Sideshow did it again!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Zaius

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just loved the way my two Mutant Leaders arrived. Their was a note from Sideshow as to how the shipment was inspected and the boxes that the figures were in were free from defects. And after I move the bubble package and free Fairy I find not one but two very damaged and crushed Mutant Leader boxes. I think from now on I will buy my SS items off of Ebay. If SS can't give you better and safer shipping than that I will go to Ebay and get the figures cheaper and stress to the Ebay seller how I want the figure packed.
Hmm lets see, pay $40.00 + dollars with SS and around $9.00 shipping and get damaged boxes are pay $25.00 + Dollars on Ebay and get better shipping???? Ebay here I come!!! :google

Wow. Sorry to hear the bad news Dr. Look at the bright side. At least the leader is still in stock and you could probably still return them for new boxes. Another thing, at least you got something free. I haven't gotten anything free except those damn braclets and key rings. In the last month alone I've bought over $300 worth of merchandise. No Dvd, No Feary, no Muppet! :banghead

Does it give you a name on the inspection letter?

I have had that misfortune before as well, with my Jason Part VI figure. I called or wrote Sideshow (can't remember which) and they sent me a new box for the figure. They didn't ask for it to be returned either. I thought it was pretty cool for them to do. I would suggest calling or writing Sideshow to ask if they can send you a new box.

Don't blame Sideshow for bad postal handling! That just isn't fair.
Sideshow has been MORE than helpful on any claims that I've had
to file regarding damaged product. I have no doubt that the items
were fine when they left Sideshow, only to be bashed and trashed
while in transit.

Contact Sideshow, and I'm sure they'll take care of you.

JS :wave

JSAuctionService said:
Don't blame Sideshow for bad postal handling! That just isn't fair.
Sideshow has been MORE than helpful on any claims that I've had
to file regarding damaged product. I have no doubt that the items
were fine when they left Sideshow, only to be bashed and trashed
while in transit.

Contact Sideshow, and I'm sure they'll take care of you.

JS :wave

Don't want to make you mad but it wasn't bad postal handeling. The shipping box was in A-1 condition. It was bad packing. The packer shoved the free Fairy and bubble packs down to close the box to tape it shut. They were packed so tight the they couldn't move during transit which is good due to the way things get thrown around during shipping but poor when you use so much packing material that you can not shut the box with out damage to the item you are sending.
This has happened to me since the arrival of the Astronaut Taylor. Every other Ape figure I have bought have arrived in damaged boxes. Sure, SS sent out relacements but wouldn't it be wiser and cheaper not to damage the boxes while packing them then to have to send out extra boxes at extra cost and extra shipping to replace something that could have been avoided?

I think you should contact Sideshow even if you don't want a replacement and inform them that your order was mishandled, hopefully the guy who did it will lose his job over this sort of thing. Saving Sideshow some money and us customers grief.
Also, apparently the regular mutant or the combo of both the exclusive and regular Mutant are a hidden free-be, there's been a few people that have ordered the same and received a free Freud Fairy and note from Sideshow.
I received the same note with my free Simpsons Bust, but not in any other order, it must be associated with the free-be.

Sorry, but SS pricing is for suckers. I own over 50 of their 1/6 line and have bought all from ebay below retail. Their customer service is not worth the extra money in my opinion...nor in Dr. Zaius's I guess.

Sure Ebay is cheaper but the ridiculous amount of postal price gouging is not cool.

And it wouldn't be cool if the packer lost his job over this. Everyone needs a job. SS will sort it out for you Doc. :peace

I got the "home Mulder" figure last week and the box was badly damaged, crushed really. I only get the exclusives off sideshow, everything else is priced too high, ebay or dealers is the way to go.
________
mexico hotels

Last edited:
Totally correct Stickman. It would be most unacceptable to sack someone over this. It is still not good that it happened in the first place. What is good is that Sideshow do bend over backwards to correct errors, whenever and however they can. Sideshows pricing is for suckers. They have to price it that way, to get us to buy from distibutors and retailers. It wouldn't make sense to undercut them and let their service go down the pooper. They certainly could sell their items less than what they go for on ebay, but their distribution network would collapse, they would have to aquire an enormous warehouse, and facilitate sales themselves, leading to service failure. They are the leaders in their field, for all the ****e they cop. If there is a better way, I reckon they will examine the options and alternatives.

You have much talent Customizeryouare, I prefer to say. We all know that, and I admire your work, it is killer stuff. It is unfortunate that you denegrate Sideshow so much. I find it unbecoming of you, because in this case, Dr. Zaius can pursue satisfaction because he spent the extra. If he had purchased from another source his headache would have become a migraine. I have over 100 1/6 figures, with only a handful purchased direct. Never had a problem with anyone, and each time I read of things going wrong, I appreciate it more that things have gone right for me. Seeing as you seem to be in that same category, I just can't see why you take the tone you do. Maybe it just comes across to me that way.

I should probably chime in here since I have a box from Sideshow just about every other day. Granted that they aren't traveling far to get to me, but out of the hundreds of purchases I've made, there's been maybe one or two where the boxes weren't in mint condition.

But do contact them through the customer service form if you have questions or problems of any kind.

I admit that SS's shipping standards aren't the best but I'm sure that SS'c customer service department will be able to fix everything.

I've had a few 1/6 figures arrive with damaged boxes also. The damage wasn't caused by poor shipping but by poor packing. I do think that SS is improving their shipping methods since it's been a while since I've received any damaged 1/6 figures. My major complaint with their shipping is that the shipping boxes don't protect the item packages. The single 1/6 figure boxes are horrible. :banghead I wish SS would ship all of their items surrounded by packig materials. A box outside an inner-box is not protection. That's just plain lazy.

I think the main problem is NOT Sideshow but Fedex.

I created an online account with Fedex so I could track the package and they could expedite the delivery. I live less than a 6 hr drive away from Sideshow, but it took nearly eight days for a package to get to me.

Good thing it wasn't insulin.

Now that is customer service!

"If it positively absolutely has to get there on time...use someone else."

LOL

Although FedEx can be painful, I don't think that really has much to do with Dr_Zaius' complaint regarding poor packing :confused:

I agree that SS leaves much to be desired in their packing department (being that I like my boxes as pristine as the poly inside). Only ones I've ever received from them which were packed well are Sauron and Luke PF.
I find it strange how so many ebay sellers can pack to withstand an atomic bomb yet SS seems to fall short on offering it's customers the same courtesy. :banghead

Their customer service is great but I'd rather get it right first time.

I don't think it is that serious of an issue that any one should loose their job. I contacted SS the day they arrived and had new boxes in the mail the next day. My only complaint is I just wish they would have been more careful to pack the first time to avoid the headache. :banghead Since I have had my SS Ape line cased buy Action Figure Authority which grades on the box condition, the box is important to me as much as the figure

Thanks Creecher. I really enjoy repainting the SS figs. I absolutely love SS figure lines overall. I just hate the fact that I can get the same item from an ebayer for 30% less most of the time. Makes me feel like I'm getting raked over the coals if I order direct.

I am not a SS cheerleader, and a lot of people here are. I'm sure that annoys some, however, if a new item sucks in my opinion(Willow) I say it. If an item is great(Spike) I say it. I think my online persona is a bit grumpier than my real life one. I need to work on that. I stand by my statement though. For most SS items...really...why pay more? I guess you form something of a relationship with a company when you order direct, but I don't need the Christmas card that bad. :D

I generally only order from Sideshow because of the exclusive. I've ordered very few items that weren't. I for one have never had any problems with shipping (except they sent me a canceled item once).

Back