color and he looks
like a constipated old man. I don't like the new version.
That my opinion anyway.

the 2nd.

To me the second one is the one to go for....

Most people have said the first, because you get to see the "softer" side of Kong in his face....To me that would be wrong.

The whole idea of the movie (to me..), is all about, not judging something by appearances...You look at the second picture, and you think...How can that beast be anything BUT evil. Anyone would just want to destroy this abomination..but, as you will not doubt discover as the movie progresses...This ape has more going on, on the inside...And it takes a special lady to bring it out..Even the most foul/evil looking creature in the world...can have a heart of gold.

I saw the toys today and I guess it's admirable that they've made the kids toys more like the 2nd image. He really looks beat up, but if you'd been fighting dinosaurs your whole life, maybe you'd look like that too.

Darklord Dave said:
He really looks beat up, but if you'd been fighting dinosaurs your whole life, maybe you'd look like that too.

Hell I look like that after fighting with my wife! :google :naughty

JS :wacky

I don't like either of them but definitely prefer the one on the right because it's less cheesy looking.

I hope Kong is not too cartoony and cheesy - he needs to be realistic. My guess is that they will abuse the CGI and make Kong's facial expressions too exaggerated and over the top. This will make Kong much less convincing in my opinion.

Sorry to be so negative, but I had the same feeling about what Lucas was doing to his characters when I saw previews of The Phantom Menace years ago. After all, we all love Jar Jar's facial expressions - dont we?? :google .

Hope I'm wrong.

Dave

I used to think the tooth was cool but then in certain shots, it looks pretty dumb. And dumb is not something you want in this movie!

I've heard that its Peter's idea to show him tough and mean then slowly get to the softer side, his "inner monkey" lol. SO, the newer look seems to follow that logic.

I like the left one myself. Its more ape-like instead of the battle scar version on the right, which looks too much humanoid.

Back