Palisades to make 1/6th scale Jareth from Labyrinth!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerosmith

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just read this on the Palisades board.

Page 12/13 in Toyfare. Palisades has plans to release a "12-inch figure of David Bowie as Goblin King in Spring of 2006 and hopes to make more than one based on his various costumes, although other Labrynth products have yet to be decided on."

Oh man! I cant wait for this. :banana

Wow that's cool! I might buy one if it's done well.
But I really hope they make a good Jennifer Connelly figure soon after the Goblin King! :drool

hairlesswookiee said:
sounds cool , but i still have nightmares about david bowie dancing around in his tight spandex pants.

you should be having nightmares because palisades has a terrible history in the 1/6th business.............remember those crappy reservoir dogs and final fantasy figures? :horror

hairlesswookiee said:
sounds cool , but i still have nightmares about david bowie dancing around in his tight spandex pants.

:mwaha

What's that picture from? It looks like Jean-Claude VanDamme. Nothing says decline of the white race more than watching some of the men dance... :D

Although, I should talk, went to a recent family reunion and watched old Japanese men dance...*shudder*

I hope this means that they will have a new body. Palisades present body is too thick in areas (hands, and legs) for Bowie. The current design is also poorly constructed with loose joints, poorly fitted pieces, and heavy, cheap looking plastic.

I used to watch a lot of B martial arts films, from Don Wilson, Jeff Speakman, Steven Seagal, etc. but I can't remember which film JC dances in! Kickboxer? Someone must make a figure of that. Forget the plush animals with nunchaku. I want a dancing JC!

That's VanDamme? I thought it was Joe Piscopo. Either way - Bowie actually CAN move. And I will probably buy a Bowie doll and display it in an awkward dance position.

Check out this switch plate:
bowie_switchplate_cover.jpg

Be careful how you turn him on!

Nick

So where is the link to Palisades??

Viking28 said:
That VanDamme clip is painfull to watch!! ahaahhaha

At least it is better than his martial arts skills. :D

If it's a nice figure I'd like to get a couple for gifts. I have a friend who's a huge "labrynth" fan and another who thinks David Bowie is the ginchiest. But I just wasn't crazy about the "Reservoir Dogs" figures. I love the movie but I just couldn't se myself displaying the cheezy figures anyway. I hope Jareth turns out a little better. Actually a lot better.
Sideshow could have rocked this figure.

I see that some dealers have this figure in stock. Has anyone obtained it and if so, has anyone been able to get one with the rumoured cloak? If so where did you get it from and what are your opinions.

Back