Samwise and Bill the pony statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matner77

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have one of these and I'm now thinking of selling it. Does anyone know what sort of price these go for. I couldnt find one on ebay last time I checked? I don't want to over price or under-cut myself.

It's only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. You should post this in the LotR section.

have one of these and I'm now thinking of selling it. Does anyone know what sort of price these go for. I couldnt find one on ebay last time I checked? I don't want to over price it or under-cut myself.

Funny I was just chatting about this statue with thenammagazine yesterday. Its my favorite of the whole Sideshow/Weta line.

so how much would it cost me to buy it?

I'm not sure what the average price is for this statue. I saw it on ebay about a year ago for over £800.00. I thought that was a bit over the top to be honest.
This is my favourite piece and the last of my sideshow collection (I had almost 60 at one time). I'm only thinking of selling to help me fund a dream trip to Disneyland for my girlfriends 21st at the end of the year.

I would like a nice amount for it, but I don't want to put off potential collectors by asking to much

I'm not sure what the average price is for this statue. I saw it on ebay about a year ago for over £800.00. I thought that was a bit over the top to be honest.
This is my favourite piece and the last of my sideshow collection (I had almost 60 at one time). I'm only thinking of selling to help me fund a dream trip to Disneyland for my girlfriends 21st at the end of the year.

I would like a nice amount for it, but I don't want to put off potential collectors by asking to much

£800,wow!

well your selling it for the right cause anyway,good luck with getting a fair price for it mate:cool:

Thanks for that info pixletwin. Just checked the exchange rate in £
Thats between £508.00 & £580.00

I think thats about right, I know there was one on evilbay a while ago for £500, don't think it sold though :dunno
Sell something else, I love my Sam & Bill and would hate to have to sell them, at least it is for a great cause though :rock
Good luck :duff
x :peace

I remember Adam from DSC sold his for $150 because there was some really minor damage. I am still kicking myself for not buying it. Such a beeyooteeful statue.

sell it soon, better that later since all of this stuff seems to be dropping value. (all this economic sht).
i have seen these go for over 1k, but now $700 range would be a fair price and would be the same as $800 on ebay.
i would love to get this one, but just got to much sht coming right now. and with luck it'll be cheaper down the road.

good luck on the sale:peace

Cheers guys, it really does break my heart to sell it. At the moment I'm being ruthless with my collectables to raise some money...all in secret of course. I'm hoping it will be a big suprise for her. When she finds out, she will tell me off for selling them :rotfl:rotfl

Funny I was just chatting about this statue with thenammagazine yesterday. Its my favorite of the whole Sideshow/Weta line.

Deffo up there for me too, love my Sam and Bill statue! :rock

I think thats about right, I know there was one on evilbay a while ago for £500, don't think it sold though :dunno
Sell something else, I love my Sam & Bill and would hate to have to sell them, at least it is for a great cause though :rock
Good luck :duff
x :peace

Respect to you buddy! :banana

Oh and the last one I saw sold in the UK went, on bids, for £425...hope this helps...really nice gesture by the way, i'm sure your gf will be thrilled!! :)

Last edited:
Sam and Bill was one of those most-wanted pieces for me that I never got a hold of. To me, the piece is more representative of the book than the movie, as Sam's love for Bill is not really emphasized in the film. Too bad you are selling it.

Cheers guys, it really does break my heart to sell it. At the moment I'm being ruthless with my collectables to raise some money...all in secret of course. I'm hoping it will be a big suprise for her. When she finds out, she will tell me off for selling them :rotfl:rotfl

There are really cheap places to stay right in Disney now and there are other ways to save money. Make sure you can't raise the money in other ways before selling this because you might not be able to ever get it back.

Recently I have felt a sudden urge to dive into the WETA line but, I don't think I could afford it.:monkey2

This has always been one of my favorites.

Back