Medicom Cyclops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'll try and get some pics up later...but first impressions.

His tights are ripped! I hate buying from HK as returning things is cost prohibitive. But it's a small seam rip and I should be able to fix it myself.

Otherwise he's great! The slightly Anime head doesn't bother me near as much as I thought it would. And for execution of the character I can't think of anything they could have done better. It would be cool if his eyes and visor lit up - but I guess that is too much to hope for.

He seems to be a slightly different body type than Wolverine, I'll compare them later. He comes with 3 extra hands and his leather jacket.

This is the standard that DC Direct will have to live up to with their new 13", and from what I've seen so far, they aren't cutting it.

Even though I'm not as much a Marvel fan as DC (and even less X-Men) I see myself getting all of these, especially if Phoenix is one of the next ones. However I'm praying that they go more realistic with the sculpts and stay away from the Anime territory they strayed into with Wolvie.

I got my Cyclops also and am VERY happy. :D

I tried to find something wrong with this figure but the fact is that I couldn't find anything to complain about. Medicom did a fabulous job on this figure.

I really love the "pointing" right hand that is suppossed to mimic Cyclops pushing his button on the side of his visor. Great idea!! :cool:

Did somebody say pictures? :D I hope this works. :confused:

cyclops2.jpg

cyclops3.jpg

cyclops4.jpg

cyclops7.jpg

marvel1.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics. I have to agree Cyclops is pretty perfect. Wolverine had some aspects that could have been done better and Carnage isn't a design that's perfectly suited to 6th scale, but Cyclops got it right.

Darklord Dave said:
Great pics.
After all these years I finally just got a digital camera. :eek: I'm just happy the pictures worked. :p

I have to agree Cyclops is pretty perfect. Wolverine had some aspects that could have been done better and Carnage isn't a design that's perfectly suited to 6th scale, but Cyclops got it right.

Wolverine did have a few flaws. His belt alone was a nightmare. :banghead

Carnage though I thought was pretty much perfect as well. My complaint with him was that the plastic used to make his "tendrills" wasn't the same color as his hands and feet. Outsides that I was very happy with him. You can tell that Medicom designed him off of Mark Bagley's artwork. He looks like he just jumped right out of one of Bagley's books.

A few things I forgot to mention about Cyclops is how well done the jacket is. The tailoring on it great including the small zippers on the sleaves. Also, his visor is removeable.

cyclops5.jpg

Great pictures! Seeing Wolverine there even with his flaws makes me want to pick one up.
But the thing I don't like about Cyclops that I've seen in pictures is his large upper torso. It just looks out of place, wasn't he nicknamed "slim" by Wolverine at one point? I think of the character as tall with a slim build personally.
Venom on the other hand looks perfect with this huge upper torso.

His torso is about the same as the movie Spider-man and is much smaller than Wolverine. That's one thing I love about this line - Medicom is using different pieces for the different parts of the body, rather than just a standardized body as other companies do. Probably part of the reason for the big price tag though.

Darklord Dave said:
His torso is about the same as the movie Spider-man and is much smaller than Wolverine. That's one thing I love about this line - Medicom is using different pieces for the different parts of the body, rather than just a standardized body as other companies do. Probably part of the reason for the big price tag though.

I agree Dave. That's one of the bestthings about this line. Having a Venom and Spider-man with the same body would look horrible. I also like the fact that Wolverine is a tad shorter. Kudos to Medicom!! :clap I really hope this line continues for a long time.

The next X-Men figure I heard was going to be Gambit then Collosuss. It seems Medicom is concentrating on the Jim Lee X-Men.

Cyclops looks good but I ended up not ordering him. I'm actually pretty darned happy overall with Wolverine and I do want to get a comic version Spidey from Medicom. I just decided as much as I like the character this figure wasn't for me. I guess it is the anime like design. It just worked better on Wolvie for me. And honestly I think it's a little less mangaesque than Cyclops is. But I do think it's a very well done figure as almost always in the RAH line.
Bet SSC could have made me happy though.

I think Wolvie is far more mangaesque than Cyclops. Especially his arms and the unmasked head. They could really spoil the line for me by making any females anime like too.

I guess it's the odd proportions and elongated head on Cyclops that seem wrong to me. Wolverines build is cartoony also, but western cartoony I think. I don't really think Wolvie has much of a manga quality at all with the exception possibly of the unmasked head.
Maybe I have the wrong impression though. I've only seen pictures of Cyclops, not looked at one up close and personal. Maybe I'd change my mind.

I know I'm beating this to death, but I'd still like to see an SSC 12" line. And heck, this is the appropriate place to beat that dead horse I reckon'.

Another thing I'm not liking are the faux pouches on Cyclop's belt. for that amount of money I would've expected real pouches and belts.
The next X-Men figure I heard was going to be Gambit then Collosuss. It seems Medicom is concentrating on the Jim Lee X-Men.
Yeah, to bad they don't look like Jim Lee drew them. I would've preferred that style over the anime style. But I think with the exception of the maskless head, the Spidey and Venom figures look like McFarlane art.

Re: Medicom Cyclops - Cool looking sxf, Lit Eyes and Visor

Darklord Dave said:
I'll try and get some pics up later...but first impressions.

His tights are ripped! I hate buying from HK as returning things is cost prohibitive. But it's a small seam rip and I should be able to fix it myself.

Otherwise he's great! The slightly Anime head doesn't bother me near as much as I thought it would. And for execution of the character I can't think of anything they could have done better. It would be cool if his eyes and visor lit up - but I guess that is too much to hope for.

He seems to be a slightly different body type than Wolverine, I'll compare them later. He comes with 3 extra hands and his leather jacket.

This is the standard that DC Direct will have to live up to with their new 13", and from what I've seen so far, they aren't cutting it.

Even though I'm not as much a Marvel fan as DC (and even less X-Men) I see myself getting all of these, especially if Phoenix is one of the next ones. However I'm praying that they go more realistic with the sculpts and stay away from the Anime territory they strayed into with Wolvie.

To: Darklord Dave -

"It would be cool if his eyes and visor lit up - but I guess that is too much to hope for."

May I suggest trying a method that I applied upon my Medicom’s Cyclops was that I applied several layers of “gloss clear coat” both over his eyes as well as on his thin red strip within his visor. Allow drying between applications. The results are illuminating from ambient light sources.

Last edited:
I wish Medicom would do movie versions of the Xmen figures. Im not too into those comic versions at all.

Darklord Dave said:
I think Wolvie is far more mangaesque than Cyclops. Especially his arms and the unmasked head.

I see it as just the opposite!

Cyclops just looks too anime like, it's the odd facial proportions and the elongated head, to me while Wolverine is the better looking of the two figures overall.

:toilet_cl

Back