TOD (You Betrayed Sheeba) 3-3/4"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
TOD TOD (You Betrayed Shiva) 3-3/4"

Hi All

I know this isn't 1/6 but I thought I would show you all my lastest dio enjoy and comments welcomed.

When Hasbro released the Temple of Doom figures it was a very easy choice for me to make this dio, It was the prfect way to display these fantastic looking figures. As always when the figures and dio were built I used Vallejo and Games Workshop paints.

When I started this project I didn't want to just have nothing at the bottom of the cliff, So with this in mind a decided to have a much smaller version of the crocs having a feast at the bottom.

RECIPE

1: Figures - Indy and Mola Ram are both from Hasbro, they were put into the postures I liked then the joints were superglued to stop movement and then they were painted.

2: Base - The base is made from balsa wood and cardboard, the stone cliff face I got from the local hobby shop, it's 1/72 scale it comes in sheets of about 20cm x 15cm and was a light grey colour. I painted it various browns and sands to get the desired look.

The wooden/rope bridge is made from balsa wood and model sail boat rope, Once all the rope was added and tied to the balsa foot holds it was then covered in woodglue and then let dry.
Once dry it was painted dark browns and light browns to get the effect you see.

The base were the crocs are is made using fine sand and kitty litter for the larger rocks and the crocs are pieces of balso wood carved and sanded to the desired shape.
It was then painted and woodland scenics Realistic water added for the river.

td1.jpg

td2.jpg

td3.jpg

td4.jpg

td5.jpg

td8.jpg

Ron

Last edited:
Hey Ron, Hows everything going?

This is looking incredible, a really cool concept and great execution as always. The paint jobs on Indy and Mola Ram are perfect.

Looking fantastic, do you think Forced perspective could work on the cliff also, so the rocks would go down in V shape, could ad another dimension to your great work here

Awesome work as always! The TOD wave was the best from Hasbro--shame they cancelled the line.

That's really awesome... especially that you have such a dynamic pose between the two of them! Excellent work :rock

Great job! Love it! That's one great advantage the 3-3/4" guys have over the 1/6 line--less space limitations for environments!

Beautiful! I really like how you framed it. It looks like a very professional display!

I think you did a good job with the pit. Perspective has always been a big headache for me in dios.

Looks great. In an ideal world, you could sculpt smaller rocks as the cliff goes downward, so that the perspective would work even better, but it still looks amazingly good to me. You have some real talent.

unbelievable work bro!!!! very creative - i would have never thought that those figures could be used in such an awesome way.

Back