Craig is Bond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thamesvalidude

Super Freak
Reaction score
So now it's official, Daniel Craig is the sixth incarnation of Bond. If you ever saw our friends in the North or Layer Cake you might not be as upset as most people, who aren't aware of Craig's work, are going to be. The man can act and really can do the cold killer. It's just going to be tough to get used to a new (blond?) face. I don't envy him because he's certainly got one hell of a hard act to follow. :cool:

Better get sculpting Andy or Oluf!!!

I dont really see a Bond in him.... But then again, if Pierce Brosnan can do it then I have no doubt this guy'll manage just fine.

1112873888_extras_fotos_gente_0.jpg

LOL he looks abit old here. But he seems to be able to wear a decent suit!
daniel_craig_bond.jpg

It is a radically different look for Bond. He's been pretty handsome and suave up till now. Guess they decided to try something new. I've seen Mr. Craigs work and I agree he can play a cold blooded killer but I think theirs a little more to Bond than that. Were going to find out how charming a killer he can play now.
I think I'm going to miss Brosnan almost as much as I missed Connery. Almost.

The only thing Pierce had was the right attitude imho. I dont know anything about this guy except that he looks old and very not Bond-like.

This story was the top headline of the news on my homepage this morning. Although, much like sports stories, I don't consider it that major or important to trump out all other stories, but it's still great to hear someone has finally been chosen for Bond. While I'm saddened to see Brosnan go, only since his swan song was the incredibly stupid "Die Another Day", I'm curious to see how Craig does in the role of Bond. He does have a good look to him, I think, and apparently is a good actor (I'm not familiar with his work), I just hope he has a good script to work with.

Horrible IMO. He just looks wrong.

Bring back Dalton! He had a great "edge" to his Bond that Moore and Brosnan were missing.

Craig is an excellent actor, but I'd agree he doesn't really look like Bond. Seems they're going for a rougher, edgier Bond though, and that could be a good thing.

He's definitely a bit rougher looking than the previous Bonds, but I'll wait to actually see him in action before I dismiss him outright. I hate to see Brosnan go, but maybe it's for then best. I don't think any of us wants to see him overstay his welcome like Moore did with A View to a Kill.

They jury is out on this one for me.
I don't really like this pick just on appearance (better then some of the others), but it might work to some degree.

I am a big Bond fan and have been for decades, as I watched them all with my dad growing up and own every one on DVD. I am a Connery fan, but grew up with Moore. I though Lazenby was terrible, Dalton was good but was shafted on LTK (The Living Daylights I liked), and Brosnan was not too bad.

I hope they pull this one out.

Gruson said:
Horrible IMO. He just looks wrong.

Bring back Dalton! He had a great "edge" to his Bond that Moore and Brosnan were missing.

Brosnan was the next best Bond after Connory. He could have made at least one more film. Don't forget even with inflation his four films have made more money for that franchise than the rest of the films put together.

Face it everyone, there will never ever be a Bond that can compare to the original. Sean Connery IS Bond and everyone else that tried the role was nothing more then a wanabe. Geez, Orlando would have been better then this guy.

Back