Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good?

• yep.

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • nope.

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
What episodes I have watched I liked it. Its almost like the Batman from the 70's and 80's that I watched as a kid.

What episodes I have watched I liked it. Its almost like the Batman from the 70's and 80's that I watched as a kid.
it kind of is. they're all basically from the Sprang Batman comics. this show definitely has better writers and actors though.
did you see the Xmas episode with the totally ^^^^ed up flashbacks? not for kids.

it kind of is. they're all basically from the Sprang Batman comics. this show definitely has better writers and actors though.
did you see the Xmas episode with the totally ^^^^ed up flashbacks? not for kids.

No the only two I have got to watch all the way through was with the Green Arrow and the other with Plastic Man.

It's a nice addition to the animated Batman pantheon. I enjoy the 2 minute openings that are mostly standalones, and I like that the episodes can be watched randomly. It shows how GOOD (and entertaining to adults) an animated show that is child-friendly can be. It's the antithesis of Lucas' AWFUL Clone Wars, where everything is cornball, forced, and insulting to intelligent viewers. (please don't get me started, I have a laundry list) I liken CW's "Ahsoka" to Scrappy Doo- that horrible "we have to have a central character that children associate with" (what's wrong with Kenobi?) syndrome. B&TB has some great "geek cred" going with the eclectic character choices, and it isn't dumbed down in any way, yet it would seem to have universal appeal. I love that it emulates the style of ^^^^ Sprang- it's nice to see the lighthearted style of the 50's back in a way that doesn't seem syrupy or absurd. The voice casting has been nice, too. I wish the action figures didn't have huge holes in them, if they didn't, I'd at least buy a Batman and Red Tornado.

Last edited:
It's a nice addition to the animated Batman pantheon. I enjoy the 2 minute openings that are mostly standalones, and I like that the episodes can be watched randomly. It shows how GOOD (and entertaining to adults) an animated show that is child-friendly can be. It's the antithesis of Lucas' AWFUL Clone Wars, where everything is cornball, forced, and insulting to intelligent viewers. (please don't get me started, I have a laundry list) I liken CW's "Ahsoka" to Scrappy Doo- that horrible "we have to have a central character that children associate with" (what's wrong with Kenobi?) syndrome. B&TB has some great "geek cred" going with the eclectic character choices, and it isn't dumbed down in any way, yet it would seem to have universal appeal. I love that it emulates the style of ^^^^ Sprang- it's nice to see the lighthearted style of the 50's back in a way that doesn't seem syrupy or absurd. The voice casting has been nice, too. I wish the action figures didn't have huge holes in them, if they didn't, I'd at least buy a Batman and Red Tornado.
yeah, i can agree that Clone Wars seems a little forced(pun!). but i can still enjoy it in spite of it's faults. it's still very well made.

i haven't seen the figures. what do you mean about "holes"? also, is there a Black Manta figure yet? i'll be needing that if so.
i like it. it's a little campy, but still fun.
well, the good thing is it's actually campy on purpose. instead of just being poorly made. the writing is actually really clever.

Last edited:
It's obviously a children's oriented show, but I caught a few minutes of an episode and I love the style. It definitely screams Jack Kirby meets ^^^^ Sprang.

i just noticed the board auto-censors D1ck Sprang. maybe we should call him Richard.

^^^^ sucking mother^^^^ing ^^^^ hole ^^^^ty mod system!

oh, does anybody have pics of the figures they can post here?

I love the show - very fun stuff. As to the toys, I've reviewed a few:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_123108a.htm

https://www.quickstopentertainment.com/2009/01/06/batman-the-brave-and-the-bold/

review_batbravebold_1.jpg

oooh, ok. i see the damn holes now.
that's a shame.

still getting me a Black Manta.

i dig it. my son and daughter love it (4 and 6). it's a kids show and done very well imo. i dig the old school 60's style b & b animation and i like that there are a ton of villains also. i also like the unabashed campiness. it's refreshing.

black manta and blue beetle are my favorites from the toy line.

I liked it its an old school look, I caught the show by luck i was going thru the channels and it landed on batman, i was kind of disconnected from the batman cartoon world, until i saw it was brand new material.

well, i got a Black Manta... then i decided i needed an Aquaman to go with that... now, i'll probably just get all of them.
stupid awesome Batman show!

Back