Any real life pics of the Dr. Manhattan 1/6 figure out there yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzfan84

Super Freak
Reaction score
A comic store that is *kinda* near me (40 minutes away) says they got these in stock last week. I was on the fence looking at the official pictures and some of the ones from SDCC. Did anyone pick him up and take pictures yet? It could make or break my decision.

no pics but i saw it in my local comic store. it looks pretty bad for the price i must say, like a 2 up of a marvel legend figure with a hasbro suit on.

no pics but i saw it in my local comic store. it looks pretty bad for the price i must say, like a 2 up of a marvel legend figure with a hasbro suit on.

That's what I thought when I saw the early shots, too. What was it at your shop? $100?

I emailed Joe because my LCS failed to save one for me because of some miscommunication. If he has them I'm getting two (One to pose suited and one without) but then again Manhattan is my favorite.

He looks better in this picture:

P1030205.jpg

That's saying something since I think he looks like crap in that picture. If there was ever a figure that needed a HT muscle body, this is it.

I think the thing that's throwing me off the most is that the proportions look very wonky to me. It may just be me, but it looks....wrong.

In the states it's 100 tops. When I put together my Lost Predator the other day, I couldn't help but think that it looked stupid without everything on it. I think it is comparable to this figure without the suit. However, with this one, people are probably going to want to display it without the suit, so it needs to look as goof as possible.

I hope a HT Manhattan comes with a translucent rubber muscle body, and a light up torso.

I hope a HT Manhattan comes with a translucent rubber muscle body, and a light up torso.

I don't know how well translucent rubber would look on a transulcent TT. I'd just prefer him to be blue. :dunno

I think the real question though is would we want him anatomically correct? Wouldn't be a problem on most figures but seeing as he prefers to wear his birthday suit (and even does so in the film) I think this is a serious thing to think about.

Personally, even if he cam out anatomically correct, he would be wearing the speedo - at the very least. Maybe even the suit :lol

Back