HT not backing down from The Spirit figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ha! In your face those that thought it would just be battle-damaged Sam and Spirit.

Is this Scarlett or Eva? Is the promised 4th figure also a woman?
thespirit.jpg

I'm a Spirit fan, especially Darwyn Cooke's brilliant but brief run. I'd be interested in Hot Toy's Spirit figure, but not this.

I have no desire to see the movie however.

Oh uh...
I guess this will be the first HT "peg-warmers" ever!!

Huh? I can see the Spirit figure hanging around - but I think Sam and now Scarlett will sell pretty well - not because of the movie, but because of the actors.

I'm pretty sure that is Silken Floss. I can't find the exact picture but its when she is in uniform, here is a facial example:

spirit.jpg

I heard that Sand Saref was planned in the rumor mills but never Silken Floss. I wonder if they'll give us the Samuel L Jackson in Nazi Uniform to go with Silken Floss:

jackson_ss.jpg

I said back when this licenese was announced the only figure I'd buy would be a Scarlett Johansen. Good news, I'd probably change her outfit to disassociate her from this movie.

I'm pretty sure that is Silken Floss. I can't find the exact picture but its when she is in uniform, here is a facial example:

I heard that Sand Saref was planned in the rumor mills but never Silken Floss. I wonder if they'll give us the Samuel L Jackson in Nazi Uniform to go with Silken Floss:

Silken and Sand are the ones that make sense as the other 2 figures. They had the best costumes too.

I think this bodes well for a Silk Spectre II.

(if they're doing Watchmen, that is.)

Hot Toys will have a hard time making these profitable. The film tanked at the box office. Who would spend this much in figures from a film no one have seen? With so many wonderfull licenses from Hot Toys coming out (TDK, IronMan, HellboyII, Predator, Terminator) why even bother with Spirit?

Hot Toys will have a hard time making these profitable. The film tanked at the box office. Who would spend this much in figures from a film no one have seen? With so many wonderfull licenses from Hot Toys coming out (TDK, IronMan, HellboyII, Predator, Terminator) why even bother with Spirit?

They probably just took a gamble thinking that with the success of Sin City and 300 it would drive people to see this terd. Unfortunately it didn't, so I'm sure this one will hurt them a bit. Luckily they've made bank with the other licenses to cancel this loss. I just hope they don't half ass this one because they just want to get it out and over with.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm kitbashing an Eisner/Cooke Spirit figure and Silken Floss or heck even Sand Saref (depending on how they look, and if they use that new wonderful Hot Angel body) would be a great addition. I'll see if it's in my budget. Time for my due diligence.

If movie quality had anything to do with its collectibles quality and popularity, there wouldn't be 7 AvP figures.

I hope Hot Toys does figures from Sin City 2 when the time comes.

it's definately Scarlett, I'll probably buy her if the likeness is good. (no other Spirit figs tho.. lol)

Why the hell didn't they do 300 ?! Why didn't ANYONE do 300 1/6 collector figures? It would be perfect for their muscle figure body . I just watched the movie and the whole time i was thinking Daaammnn!!! I would have bought like 5 Spartans. Its such a simple costume yet so awesome. They could have made the Immortals, the bomb thowers, the giant Ogor guy with the sword, Arcadians, Xerxes. I would bought all of them. And a vehicle could have been that Rhino or the elephant. We should start that petition again.

Last edited:
Back