PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys Joker version 3??

Pages : [1] 2 3

aussieinnyc
01-15-2009, 03:14 AM
Just got the HT newsletter and read this:

"This year's defining moment was when Heath Ledger received a posthumous award as best supporting actor for his brilliant performance in "The Dark Knight". Hot Toys fans are lucky enough to have their The Joker figurines as a best memory of this talented actor. If you are regretting to miss both versions, you may still pray for one more..."

Now, are they saying that you can hope to get one of the ones already released, or are they hinting at a third release? The way it's phrased I would say it sounds like a new figure, but since their English is not always perfect, it's hard to tell.

But....

Nurse Joker?

The Drizzle
01-15-2009, 03:16 AM
Just got the HT newsletter and read this:

"This year's defining moment was when Heath Ledger received a posthumous award as best supporting actor for his brilliant performance in "The Dark Knight". Hot Toys fans are lucky enough to have their The Joker figurines as a best memory of this talented actor. If you are regretting to miss both versions, you may still pray for one more..."

Now, are they saying that you can hope to get one of the ones already released, or are they hinting at a third release? The way it's phrased I would say it sounds like a new figure, but since their English is not always perfect, it's hard to tell.

But....

Nurse Joker?

I just got the letter too... I wonder? Police disguise version would be another possibility.

Dally
01-15-2009, 03:16 AM
I just got the email and came on here to post the exact same thing. I don't know. Either poor English, or we get another Joker!

nicky
01-15-2009, 03:18 AM
Yeah, I read it as a 3rd 1/6 version too. Nurse Joker has some decent screen time but really I dont see the appeal of a Joker dressed in drag.

It's basically a butch Barbie doll with a Joker sculpt. Just raid your kid sister's Barbie collection and replace your existing Joker clothes with the barbie nurse's and presto: custom nurse Joker! The Nurse Joker thread here already shows it can easily be done.

The Tuggernaut
01-15-2009, 03:18 AM
Interesting.... wouldn't mind it if they came out with another one.

CommanderDude
01-15-2009, 03:19 AM
or could it be just the V1 version with the head of Bank Robber Joker?

But i guess this will be the nurse or police cop disguise joker ...

PRIME
01-15-2009, 03:21 AM
hopefuly its a nurse hot toys cuz im bored i just made a cop joker out of t-1000 body
http://i41.tinypic.com/2i0f67k.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2afhp1e.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/243jp74.jpg

Grange Wallis
01-15-2009, 03:24 AM
Cop Joker & Nurse two in one... If not Cop Joker!

casper
01-15-2009, 03:25 AM
i hope they make improvements for the suit, much like ha-rue quality suits (whatever version they're gonna make) :angelsmil
oh, and a modified truetype body (i still don't like the broad shoulder of the truetype, perhaps using the slim version? i dunno)

The Drizzle
01-15-2009, 04:09 AM
I just wish they'd do Gordon (especially in the riot gear, HT is so good with that kind of stuff) before we see another Joker (though I'd probably buy both).

Deckard
01-15-2009, 04:30 AM
Maybe an Arkham Joker? I know we never see it but it's possble?

Police makes sense, it'd be the most differant if you think about it, only scene where he didn't wear any makeup..

ffejeromdiks
01-15-2009, 04:34 AM
I really doubt it's the cop Joker, It's most definitely Nurse Joker.

RJMacReady16
01-15-2009, 04:59 AM
Has HT ever taken a line past 5 figures? (besides of course, the Predator/Alien line?)

I honestly hate to hear it. It ^^^^s that Joker's possibly getting another figure when we still don't have a Gordon, Scarecrow, Ras. I would even buy an Alfred & Lucius Fox.

Deckard
01-15-2009, 05:10 AM
I agree, I'd much rather have a Ras, Scarecrow, Gordon, or even a League of Shadows ninja from the Narrows.

lerath666
01-15-2009, 05:10 AM
Nurse joker'd be a pass. too easy to custom it. It's likely gonna be a re-release of the first versio with the second versions' extra headsculpt. Likely with some more accesories.

Reinhardt
01-15-2009, 05:16 AM
Nurse joker'd be a pass. too easy to custom it. It's likely gonna be a re-release of the first versio with the second versions' extra headsculpt. Likely with some more accesories.

they will piss off a lot of people who have invested so much money into Hot Toys if they do that (me included).

PsychoCenobite
01-15-2009, 05:20 AM
Maybe they will do another 1/4 scale Joker bust but with a better likness?

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Shropt
01-15-2009, 05:20 AM
they will piss off a lot of people who have invested so much money into Hot Toys if they do that (me included).

Hot Toys is about making money, not limited collectibles.

It wouldn't be the first time they've done this. Heck, it wouldn't be the 5th time. :D

The Ringer
01-15-2009, 05:21 AM
I belive this is probably just the speculated re-release of v1 that is coming around March.

pamorn
01-15-2009, 05:25 AM
Hmmm, waht hype it causes!! They must love it! I think its to be a nurse joker/cop joker with two different headsculpts and costumes!

Shropt
01-15-2009, 05:26 AM
If they rerelease V1 Joker with V2 headsculpt and a new base then I am on board. I've stopped myself this long from buying a Joker but that would be too much.

vodoun
01-15-2009, 05:29 AM
They wont do that.

The Ringer
01-15-2009, 05:31 AM
You never know with HT.:lol

That may anger those who bought both jokers but HT will still be making profits.:D

nicky
01-15-2009, 05:55 AM
If they were all about making money surely they would have re-released more of their figs by now instead of losing out to eBay sellers who list them at ridiculous prices?

aussieinnyc
01-15-2009, 06:15 AM
With HT releasing v1 and v2 in the US and Europe, I actually don't know that these two figures will be exceptionally hard to get once HT and DC Direct work out the production/distribution problems (anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong), so I don't know just how huge the market would be for a v1 costume with v2 sculpt. Most of those that want that combination have already bought, or have on order, one or both of them.

A reissue of the v1 seems to make the most sense, but I can't see them doing so with a head they themselves have publicly declared not good enough, but I also can't see them putting the new sculpt on the v1 costume. This would REALLY make people unhappy, since I would bet almost half the v1 owners bought v2 to upgrade the sculpt, and it would be far too great of an insult to their customers. They're not renowned for awesome customer service (I think they reissued a Predator with better, or more complete accessories not long after the first issue was sold?) but to do that would be going too far even for them.

If they are, in fact, going to release a third Joker figure, I think they would have larger potential sales in a third incarnation (probably the nurse variant, although the cop version might be a possibility) than a v1/v2 hybrid anyway. But then, I also can't see another Joker variant selling in large enough numbers to make it financially viable - I would think that people might be coming close to being all Jokered-out.

All this is my way of saying, ^^^^ed if I know what HT means in their newsletter!

wookster
01-15-2009, 06:30 AM
I'm gonna guess a two in one of the classic outfit (with grenades for inside his coat) with the nurse outfit and two heads... perhaps a 'tongue flick' head?

But if it's the cop I'll be just as happy!
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc275/thehousenextdoor/2008/The%20Dark%20Knight%20Uhlich/heath-ledger-joker-02.jpg

aussieinnyc
01-15-2009, 06:38 AM
I'm gonna guess a two in one of the classic outfit (with grenades for inside his coat) with the nurse outfit and two heads... perhaps a 'tongue flick' head?

But if it's the cop I'll be just as happy!

"Guess"? What good are your guesses?! You're our "go to" guy for HT pics and news. So, umm, "go to" and get some solid info! :naughty :D

Darkseed
01-15-2009, 06:48 AM
Assuming a new fig is coming, I'm hoping for a smiling sculpt.

I'd antcipate a police joker being a re-paint of the BRJ with slick back hair and policy uniform. A nurse joker could have a few faces under the mask and wig. I dunno tho.

wookster
01-15-2009, 06:49 AM
"Guess"? What good are your guesses?! You're our "go to" guy for HT pics and news. So, umm, "go to" and get some solid info! :naughty :D

I wish, I did ask if we'd see a 'nurse' figure a while back, or if there were to be any more TDK figs after the Dent announcement and there were no plans for any more back then, but I guess things change.
I have a feeling this will be 'the' one to have, a bit like the Superman 2 in 1. It's gonna make a lot of people happy and angry in equal measures me thinks.

KingGrayskull
01-15-2009, 06:53 AM

:lol:rotfl:lol

My guess:

V1 Joker with V2 head painted in a different way to make it interesting to the guys who already puchased V1 and V2. Maybe even the attire will be a bit changed in color or even reduced to his "prison outfit" which would be a very good alternative for everybody. Accessoires: machine gun, cards, money, knife mabe a bazooka but not very likely. No bombs or mask to keep the BR attractive. Again, just my two cents but I would do it that way and would be happy with it that way. :)

lforigno
01-15-2009, 06:57 AM
what do you think a time frame may be until we actually find out something?????

Rock83
01-15-2009, 07:06 AM
yeah it will be a third Joker,Cop Version unless they choose to go with another face expression which means the Nurse,big smiling Joker will be my guess.

aussieinnyc
01-15-2009, 07:06 AM
I wish, I did ask if we'd see a 'nurse' figure a while back, or if there were to be any more TDK figs after the Dent announcement and there were no plans for any more back then, but I guess things change.
I have a feeling this will be 'the' one to have, a bit like the Superman 2 in 1. It's gonna make a lot of people happy and angry in equal measures me thinks.

Pfft. That just sounds like laziness to me :horror

I've got to say I'd definitely be in the angry camp, although (once the v2 actually gets here and I can see it in person) I'm not sure how they can do much better on the head sculpt. Improved tailoring of the iconic outfit maybe, but I'm not going to drop another US$170 just for a better fitting coat (however much I might want it). Nope, until Scarecrow (definitely) and possibly Alfred, Gordon and/or Lucius make an entrance, HT have got all the money they will get from me in the Batman line with 3 1/2 characters (original Bats, Two-Face and the v1/v2 Joker mix - most of BR Joker will be left in the box, canibalised for its body and/or sold on eBay). And fortunately or unfortunately I don't see any of those other characters coming.

blakus939
01-15-2009, 07:10 AM
haha i just came here to make this thread, and its already on 4 pages.

I SOOOOOOO HOPE we get another one! And please, a smiling sculpt. I even emailed them months ago about wanting one. Maybe many more did the same thing? Nurse Joker - sounds cool in theory, but with all the joints showing, looks quite dodgy. Cop Joker - again, sounds good in theory, but i honestly, wouldnt buy one, its just not 'joker' enough, and i really wouldnt be interested in owning one.

What we NEED, imho, and if they made, i would literally just hand over my cash in an instant LOL =
Regular joker outfit figure, with a more suedey-er looking jacket, fixed up shirt collar, SMILING/GRINNING/YELLOW TEETH SHOWING sculpt, with that classic Heath smile, a pencil accessory, a broken pool cue, and an extra jacket with grenades attached/stringline with ring.
save for also maybe a shotgun, but the other stuff would be plenty.
I'd be in, in a second if they made one. I sooooo badly want an open lipped smiling sculpt, and what better time to remake one, now Heath is raking in the awards, would be a great tribute piece.

aussieinnyc
01-15-2009, 07:25 AM
They could include a 1/6 Golden Globe and a 1/6 Oscar. Then have to pull the figure and all images for a few months when they realise they haven't obtained the rights from Hollywood Foreign Press Association or the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

As someone else mentioned, the interrogation scene version could be a possibility - after all, the reissue of Jack Sparrow was basically the same outfit, just without the coat.

I think you guys are right and we'll see an "ultimate" classic Joker (grinning sculpt probably too). I just hate the idea since I have spent so much on the two previous ones and simply can't justify yet another version to myself, let alone my bank manager!

Probably a stupid question, and not something that I really think they'd pursue, but would there be any possibility that they'd choose to make it a real "tribute" piece as blakus suggested and include an out-of-character Heath Ledger sculpt?

blakus939
01-15-2009, 07:31 AM
i thought that myself actually, i don't think they would to be honest, it just wouldnt follow with the 'batman' line. With a smiling sculpt, it would still be showing Heaths true happy spirit and attitude, while also looking phsycotic in joker makeup, so its kind of killing two birds with one head sculpt, if you get what i mean :p Never say never though, we didnt even have a clue bank robber joker would be coming, and then out of the blue he blows everything out of the water, AND with two sculpts, included. I just really want to see them absolutely nail it though, with the bank robber head on the V1 setup, its about 85/90 percent there, its soooo close, but i want one that is just totally iconic, that i just go YESSSSS, that.......THAT is perfect. It's really their only chance, obviously we wont be seeing another Heath Joker on screen, so if they dont strike now, its gone forever. They aint gunna back track later on. Obviously there are other manufacturers and customisers out there, but nothing compares to HT IMHO

galactiboy
01-15-2009, 07:36 AM
I wondered about this as well when I saw the newsletter... wounds likely that we'll see something else from them.

Although I'd personally rather see a new character than a 3rd Joker fig.

The Monster
01-15-2009, 07:50 AM
I wondered about this as well when I saw the newsletter... wounds likely that we'll see something else from them.

Hot Toys Newsletter?:confused: Is There a Hot Toys Fourm?:confused:

CristiMAN
01-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Nurse Joker. Cop Joker doesn't really appeal to me. A few seconds of screen time dont justify the purshase. The wise thing would be a V1 Joker with V2 head. It would be a rip off to loyal buyers. But it would make sense to anyone still looking to buy a Joker. I would feel cheated as I bought the two but in the end I cant really be that annoyed. I do have two joker figures that are amazing. We will have to wait to see.

Voorhees27
01-15-2009, 08:09 AM
It WILL be Nurse Joker but I think it wil both come with plenty of accessories and two sculpts:

http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/3/1/15/f_jokernursem_f48fdc4.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/3/1/15/f_jokernursem_f48fdc4.jpg&srv=img37)http://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/3/1/15/f_2727206264bm_bb7b609.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/3/1/15/f_2727206264bm_bb7b609.jpg&srv=img32)

There is no point in making us a Cop Joker, you saw his face in that scene for like half a second. There is no other possibiliy, it will be a loaded Nurse Joker. Also keep in mind it was both one of the most entertaining and funny parts of the movie.

MaulFan
01-15-2009, 08:16 AM

Yup, Bruce Wayne, Gordon or Alfred would be nice to have instead of more of the same.

That said, I support the idea of the cop or nurse Joker, but given their wording, I wonder really if that's what we'd get.

They say if you missed out on the first two. If you miss the first two, how many people really want nurse or cop Joker as their sole Joker figure in their collection.

Having said that, if this truly is hint of a 3rd unique figure, my hope and fear is that it's an update on the v1, that or something along the lines of Cannibal Jack. V1 is nice, but I would love to see a more accurrate trenchcoat and proper purples plus he could come with the shotgun and rpg. Another possibility is they re-release the v1 like Cannibal Jack, a new figure with a more stripped version of the costume, basically a prison Joker, no sport coat or trenchcoat, just the vest pants and shirt, 1 to 2 new heads, and a few weapon goodies that were used in the movie but not made yet like the shotgun.

Voorhees27
01-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Yup, Bruce Wayne, Gordon or Alfred would be nice to have instead of more of the same.

That said, I support the idea of the cop or nurse Joker, but given their wording, I wonder really if that's what we'd get.

They say if you missed out on the first two. If you miss the first two, how many people really want nurse or cop Joker as their sole Joker figure in their collection.

Having said that, if this truly is hint of a 3rd unique figure, my hope and fear is that it's an update on the v1, that or something along the lines of Cannibal Jack. V1 is nice, but I would love to see a more accurrate trenchcoat and proper purples plus he could come with the shotgun and rpg. Another possibility is they re-release the v1 like Cannibal Jack, a new figure with a more stripped version of the costume, basically a prison Joker, no sport coat or trenchcoat, just the vest pants and shirt, 1 to 2 new heads, and a few weapon goodies that were used in the movie but not made yet like the shotgun.

They said the exact same thing when they released the BR Joker. "If you missed out" So it will be a unique version of Joker, I mean how fair is it to keep re-releasing better stuff of the same thing after we've already forked out top $$$?

noisetrigger
01-15-2009, 08:23 AM
HT will never do another V1 Joker with better tailoring. For a mass produced figure, the current V1 Joker tailoring is as good as it gets despite the slight inaccuracies.

There is a reason why Harue charges like 500USD for his custom work and why we are paying 120 USD for a HT mass produced Joker instead.

Despite many people here claiming they will pay for it, I seriously doubt THAT many people will actually pay more than 200USD for a Joker with Harue quality suit. With some HT reaching 140USD we are already screaming bloody murder. Maybe indeed 20 people here will but what about the rest of the world?

HT is all about profit so it will make no sense to actually re release a V1 Joker with better tailoring even bundled with a better headsculpt. It will be lucky that a re released improved V1 Joker will sell half as well as the V1 joker.

The reality is that the 12 inch market is really a small niche market. Hardly a mass following. Sure the TDK line introduced a lot of people to the hobby but surely those hardcore enough to buy every single figure from every single line is less than 10%.

I sooner rather get a different figure (with so many fantastic lines (Terminator, Godfather, possible Watchmen) coming this year) than another Joker honestly.

The TDK hype is dying and HT is really milking this line to the bone. They should know where to stop and the five they have now is perfect. Yes, I know some of you guys want Gordon and Lucious but judging from the response on TF, the sales will be even worse. TF as of now is the worst selling of the TDK line.

My guess is a Nurse Joker honestly. I put my money on that one. Tommy Richardson (the guy that took all those cool milk magazine pics of HT figures) hinted it before on his blog.

He hinted TF also a few months before HT actually made an official announcement.

HT knows about the backlash they got from releasing an improved figure a few months later (Cleaner kit, BD Predator 2) and it will be unlikely that they will attempt something so stupid again.

Case in point, Cleaner kit Wolf. You can buy this anyday anywhere at retail. The first wolf on the other hand sold out everywhere and actually considered the rarer of the bunch.

These days unless it's a drastically different figure, most wouldn't bother with it.

MaulFan
01-15-2009, 08:25 AM
They said the exact same thing when they released the BR Joker. "If you missed out" So it will be a unique version of Joker, I mean how fair is it to keep re-releasing better stuff of the same thing after we've already forked out top $$$?

Well, for that reason and timing, I lean towards the idea of a bettered v1 not being likely, but a stripped down version of it like they did with Cannibal Jack, who was same as the first Jack just minus some things and plus a few new ones, is a strong possibility. I'm all for unique new ones like cop or nurse, I'd like those really well done, but knowing HT, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a stripped down v1 with new heads and a few new accessories.

Darth Waller
01-15-2009, 08:29 AM
I guess I'd better hold off on purchasing V1 if this turns out to be a re-release.

EVILFACE
01-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Would much rather have Gordan than yet another Joker.

Voorhees27
01-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Well, for that reason and timing, I lean towards the idea of a bettered v1 not being likely, but a stripped down version of it like they did with Cannibal Jack, who was same as the first Jack just minus some things and plus a few new ones, is a strong possibility. I'm all for unique new ones like cop or nurse, I'd like those really well done, but knowing HT, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a stripped down v1 with new heads and a few new accessories.

I guess I'd better hold off on purchasing V1 if this turns out to be a re-release.

"IF" there were the possibility of a Re-release its already happenned with the BR Joker. The V1's body and attire was near perfect and then you get the BR sculpt and your done. IMO I have the PERFECT V1 already, it doesn't get any better than that.

So Sean I would rule out a "Cannibal Jack" idea imo it won't happen.

blakus939
01-15-2009, 08:35 AM
I actually forgot about the bazooka, yep, they could throw that in there too. I still to this day, dont know why the didnt put a pencil in with the first one? It's so iconic to this movie!
I wouldnt be ruling out ANYTHING though, really who knows what on earth they'll do, the balls' in their court

KingGrayskull
01-15-2009, 08:35 AM

Which would be absolutly fine with me. :)

MaulFan
01-15-2009, 08:39 AM
If this story is a new figure and not like an extra production run, it'd make me very happy with my TDK Joker lineup if one of the heads captured this emotion and had straight eyes.

http://www.heathledgerjoker.co.uk/joker-high-resolution-dark-knight-snapshot20080504105737.jpg

BR head is a great likeness, but not the best emotion to sum up Ledger Joker and I hate the posed eyes. This portrait would sum him up best for me and if they didn't limit it with posed eyes I'd be ecstatic.

MaulFan
01-15-2009, 08:41 AM
So Sean I would rule out a "Cannibal Jack" idea imo it won't happen.

You can never rule anything out with HT, which is good and bad. Good when you'd rule out a complex figure and they pull it off, bad when you rule out notions that would ^^^^ the collectors because they go there sometimes.

galactiboy
01-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Hot Toys Newsletter?:confused: Is There a Hot Toys Fourm?:confused:

Haven't we had this discussion before Nick? The Hot Toys website produced a newsletter and usually it arrives mid-month. Just sign up and you'll get notifications. Or just check the forum as 30 seconds after the newsletter is sent out there are usually new threads discussing each point :lol

noisetrigger
01-15-2009, 08:45 AM

You should get the V1 while you still can. I will tell you now that HT will not re release a better V1 because they are already re-issuing the V1 Joker in March (the exact same thing including the now inferior headsculpt).

Doesn't make sense to reissue the V1 and then re releasing a better V1 a few months down the line.

blakus939
01-15-2009, 08:50 AM
just give me this head, and no one gets hurt :p
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n208/blakus939/2697962341_378f53894a.jpg

Darkseed
01-15-2009, 08:55 AM
I don't subscribe to the newsletter and am a recent buyer of HT products....so I'm not fimilar with their practices as some.

Isn't HT releasing V1 Joker this month and V2 BRJ in June to DC Direct? Could the newsletter be letting people know there is still a chance to purchase one of those figures thru DC Direct?

MaulFan
01-15-2009, 09:01 AM
This figure will be one to think about possibly, depending on the outfit. If it's nurse and the heads aren't anything I'm really into, I'll probably pass, I like the concept but I'll use the so-so custom outfit on eBay for cheaper instead of $150 on a figure where the costume is all I care about.

Voorhees27
01-15-2009, 09:01 AM
I don't subscribe to the newsletter and am a recent buyer of HT products....so I'm not fimilar with their practices as some.

Isn't HT releasing V1 Joker this month and V2 BRJ in June to DC Direct? Could the newsletter be letting people know there is still a chance to purchase one of those figures thru DC Direct?

No. Its the way they worded it:

"If you are regretting to miss both versions, you may still pray for one more... "

One more, not a chance of both version again.

Voorhees27
01-15-2009, 09:02 AM
This figure will be one to think about possibly, depending on the outfit. If it's nurse and the heads aren't anything I'm really into, I'll probably pass, I like the concept but I'll use the so-so custom outfit on eBay for cheaper instead of $150 on a figure where the costume is all I care about.

Thats why I think they will give us 2 awesome sculpts and possibly an extra outfit? Loaded? Just a guess at this point of course.

MaulFan
01-15-2009, 09:04 AM
What would be great, but pricey, is nurse and cop in 1 package kinda like Two-Face. Call it Joker in disguise figure and have it include both of his disguises.

Voorhees27
01-15-2009, 09:11 AM
What would be great, but pricey, is nurse and cop in 1 package kinda like Two-Face. Call it Joker in disguise figure and have it include both of his disguises.

Thats what I was thinking too, especially considering they really "shouldn't" make another Joker. If HT's wants to imo it has to be LOADED!

galactiboy
01-15-2009, 09:14 AM

I think that's possible as well... when you have poorly worded statements its all up to interpretation.

blakus939
01-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Yeah, they may even just man 'you better pray, cause we sure as hell arent making any more' :p

Darkseed
01-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Thats what I was thinking too, especially considering they really "shouldn't" make another Joker. If HT's wants to imo it has to be LOADED!

The potential for two 2 more jokers?

The head sculpt for nurse joker would be different than the head sculpt for police joker. "IF" two different sculpts, with two different outfits; kitbash and whammo 2 more jokers. :horror

Jack Ups
01-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Ugh im not sure im so thrilled about the idea of a 3rd brand new version, if it is the v2 head on v1 then ill get it even though i have BNJ since i still need the v1 suit, but i would prefer them meanign another chance with DCD cause i like to have the whole collection and money is tight and i need to get 2 mroe maybe begins batman

MaulFan
01-15-2009, 09:51 AM

At this point, it almost feels like HT really enjoys the Joker sculpting and painting and of course the money the figures bring in and are just looking for a way to touch upon more. This would potentially be 2 new sculpts for Yulli (though I'd like to see the person who did Godfather take a stab, that head is great) and a few new make up schemes for JC to tackle.

Memnoch
01-15-2009, 09:57 AM
I say do one LAST wave, a 2 in 1 Disguise Joker, a Gordon and a Sonar Batman and be DONE. Those are the last three figures I really really want to see and would happily call the line complete on.

Voorhees27
01-15-2009, 10:05 AM
At this point, it almost feels like HT really enjoys the Joker sculpting and painting and of course the money the figures bring in and are just looking for a way to touch upon more. This would potentially be 2 new sculpts for Yulli (though I'd like to see the person who did Godfather take a stab, that head is great) and a few new make up schemes for JC to tackle.

Its hard to fathom the thought that a company can keep improving with every new product they release but it just IS the case with Hot Toys. Don Vito is by far easily the BEST 1/6 sculpt ever made imo. WOW!

I mentioned a while back that I believe Hot Toys and Enterbay will go neck to neck and after seeing the Godfather it looks to be VERY true.

MaulFan
01-15-2009, 10:08 AM
If Hot Toys can just adopt the poseable eye concept, their heads would be amazing.

noisetrigger
01-15-2009, 10:21 AM
Not sure if it was part and parcel of the system or not but so far the 360 eye system that enterbay is using comes with a sacrifice on realism on the headsculpt. All of Enterbay BL comes with really large comical eyes and large iris.

It's like they have to enlarge the eye lids to accommodate the system.

On the other hand, those 24 figures that won't be coming with the eye system have eyes that look perfectly natural.

noisetrigger
01-15-2009, 10:22 AM
In addition to that, for the system to work the hair need to be removable and it looks like Bruce Lee is wearing a wig. Can't really have realistic looking hairline while making the system work at the same time.

siquisiri
01-15-2009, 10:28 AM
whatever version they produce, it sure as hell wont stand up to Don Vito (Godfather music in the background..................)

scubasteve
01-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Awesome. I will take two or three more with more headsculpts please! :D

G'c
01-15-2009, 10:35 AM
You should get the V1 while you still can. I will tell you now that HT will not re release a better V1 because they are already re-issuing the V1 Joker in March (the exact same thing including the now inferior headsculpt).

Doesn't make sense to reissue the V1 and then re releasing a better V1 a few months down the line.

Where did u get this from? Is this just a rumour?

Wor-Gar
01-15-2009, 10:49 AM
This is strange news, since only a couple months ago they announced officially that the line was complete.

HT is really going to milk this for its cash potential.

It's very possible that they're gonna do a proper 'purple suit' Joker with the correct headsculpt, possibly a new headsculpt on the old clothing.

Perhaps the much-wanted Interrogation Joker, based on the Smirking head but with added full hair, with most of the Joker's proper outfit, sans coat.

Watch, they'll reissue the same Joker outfit only this time put in the correct orange inside the coat! Damn -- another upgrade we'll all need for $150.

If they make V1 obsolete, I'm gonna be really pissed.

Scar
01-15-2009, 10:51 AM
The big money is on Nurse Joker. The police disguise is cool, but being that it had less than half of a minute in screen time and isn't quite as iconic as the alternative, you can bet on Nurse Joker. Nurse Joker was just so ludicrously over-the-top, and oddly so overwhelmingly popular that I imagine it's something of a given what the v3 will be. This was what the Joker looked like when he convinced Harvey to turn the corner and become Two-Face. Plus, think in terms of accessories. We have the potential for two head sculpts, the silenced pistol, clipboard, the handgun he gives Harvey, and the Nurse's sanitary face mask. With the cop disguise, other than the hat and the rifle, I can't really think of any mind-blowing accessories. I know many would argue IM is the best 1/6 line of the year, but this, in my opinion, is their true home run. I'm thrilled that we will see another TDK figure, since many of us had fears the line had been capped. With IM, the original Pred movie line, and TDK, I'd say HT is at the forefront of the 1/6 business. There was a time when it was SS, and when HT didn't even seem to be in the running for second place, but now... things have most definitely changed. For the better.

MaulFan
01-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Interesting bit of movie magic I just realized. Is Two-Face's gun Harvey's and you're just supposed to ignore how Joker gets it or does Joker happen to have a gun on his person. Dent was under arrest and escorted off with Wuertz, he never had time to reclaim his pistol so it wasn't with his things at the hospital, but how or why would Joker have his pistol, go to his house just to get a gun. I think it's a movie thing you're not supposed to think about. That said, Two-Face has the gone, I don't see a nurse Joker including it.

Cap'n Cook
01-15-2009, 10:58 AM
What we NEED, imho, and if they made, i would literally just hand over my cash in an instant LOL =
Regular joker outfit figure, with a more suedey-er looking jacket, fixed up shirt collar, SMILING/GRINNING/YELLOW TEETH SHOWING sculpt, with that classic Heath smile, a pencil accessory, a broken pool cue, and an extra jacket with grenades attached/stringline with ring.
save for also maybe a shotgun, but the other stuff would be plenty.
I'd be in, in a second if they made one. I sooooo badly want an open lipped smiling sculpt, and what better time to remake one, now Heath is raking in the awards, would be a great tribute piece.
This would be the ultimate, but I don't see it happening.

Police Joker FTW, even though it is more likely the Nurse, I loathe exposed joints on figures.

Either way, count me in.

Interesting bit of movie magic I just realized. Is Two-Face's gun Harvey's and you're just supposed to ignore how Joker gets it or does Joker happen to have a gun on his person. Dent was under arrest and escorted off with Wuertz, he never had time to reclaim his pistol so it wasn't with his things at the hospital, but how or why would Joker have his pistol, go to his house just to get a gun. I think it's a movie thing you're not supposed to think about. That said, Two-Face has the gone, I don't see a nurse Joker including it.
Pretty sure it is just another pistol the Joker brings.

KBA
01-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Very interesting. Right now I'm betting on MaulFans theory of a stripped down V1 Joker along the lines of cannibal jack. Makes the most sense. Give us another 2 unique sculpts, ungloved hands with white paint smothered on them and long finger nails, the shotgun, rocket launcher and you're set.

If they make an 'ultimate' V1, I wouldn't be against it though. I already own the first figure, and there is room for improvement in the purple jacket. I'd buy it parted out on ebay, slap Les' custom head on it and call it perfect.

scubasteve
01-15-2009, 11:02 AM
He's the Joker. He can make the weapon appear out of thin air if he feels inclined.

BXCOLLECTOR
01-15-2009, 11:10 AM
would be cool if they make the "interrogation scene" joker with his face paint all ^^^^ed up :rock

The Mike
01-15-2009, 11:26 AM
I really getting a 2 in 1 version vibe. I think we'll get the classic Joker v1 clothing with a different headsculpting, most likely a smile and then the inclusion for fans to buy who already have v1 and BRJ will be the Nurse or Cop Uniform and additional HS. If its the Cop i'll be the HS without paint and hat (my hope) if its Nurse it'll probably be the look with the wig already attached to the head (which would ^^^^ since I just paid to kitbash one not too long ago)

cerealkeller
01-15-2009, 11:26 AM
If it comes with two more headsculpts it will be worth it, whatever costume they decide on. PLEASE HT OPEN MOUTH LAUGHING VERSION like the first home movie he made with Brian Douglas. That laugh at the end of the video still gives me the chills. I want a head that captures that face. I personally think it will be a 2-in-1 version, cop and nurse. That's my hope anyway.

The Mike
01-15-2009, 11:27 AM
I doubt they'll do Cop and Nurse 2 in 1 and not give a traditional look but if they did it could be The Joker: Disguise Version. :lol

noisetrigger
01-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Where did u get this from? Is this just a rumour?
It's common knowledge that there will be a third run of V1 joker this march. HT dealers all over the world have been taking pre-orders since last year.

I am a super regular at the local HT dealer (averaging two figures per month from them). I get all the insider news firsthand from the owner.

scubasteve
01-15-2009, 11:44 AM
I am a super regular at the local HT dealer (averaging two figures per month from them). I get all the insider news firsthand from the owner.

Ok. Good.

Pass this on to him: Tell him there's a fly in the ointment, ^^^^'s hittin the fan, the lion will speak!

mr.thrifty
01-15-2009, 12:00 PM
cop/nurse 2-N-1. got the two scilpts that came with BRJ. slicked head with NO face paint. (easy do) other head but put a smile on it. (easy also). they both have minimal accesories but together would make a nice package. :D

rw23
01-15-2009, 12:10 PM
If HT's does a "Interrogation" Joker it better come with a bench! And if they do a "Nurse" Joker he better have the skin (like Abe Sapien) covering his joints.

noisetrigger
01-15-2009, 12:10 PM
This is going to be a long one cause I will break it down point by point as to why we will never see an improved V1, or a 2 in 1, or a stripped down Joker.

Main reason being HT will be reissuing a third run of V1 Joker this March. Will not make sense for them to release an improved V1 Joker a few months down the line. It will be stupid business decision cause this will alienate a lot of collectors and the 12 inch business relies on regulars. This is the type of hobby that only a few can afford and you will want to keep whatever customers you have happy.

The HT suit is as good as it gets for a mass produced figure. Those minor changes wished here (slight colour change, minor tailoring and pattern change) are not a strong enough incentive for HT to risked releasing a figure that will definitely sell way less. It will be lucky if it sells even half the amount of V1 Joker.

Also, HT has never actually released an 'improved' figure per say for the same line. Predators got more accessories and battle damaged but it is still essentially the same sculpt and as evident from the Predator threads here, still full of inaccuracies.

I also do not forsee a 2 in 1. The only 2 in 1 ever done was Superman and that was a few years ago. It was a time where HT was still experimenting with the market, testing the waters. With the rapidly rising costs of figures no one will pay for a 2 in 1 these days. I think 2 in 1 supes back then costs only slightly more than a standard HT figure and that was a few years ago. Today, it will probably be about the price of a Batpod.

HT knows that customers are tightening their belts and are getting choosy about what they spend on. It's evident with TF. HT could have easily included a burnt white shirt along with the figure since they included another jacket but they didn't to lower the cost. This was actually the reason giving by HT as to why they didn't include the burned white shirt also.

Enterbay FOF Bruce Lee was a two in one. One body, two headsculpt, two set of clothes and despite an edition size of 5000 it ain't exactly flying of the shelves. You can still order one direct from Enterbay. I can still walk into a store and buy one any day.

Many collectors I spoke with would have gladly pay for a cheaper BL with only one headsculpt and one set of costume. But being forced to buy a 2 in 1 set, many felt that it wasn't worth it (me included and I am a BL fanatic).

The stripped down joker wouldn't work either. The Cannibal Jack Sparrow was a poor example because he was release without a coat and hat because Cannibal Jack didn't have the coat and hat with him in that scene. Hence he didn't come with one.

Cannibal Jack was never about selling a simplified Jack Sparrow. He could have been wearing a totally different costume for that scene and HT would have then released him with a totally different costume.

The main selling point is really the whole cannibal Jack look and it was a really funny and memorable scene. The extra smiling face is really HT way of giving a better headsculpt for those who bought the AWE Jack. If you don't have an AWE Jack, well, you have a bonus headsculpt to play with. They did the same thing with BR Joker. If you have a V1 Joker, great, now you have the ULTIMATE Joker. If you don't you still have a great figure with an extra head to play with.

All signs actually point to nurse Joker. It was a memorable scene with a really interesting look (wig) and accessories (the board, detonator, "I believe in HD Sticker"), and costume (nurse, sneakers). The situation is very similar to the Cannibal Jack Sparrow in fact.

A really unique look from a very memorable scene. This one has a higher chance of selling more than a slightly improved V1 Joker.

noisetrigger
01-15-2009, 12:18 PM
If HT's does a "Interrogation" Joker it better come with a bench! And if they do a "Nurse" Joker he better have the skin (like Abe Sapien) covering his joints.
I can actually see HT doing a new rubber thinner body. They have a few rubber bodies coming out this year (Dutch, Billy, Hellboy, Abe Sapien) so one can say that HT is really looking into developing more rubber body sizes to accommodate different lines.

azurepred
01-15-2009, 12:29 PM

thats what i would like to see, the first 2 dont interest me at all cause really, they dont look like heath at all. so give me a head sculpt that looks like heath and DONT sculpt the hair, then i will be solid :D

dozogovi
01-15-2009, 01:04 PM
this is my prediction a new version of v1 joker with a proper head and a version of the smirking head with long hair perfect for the "good evening commissioner" scene.They will finally be able to get that last bit of money from those guys who couldn't justify paying twice for one figure.

darthviper107
01-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Maybe they'll do a different format, (hoping for a PF-like version of the Joker)

ffejeromdiks
01-15-2009, 01:14 PM
It wont happen, but I would KILL for a Ra's Al Ghul, most wanted figure from the Batman line by far.
I liked him more than TDK Joker and Two Face ;o

dozogovi
01-15-2009, 01:18 PM
I just remembered in the one thread about getting a custom joker outfit someone said harue was going to be doing some joker work in the future. maybe this is it.

Scar
01-15-2009, 01:25 PM

I wouldn't be surprised for the gun to be included. We have two sets of the Joker cards from the v1 and the BR versions. It's iconic enough that it could be there, but that since it's already with the Two-Face figure it's not essential. And yes, I believe the gun is indeed Harvey's and the Joker returns it to him in the hospital. The Joker was kept in a holding cell at MCU the same as Harvey, where I would wager his pistol was taken from him and placed with other items taken from prisoners, labeled with the identification tag indicating the item(s) and the prisoner from whom they were taken. Since Dent wouldn't have had the opportunity to retrieve his gun, I would imagine the Joker took his knives back and found Harvey's gun... which played perfectly into his agenda (another reason why it will be Nurse Joker, considering it's integral to the Joker's grand plan that he convince Harvey he isn't "a guy with a plan" only to point him against the mob and again gradually kill off those who have outlived their usefulness).

It wont happen, but I would KILL for a Ra's Al Ghul, most wanted figure from the Batman line by far.
I liked him more than TDK Joker and Two Face ;o

I don't see it happening, but I would love a Ra's figure as well.

MaulFan
01-15-2009, 01:26 PM
this is my prediction a new version of v1 joker with a proper head and a version of the smirking head with long hair perfect for the "good evening commissioner" scene.They will finally be able to get that last bit of money from those guys who couldn't justify paying twice for one figure.

But they'll miss on those who already bought the two. They'll want maximum customer base. Only way a v1 rehash would do that is if there's 2 new heads, new accessories, proper-shaded gloves and a more properly shaded and styled trenchcoat. The coat v1 has is too dark and the collar parts are too high and flare out too much, the biggs parts should be down just above his pecs and the HT ones end up on top of the shoulders just about. If they made significant enough improvements a rehash could work, but odds are any rehash would just be a reduced version like imprisonment with no coats and just the basic costume.

Cap'n Cook
01-15-2009, 01:26 PM
I just remembered in the one thread about getting a custom joker outfit someone said harue was going to be doing some joker work in the future. maybe this is it.

I thought that too. All he said to me was that he may want to do some more accurate clothing in the near future, but that he would have to ask HT for permission. I doubt this is it, but it would be GREAT!

Esp, because I would have had a small part in it. :D

MaulFan
01-15-2009, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised for the gun to be included. We have two sets of the Joker cards from the v1 and the BR versions. It's iconic enough that it could be there, but that since it's already with the Two-Face figure it's not essential. And yes, I believe the gun is indeed Harvey's and the Joker returns it to him in the hospital. The Joker was kept in a holding cell at MCU the same as Harvey, where I would wager his pistol was taken from him and placed with other items taken from prisoners, labeled with the identification tag indicating the item(s) and the prisoner from whom they were taken. Since Dent wouldn't have had the opportunity to retrieve his gun, I would imagine the Joker took his knives back and found Harvey's gun... which played perfectly into his agenda (another reason why it will be Nurse Joker, considering it's integral to the Joker's grand plan that he convince Harvey he isn't "a guy with a plan" only to point him against the mob and again gradually kill off those who have outlived their usefulness).

Oooh, I forgot the MCU angle, yes, and taking the gun would help me get out past any remaining police if he held it to Lau's head, good call, actually sounds plausible now, though I'm baffled why that didn't occur to me :lol

vodoun
01-15-2009, 01:44 PM
But they'll miss on those who already bought the two. They'll want maximum customer base. Only way a v1 rehash would do that is if there's 2 new heads, new accessories, proper-shaded gloves and a more properly shaded and styled trenchcoat. The coat v1 has is too dark and the collar parts are too high and flare out too much, the biggs parts should be down just above his pecs and the HT ones end up on top of the shoulders just about. If they made significant enough improvements a rehash could work, but odds are any rehash would just be a reduced version like imprisonment with no coats and just the basic costume.

You seem convinced it's coming....

______

Still too high?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3241/3138861597_56494b7fdc.jpg?v=0

PapitoMX
01-15-2009, 01:53 PM
I just want a "Laughing" Joker Headsculpt!!!!

LockJaw
01-15-2009, 02:08 PM
it'd be nice if they released a Joker with more accurate clothing with thinner material
and a new headsculpt with the remaining accessories
a smiling headsculpt showing his yellow teeth and frizzy hair that covers both ears like in the pencil trick scene
and in terms of the remaining accessories, the other knives he uses, rpg, lead pipe, and this is shooting for the stars here but maybe a handheld camera

Dally
01-15-2009, 02:14 PM
There is talk of this over at the Toy-World forum, so it probably isn't just a mistake in translation. After getting my BRJ yesterday I'm so hyped at whatever Joker Hot Toy's throws at us.

PapitoMX
01-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Didn't awhile back when we first started to get pics of the bank robber joker when they were talkin about the artist the, J.C someone, and showing his repainted verison of BR joker. And he was going to offer who wanted his service to repaint the heads like he did, didn't they mention an "Ultimate Joker" was coming on it's way later on? I know it was somewhere on this thread and I think Hot Toys too. Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

Sachiel
01-15-2009, 02:20 PM
You seem convinced it's coming....

______

Still too high?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3241/3138861597_56494b7fdc.jpg?v=0

What did you do?

TELL US!

CristiMAN
01-15-2009, 02:23 PM
it'd be nice if they released a Joker with more accurate clothing with thinner material
and a new headsculpt with the remaining accessories
a smiling headsculpt showing his yellow teeth and frizzy hair that covers both ears like in the pencil trick scene
and in terms of the remaining accessories, the other knives he uses, rpg, lead pipe, and this is shooting for the stars here but maybe a handheld camera

And for remaining accessories... The pencil, the phone from the thug's belly and the pack of grenades stuck to a string to the jacket's pocket...

Dally
01-15-2009, 02:23 PM
I won't mind if they give us a V1 with the BR sculpt and gun, because I would have bought the BRJ anyway. But I'll be pissed if they give us a V1 with superior clothes, rocket launcher, shotgun, and a great sculpt. I hope the announcement is hinting at a Nurse or Cop Joker.

vodoun
01-15-2009, 02:26 PM
What did you do?

TELL US!

Nothing, apart from take all body clothes off and futzed each part on section by section. No glue, no sticky tape. No mods. Pulled and futzed pulled and futzed until each part became super tight.

It's just sitting on it's own.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3233/3138861563_9ffed03ee5.jpg?v=0http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3106/3138861553_04033bb4ce.jpg?v=0

agonistes86
01-15-2009, 02:34 PM
I won't mind if they give us a V1 with the BR sculpt and gun, because I would have bought the BRJ anyway. But I'll be pissed if they give us a V1 with superior clothes, rocket launcher, shotgun, and a great sculpt. I hope the announcement is hinting at a Nurse or Cop Joker.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Don't know if I would've got the BR Joker anyway, but I still wouldn't mind if they did that.

Voorhees27
01-15-2009, 02:39 PM
That looks awesome Vodoun!

Wor-Gar
01-15-2009, 02:40 PM
If I knew about this months ago, and HT hadn't STATED the TDK line was done, then I wouldn't have gotten this BR Joker either and would have waited for the "ultimate Joker".

Considering I just received the BR yesterday, it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. I haven't even had time to enjoy this figure and there's this talk about another...

Voorhees27
01-15-2009, 02:48 PM
If I knew about this months ago, and HT hadn't STATED the TDK line was done, then I wouldn't have gotten this BR Joker either and would have waited for the "ultimate Joker".

Considering I just received the BR yesterday, it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. I haven't even had time to enjoy this figure and there's this talk about another...

As much as I agree with you we still have to remember that these guys are in it to make money and nothing else. Sure there is customer service and making cool products but its just always going to come down to maximizing profits.

Wor-Gar
01-15-2009, 02:52 PM
As much as I agree with you we still have to remember that these guys are in it to make money and nothing else. Sure there is customer service and making cool products but its just always going to come down to maximizing profits.

I know...

Doesn't make me feel any better about it though. :)

Voorhees27
01-15-2009, 02:54 PM
I know...

Doesn't make me feel any better about it though. :)

Could be worse, you could have preordered the Medicom Joker with no refunds :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

MaulFan
01-15-2009, 03:06 PM

And while it's the drive of all companies, HT really makes you feel like the $$$ comes before the product sometimes. Joker's big money, they'll do anything because it will sell, even if it has significant bearing on those who already bought.

The Monster
01-15-2009, 04:07 PM
I will take a Cop & Nurse Joker. :D

scubasteve
01-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Why are people getting so uptight about this? The only facts we have are the vague statements HT has released. Everything else is speculation.

It could end up being: a) nothing at all, b) Nurse Joker, or c) Cop Joker, which wouldn't entail any double dipping on HT's part.

Scar
01-15-2009, 04:35 PM
I'd say it implies that they have another figure up their sleeves. Which one is certainly far from concrete in that brief blurb.

MaulFan
01-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Given that I don't recall HT ever officially commenting on extra production runs of figures, I'd say it's safe to read into it that another figure is on its way. What it'll be is the question.

wofford29
01-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Well cop joker wasn't on screen enough to warrant its own figure so if it's just a single figure more than likely it'll be the nurse. I however would like something along the lines of the Clark/Superman 2n1 only with the cop and nurse outfits and accessoris.

Dally
01-15-2009, 04:56 PM
It will be either Nurse or Cop. I highly doubt they'll do the V1 rehash.

vodoun
01-15-2009, 07:44 PM
It will be either Nurse or Cop.

What I'm curious of is about the flesh for the leg and arm joints. I honestly can't see it as Hot Toys style just showing bare true type body plastic joints like the kit bashes.

Unless they are going to use this skin technology that was used on Two Face... as when you see the leg and elbow joins it just looks so cheap and tacky.

LockJaw
01-15-2009, 07:59 PM
It will be either Nurse or Cop. I highly doubt they'll do the V1 rehash.

well it wouldn't be the first time Hot Toys would do a re-do on a figure, no?
what was the situation with the Superman Returns line?
they released the same figure but with a more accurate suit and headsculpt
but they needed a gimmick to make it sell so they threw in a Clark Kent along with it

vodoun
01-15-2009, 08:03 PM
...and as you know, v1 Batman Begins > v2 Batman Begins.

Dally
01-15-2009, 08:08 PM
What I'm curious of is about the flesh for the leg and arm joints. I honestly can't see it as Hot Toys style just showing bare true type body plastic joints like the kit bashes.

Unless they are going to use this skin technology that was used on Two Face... as when you see the leg and elbow joins it just looks so cheap and tacky.

That is my main gripe with my Nurse custom. If Hot Toy's releases one with no visible joints then I'm definitely down for it.

dozogovi
01-15-2009, 08:10 PM
dont be sad when they put out skinny tdk batman 2 with light up eyes long cape. hot toys doesn't do this on purpose i don't think. you cant put good art on a schedule. but considering there release dates on on a schedule congruent to a movie release i think they end up putting out stuff just simply to make there dates then release the version they wish they had released in the first place. Either that or they are ^^^^^^^s trying to take advantage of ^^^^er fan boys who will buy both versions cause they cant help themselves.Either way its understandable.:lol:lol

D. Martin
01-15-2009, 08:14 PM
but really I dont see the appeal of a Joker dressed in drag.

Really??? Man, that is in my top ten for 12" figures I really, really want.

Dally
01-15-2009, 08:15 PM
dont be sad when they put out skinny tdk batman 2 with light up eyes long cape. hot toys doesn't do this on purpose i don't think. you cant put good art on a schedule. but considering there release dates on on a schedule congruent to a movie release i think they end up putting out stuff just simply to make there dates then release the version they wish they had released in the first place. Either that or they are ^^^^^^^s trying to take advantage of ^^^^er fan boys who will buy both versions cause they cant help themselves.Either way its understandable.:lol:lol
Yeah, the V1 was definitely rushed and I think Hot Toy's learned their lesson. All these successful releases they're having now show Hot Toy's that people would rather have great stuff come out late then mediocre stuff early. I don't think we'll see a mishap like the V1 again. At least I hope not.

vodoun
01-15-2009, 08:32 PM
I don't think we'll see a mishap like the V1 again. At least I hope not.

If it does, I can't see it until nearer the time for the 3rd Batman film.

c3r1h5
01-15-2009, 09:22 PM
when do they typically release the specs after they hint about a product? the next newsletter?

noisetrigger
01-15-2009, 11:00 PM
I give up. Most here doesn't want to see reason or logic except satisfying their own fantasy of the version of the Joker they like to see instead the more likely version of the Joker that will be coming out.

HT only ever did a 2 in 1 once and that was a long time ago. They never did that again and with cost being such as issue, unlikely to be done again.

HT prides themselves in making every single figure unique and Nurse Joker is the obvious choice.

As for the V1 BB Bat to V2 BB Bat, if TDK didn't actually feature the costume, we will never have seen an improved version.

Goes to show that HT doesn't just go an improved a costume just because they feel like it.

Voorhees27
01-15-2009, 11:28 PM
I give up. Most here doesn't want to see reason or logic except satisfying their own fantasy of the version of the Joker they like to see instead the more likely version of the Joker that will be coming out.

HT only ever did a 2 in 1 once and that was a long time ago. They never did that again and with cost being such as issue, unlikely to be done again.

HT prides themselves in making every single figure unique and Nurse Joker is the obvious choice.

As for the V1 BB Bat to V2 BB Bat, if TDK didn't actually feature the costume, we will never have seen an improved version.

Goes to show that HT doesn't just go an improved a costume just because they feel like it.

Two Face was pretty much a 2-in-1 deal.

Minimodel
01-16-2009, 04:00 AM
Im not going to trawl through all the thousands of posts on the forum but i distinctly remember months ago somebody stating with some authority that due to the success of the Jokers Hot toys would be making a third variant and being surprised at the lack of attention this news garnered.

Riko
01-16-2009, 04:45 AM
"...regretting to miss both versions, you may still pray for one more..."

in the first part, before the comma they refer to the 2 existing versions, right?
than afther the comma they insinuate to one MORE, thus taling about something that is different than the 2 existing versions, so a 3rd version allright...

find this pitty, they should be making an improved version of their Dark Knight version, I am not waiting for a 3rd Joker actually.

Riko
01-16-2009, 04:57 AM
would be cool if they make the "interrogation scene" joker with his face paint all ^^^^ed up :rock

no, what extra motivation do you have (rather than the make up) to actually spend that kind of money for figure that you can make by combining V1 and V2.

by the way, the V2 head has also ^^^^ed up make up...

so, no, that would be stupid.

a Sonar Batman
that would be a whole lot of fun AND make much more sence if they improved the body of batman.
than you might get the better bodyproportions + the sonar + the sticky gun.

vodoun
01-16-2009, 05:14 AM
that would be a whole lot of fun AND make much more sence if they improved the body of batman.
than you might get the better bodyproportions + the sonar + the sticky gun.

With the DC run just getting released... could you imagine the hue and cry.

Billy
01-16-2009, 06:19 AM
I dont know what to do should i still get a bank robber joker or wait till this v3 figure comes out ?
I already have v1 but I do like the robber version.

Why do they have to make this so confuseing ??????????????

Billy

The Ringer
01-16-2009, 06:22 AM
If it is not just a re-release I really hope it is Cop Joker. I would love to see HT tackle a sculpt with no make-up.

nad
01-16-2009, 06:23 AM
Ok?

Thread closed:gun

Nitro
01-16-2009, 06:33 AM
I wouldn't mind a Cop or Nurse Joker. Common sense has me thinking that Hot Toys will release an Interogation Room Joker with new head sculpt. They've done it before with Jack Sparrow, they'll do it again with the Joker. I just wish that with the success of these Dark Knight figs, they'd give us something a little different to stretch the line a little further. No harm, no foul if they would give us Fox, Alfred, Gordon, or Scarecrow. I'd take any one of those to close out the line (although I'm hoping they keep going).

The Ringer
01-16-2009, 06:34 AM
Ok?

Thread closed:gun

:confused::confused:

uscmhicks
01-16-2009, 06:53 AM
the thing I would personally like most is a cop joker....:rock
The nurse seems to be a much easier custom too.

Billy
01-16-2009, 07:03 AM
The cop would be cool this way the head will have no make up so we can see heath's face better.

Billy

creature4000
01-16-2009, 07:23 AM
The cop wasn't as memorable as the Nurse was!

Nurse Joker for me please! :rock

noisetrigger
01-16-2009, 07:28 AM
Two Face was pretty much a 2-in-1 deal.
I wouldn't call it a 2 in 1 because HT didn't actually give you enough extra shirt, pants, tie, and shoes to make another complete figure.

With Superman 2 in 1, all you need to do is buy another body and you got an extra figure.

When asked why HT won't be including a burned white shirt for TF, they cited cost reasons.

TF isn't selling well at all despite being about the same price as BR Joker imagine what the sales would be like if they actually did a 2 in 1 and it comes out about the price as a batpod.

MaulFan
01-16-2009, 07:29 AM
The cop would be cool this way the head will have no make up so we can see heath's face better.

Billy

I'm torn, I'd love to see a cop Joker because Heath looks more evil with just the scars and the toning around his eyes and no makeup than he ever did as Joker full on. However, I'm torn because part of me would like this next figure to have 2 makeup heads and even if it has two heads, we'd at best get one with makeup if the cop look was part of the set, and I'm not a fan of that idea persay because it would mean killing the cop option and spending for a repaint or having one less makeup head in the lineup.

blakus939
01-16-2009, 07:30 AM
Noisetrigger, you'r acting as if there is absolutely no way in hell or on earth, that they will release another regular style joker? Yes, they have only done that sort of thing, once before, but once before, means once before. It doesnt mean it's never been done at all, and there is no way in the world to tell whats coming, just basing off vague inuendos and wild guesses, obviously. But you're acting as if you're positively correct, and we're all stupidly idiodic for even, beginning to think otherwise.
The only people that know what the G O is, are Hot Toys themselves. ANYTHING could happen. We may not even be getting a 3rd figure at all. Just relax man, people are just having fun and enjoying the input, no need to get on some type of soapbox about whats going to happen. NO-ONE knows

noisetrigger
01-16-2009, 08:16 AM
You are the one that need to relax. I was just using information I have to deduce why HT wouldn't do another regular Joker.

Being a regular at the local HT dealer, I am privy to certain first hand information that normally wouldn't be circulated here.

Apparently, a lot of people here doesn't know about this but about two months ago HT re-opened orders for a third run of V1 Jokers. Now this is something HT wouldn't be announcing in their newsletter but they did sent an order form for V1 Joker to all HT dealers so they know how many V1 Joker they should manufacture.

Now, why would HT want to take orders for a third run of V1 Jokers if they are going to release another improved one a few months later? Not only will this pissed off the consumers, this will pissed of their dealers too.

Just so you know, HT cares a lot about dealer feedback as much as customers feedback and by releasing another improved regular Joker right after V1 Joker, that's like shooting themselves in the foot.

The best hint is from the HT newsletter itself. The wording from the newsletter can be confusing admittedly cause it was written by Chinese. We (I am Chinese too) tend to translate Chinese phrase direct from Chinese into English and sometimes it comes out weird.

"If you are regretting to miss both versions, you may still pray for one more..."

Upon reading the English announcement again, but by translating it back into Chinese, it is clear that HT is talking about another version of the Joker.

This is how it should actually sound like translated properly.

"f you regret missing both versions (of the Joker), you may still hope for one more (another version of Joker in this context)...

But hey, this is an American message board, you guys are entitle to your opinion and fantasy. I might not agree with you but I will surely defend to death your right to say it. And Malaysia is a democratic country too so I expect the same from you all.

PapitoMX
01-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Womp, Womp!

J-Wild
01-16-2009, 10:35 AM
I don't know if I can afford another, but I'd like to see what they do!

:naughty

Cap'n Cook
01-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Bring it on!! Down for any TDK Joker incarnation.

FlyAndFight
01-16-2009, 01:44 PM
If they rerelease V1 Joker with V2 headsculpt and a new base then I am on board. I've stopped myself this long from buying a Joker but that would be too much.

I'm in the same boat. I've managed to keep from even getting into this line so far, but an "ultimate Joker" in one figure would be hard to pass.

I'm going to run with this train of thought, even though noisetrigger's deduction make absolute sense as well. Heck, I can wish for it, right?

Dally
01-16-2009, 01:48 PM
If they release the V1 with the BR headsculpt and machine gun that would be fine with me, but if they released one with superior clothing and other stuff then I would be sort of ticked off because I spent the money on the V1. Remember all the fuss that was caused when there was rumors that the second batch of Batman's was slightly better? Well this would be like that, but on a much larger scale.

Bum
01-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Hrm.

Nurse Joker would use a similar sculpt than the others... but would probably also come with two heads because of one with and without wig...

Honour Guard Joker would be the one joker that could not be mixed and matched due to the face paint on it.

Redoing a V1 with a v2 joker and calling it a v3 would suck, but it would be the 'answer' to help those who can't afford to get two versions.

For that reason, i'd say, do it, make more money, but make more happy.
*shrug*

Broccoli Shrapnel
01-16-2009, 01:56 PM
I know this might get some frowns, but I've been back and forth on buying the BR Joker and wouldn't mind a cheaper edition. So, I propose a "greatest hits" type of Joker for the entry level HT collector: $95-100 for just the v.2 sculpt and outfit 1 without the jacket and most other accessories. That way I could have the jail scene Joker. Throw in a knife and gun as the only accessories. That'd make my day as someone who'd really like to own a quality Joker for less than $150. No one with either version already out there would be that offended because this product would offer a lot less than either of the other versions.

lerath666
01-16-2009, 02:30 PM
I know this might get some frowns, but I've been back and forth on buying the BR Joker and wouldn't mind a cheaper edition. So, I propose a "greatest hits" type of Joker for the entry level HT collector: $95-100 for just the v.2 sculpt and outfit 1 without the jacket and most other accessories. That way I could have the jail scene Joker. Throw in a knife and gun as the only accessories. That'd make my day as someone who'd really like to own a quality Joker for less than $150. No one with either version already out there would be that offended because this product would offer a lot less than either of the other versions.

considering that this is what they did with cannibal jack sparrow, this is more or less what I'm expecting to see hot toys do this time around.

MaulFan
01-16-2009, 02:49 PM

I hate to say it, but you can probably toss out the idea of any HT figure retailing under $120 at this point, and likely any TDK figure much under $150.

Based on everything, I imagine 3 possible figures we will get, if we are truly getting a new figure.

1) As you proposed, a stripped down version of the Joker costume to make it an imprisoned Joker figure, with 1-2 new heads and bare bones accessories, this would satisfy how a 3rd figure could make people that didn't get either of the first 2 happy since the next 2 options aren't good for that.
2) Nurse Disguise Joker
3) Honor Guard Disguise Joker

If HT really is still running production of the v1, we will not see an upgrade of that, so that leaves the above 3 as the only conceivable formats.

aussieinnyc
01-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Or the fourth option that HT solicited interest in another run of the V1, got a huge positive response, and so decided to issue a v1 style "ultimate" Joker.

Sachiel
01-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Well the Nurse Joker was rumored. Pretty much because that one blog (the one with the magazine photos) posted a few screencaps from that scene.

MaulFan
01-16-2009, 03:03 PM
They COULD do that, but if there is production going of the v1 with dealers ordering it for this Spring, for HT to go that route, I'd say that'd be their biggest FU to collecting world ever, collectors and sellers of their product alike would be pissed about it. I don't put anything past them, but I can't believe they'd be that stupid.

drunkman
01-16-2009, 03:42 PM
I have to agree that noisetrigger's makes some good points. It makes a lot of sense that HT won't bother with revisiting v1 with an improved sculpt, and "small" changes to the outfit, like the colors on the inside, tighter jacket, etc.

I have a feeling they made purposely included two head sculpts with the br joker so unhappy v1 owners could replace the inferior sculpt. Great way to make people buy both.

I bet the nurse joker or imprisoned joker will come next. I doubt they will make the guard joker since it was barely in the film.

Wor-Gar
01-16-2009, 04:12 PM
This is how it should actually sound like translated properly.

"f you regret missing both versions (of the Joker), you may still hope for one more (another version of Joker in this context)...

Your points make a lot of sense. I also think it would be silly for HT to revist and create "the ultimate" Joker now. The above sounds much more like a new figure alltogether. The closest they'd dare get to the v1 Joker is an interrogation version sans coat and gloves.

So Noisetrigger, what do you think would be the logical choice for a third Joker, just guessing based on the information?

Just for the record, I also think an Honor Guard Joker is unlikely.

Nurse Joker is looking more and more like the one new figure they could do without pissing someone off.

But interrogation Joker is also likely as it allows HT to reuse certain parts to up the profitability while still offering new heads and hands and possibly upgrading certain parts of the original outfit (specifically I mean the tie).

MaulFan
01-16-2009, 04:15 PM
So what do you think would be the logical choice for a third Joker, just guessing based on the information?

1) As you proposed, a stripped down version of the Joker costume to make it an imprisoned Joker figure, with 1-2 new heads and bare bones accessories, this would satisfy how a 3rd figure could make people that didn't get either of the first 2 happy since the next 2 options aren't good for that.
2) Nurse Disguise Joker

I'd say given HT's practices historically, a stripped v1 costume with new heads and accessories is the likely candidate. I think Nurse and Cop have equal odds after that, probably Cop more, nurse may be popular but the cop disguise could be utilized for other figures at some point and has that advantage.

Wor-Gar
01-16-2009, 04:19 PM
2) Nurse Disguise Joker

I'd say given HT's practices historically, a stripped v1 costume with new heads and accessories is the likely candidate. I think Nurse and Cop have equal odds after that, probably Cop more, nurse may be popular but the cop disguise could be utilized for other figures at some point and has that advantage.

I was still writing when you posted. :)

Those are indeed the choices, I meant to ask noisetrigger what he thought would most likely follow, as a guess.

I did add my two-cents about where I think things will fall.

wookster
01-16-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm getting dizzy with the back and forth of will it be this, will it be that, to be honest I've asked and I'm no more enlightened than anyone else here, but I have a feeling HT know they will have to do something special, so I'm expecting something like the Supes 2 in 1. I'm hoping it'll be at least a 2 in 1 or perhaps even a 3 in 1 (I dont think it'll be the cop). As the clothes are already tailored I'm thinking classic outfit, BR outfit and the Nurse outfit, but the clincher will be at least 2 new killer heads and a ton of accessories, guns, bazookas, clipboards etc, etc.

MaulFan
01-16-2009, 04:32 PM
If we can get at least 1 or 2 more standard Joker portraits with this figure, the costume can go any direction for all I care. Nurse and Cop would be cool, but I'm more interested in accessories and sculpts. What I mean by standard sculpts is, green hair, makeup, not a Nurse head (which likely would just have the red hair to begin with and no wig effect to remove the read hair), and not the non-makeup face for the cop. Those will be nice, but I'd at least like an additional head like the extra in the BR set.

As I've always said, Joker in TDK is like Jack Sparrow, lots of looks to capture and I'd like to capitalize with this figure. Odds are, at least until the third film is made, this will be the last Joker from HT for some time, so I want to cash in on it as much as possible.

Here's what I hope to get with this figure.

1) 1-2 new heads
2) Banker's shotgun
3) RPG
4) Detonator (maybe someone knows if the Prewitt hand held is same as the hospital one)
5) Alternate knives
6) Knife shoe
7) Coat Grenade Rig
8) Pencil

I think that about covers any accessory he had that hasn't been produced yet that could make our v1's the ultimate figure.

El Guason 89
01-16-2009, 04:38 PM
You forgot the pencil, lol.

The Ringer
01-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Knife shoes are a must!:D

MaulFan
01-16-2009, 04:42 PM
I ammended the list.

Wor-Gar
01-16-2009, 04:45 PM
A 'working' knife shoe would be the bomb... working like the v1's knife I mean.

MaulFan
01-16-2009, 04:47 PM
That'd be sweet, but I could also live with the knife being out. HT shoes are so easy to swap though, it would be a simple enough accessory to pull off.

vodoun
01-16-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm getting dizzy with the back and forth of will it be this, will it be that, to be honest I've asked and I'm no more enlightened than anyone else here, but I have a feeling HT know they will have to do something special, so I'm expecting something like the Supes 2 in 1.

17 pages later of speculations. :o

I'm hoping it'll be at least a 2 in 1 or perhaps even a 3 in 1 (I dont think it'll be the cop). As the clothes are already tailored I'm thinking classic outfit, BR outfit and the Nurse outfit, but the clincher will be at least 2 new killer heads and a ton of accessories, guns, bazookas, clipboards etc, etc.

Will they even get all that in the box? the BRJ was pretty packed as it was...

mr.thrifty
01-16-2009, 08:09 PM
cop Joker..:gun

blakus939
01-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Yeah i totally forgot about the knife shoe, bring that on, would be awesome!

Dally
01-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Personally I hope it is the Nurse Joker, but I really want them to do an accessory pack that includes all of the missing weapons and accessories.

Buttmunch
01-16-2009, 11:31 PM
Personally I hope it is the Nurse Joker, but I really want them to do an accessory pack that includes all of the missing weapons and accessories.

Well Nurse Joker could easily come with the shotgun and bazooka in addition to the silenced gun, folder, Harvey's pistol, and detonator.

Might as well include a pencil as the Joker was pretending to write on Harvey's charts. :monkey3

Dally
01-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah definitely. They gave the BRJ the machine gun which wasn't from the bank robbery scene, so they could easily give those weapons to go with a Nurse Joker.

noisetrigger
01-16-2009, 11:58 PM
Your points make a lot of sense. I also think it would be silly for HT to revist and create "the ultimate" Joker now. The above sounds much more like a new figure alltogether. The closest they'd dare get to the v1 Joker is an interrogation version sans coat and gloves.

So Noisetrigger, what do you think would be the logical choice for a third Joker, just guessing based on the information?

I think Nurse Joker is the most likely of all, Tommy Richardson, the guy who took all those wonderful HT product pics for Milk magazine hinted a Nurse Joker on his blog. He hinted at a TF also before HT actually announced one officially.

Also, following the pattern on their choice of versions of character, Nurse Joker seems more plausible because it has as much screen time as the BR Joker, both scenes really memorable in their own right in establishing the Joker character, and the costume is unique enough that people will buy another Joker.

To me interrogation scene Joker won't be happening because you basically have that Joker already by removing his coat and jacket. The BRJ new sculpt is also based on that scene (and the makeup to a certain degree).

Buttmunch
01-17-2009, 12:40 AM
I think Nurse Joker is the most likely of all, Tommy Richardson, the guy who took all those wonderful HT product pics for Milk magazine hinted a Nurse Joker on his blog. He hinted at a TF also before HT actually announced one officially.

Also, following the pattern on their choice of versions of character, Nurse Joker seems more plausible because it has as much screen time as the BR Joker, both scenes really memorable in their own right in establishing the Joker character, and the costume is unique enough that people will buy another Joker.

To me interrogation scene Joker won't be happening because you basically have that Joker already by removing his coat and jacket. The BRJ new sculpt is also based on that scene (and the makeup to a certain degree).

I actually think the sculpt comes from the mob boss meeting, but the make-up is definately interrorgation room/street.

noisetrigger
01-17-2009, 02:40 AM
I actually think the sculpt comes from the mob boss meeting, but the make-up is definately interrorgation room/street.

I have always felt that the sculpt is based on either this

http://l.yimg.com/img.omg.yahoo.com/omg/us/img/7a/59/4086_6577259426.jpg

or this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/_nijoker_/2702809008/

The Drizzle
01-17-2009, 03:16 AM
I have always felt that the sculpt is based on either this

(snipped)
or this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/_nijoker_/2702809008/

I think it's that one as well.
The nurse would be a perfect chance for them to make a smiling head, when Joker goes "Hiiiiiii" in that silly voice to Harvey in bed. Big ^^^^-eating grin.
One head with wig, one really sloppy head from after he takes the wig off.

Nurse is bound to be the one produced.

Cap'n Cook
01-17-2009, 04:45 AM
Here's what I hope to get with this figure.

1) 1-2 new heads
2) Banker's shotgun
3) RPG
4) Detonator (maybe someone knows if the Prewitt hand held is same as the hospital one)
5) Alternate knives
6) Knife shoe
7) Coat Grenade Rig
8) Pencil

:monkey1 Ugh, that's a great list MaulFan. The knife shoe would be superb!

The detonators are different.

Old Grandpa
01-17-2009, 04:59 AM
You can bet on it. It's Nurse Joker, cause I just finished my custom one. Got the wig the same day HT dropped the bomb. I've almost finished my Policeman Joker, so I loose either way they go. My only hope is for an Interagation Joker.

vodoun
01-17-2009, 05:20 AM
If it is I can't wait to see how they are going to make the skin fold/bend without it looking like trousers. If at all. Seeing shiny legs or shiny arms looks very tacky. At least with the other figs, clothes or rubber suits hides this.

Cap'n Cook
01-17-2009, 05:29 AM
Totally. The deal breaker, if it is Nurse, will be how the joints are hidden, or not hidden.

But, then again, perhaps we are reading into this too much and it is a mis-translation?

vodoun
01-17-2009, 05:54 AM
True, but sadly as I said on page 18. "17 pages later of speculations."

Now 19. This discussion and analyzing could go on forever. It's one thing to discuss it after it's official. :)

Wor-Gar
01-17-2009, 11:04 AM

Makes sense. I'd be more than happy NOT to have some competing Joker than undermines the reason I got the v1.

I never did custom a Nurse Joker, so he would be a welcome choice for me.

I do hope they give him a removable wig rather than a sculpted one. Perhaps the Apes have given them some practice with real hair.

RJMacReady16
01-17-2009, 12:22 PM
You can bet on it. It's Nurse Joker, cause I just finished my custom one. Got the wig the same day HT dropped the bomb. I've almost finished my Policeman Joker, so I loose either way they go. My only hope is for an Interagation Joker.

No, not at all. This is a small group in the scheme of things, so IF they announce Nurse/Police Joker, as soon as you hear it, throw your customs on Ebay. You may actually get more for them than the HT ones will cost, because you'd be surprised by how many people don't know about these figures before they release.

My original Batman Begins paid for my DK Begins suit and left some change in my pocket :rock

vodoun
01-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Hmm...

Found this from Eddie Wong.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3307/3199597272_e5da938dba_o.jpg

Even though it's still customs.

drunkman
01-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Hmm...

Wow those look great.... I think it'll be great for HT Joker collectors if they come out with something like those.

KingGrayskull
01-17-2009, 03:01 PM
The police uniform is more than inaccurate. The nurse outfit has its own thread here with many pics. I got it two weeks ago and it is awesome. Not the same quality as Hot Toys but for custom really good. The best is the Dent-sticker which reads HENRY Dent :lol

Mr ?
01-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Hmm...

Is it cop Joker, or Gay Bar Joker...??

The Drizzle
01-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Makes sense. I'd be more than happy NOT to have some competing Joker than undermines the reason I got the v1.

I never did custom a Nurse Joker, so he would be a welcome choice for me.

I do hope they give him a removable wig rather than a sculpted one. Perhaps the Apes have given them some practice with real hair.

That's a whole different ballgame. The Apes are not hair- it's fur.

The Drizzle
01-17-2009, 10:27 PM
The best is the Dent-sticker which reads HENRY Dent :lol

That is hilarious. Good old Henry Dent.

mr.thrifty
01-17-2009, 11:07 PM
the hard part for the cop Joker is finding the right shirt and coat. I have the pants, belt and hat..any ideas for the other pieces??
I hope the next version is one none of us expect. they did allude to "heath" fairly strongly in their newsletter.

Voorhees27
01-18-2009, 12:33 AM
Is it cop Joker, or Gay Bar Joker...??

Blue Oyster Joker.

Cap'n Cook
01-18-2009, 04:11 AM
Maybe it's just a Heath Ledger tribute figure. Not in character.

TwoFace
01-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Maybe it's just a Heath Ledger tribute figure. Not in character.

You wouldint be interested in that.

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp150/twofaceguy/bb_073MorganFreeman.jpg

KingGrayskull
01-18-2009, 09:51 AM
the hard part for the cop Joker is finding the right shirt and coat. I have the pants, belt and hat..any ideas for the other pieces??
I hope the next version is one none of us expect. they did allude to "heath" fairly strongly in their newsletter.

Go to the customs section on these board and search for cop Joker.

BTW: I would wait until HT told us which Joker will come out. AND if it is not a cop Joker check that thread. I am working at a nice set for it at the moment ;)

Rottweiler
01-18-2009, 09:57 AM
i managed to win this one on ebay last week
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n181/ajswmurray/jo.jpg

Jack Ups
01-18-2009, 10:00 AM
As much as i may cry and moan, if this is worth it ill buy it : P
damn expensive awsome'ness:rotfl

Starkiller
01-18-2009, 11:53 AM
i managed to win this one on ebay last week
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n181/ajswmurray/jo.jpg

The DC Direct version? Why?

Mr ?
01-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Blue Oyster Joker.

:mwaha
What he said...

Ben
01-18-2009, 12:12 PM
The DC Direct version? Why?

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Cap'n Cook
01-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Maybe they bought the DCD ver so they can have a cool display with the HT Joker mocking him. :D

Or maybe they are on a budget, which is fair enough.

TwoFace
01-18-2009, 12:41 PM
I use to like my DCD Joker, until I saw the BRJ. So I bailed out ,and putted my DCD Joker in the basement somewhere.

PRIME
01-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Blue Oyster Joker.

:mwaha had a movie flash back of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTJMerul33E

JinRoh
01-18-2009, 01:17 PM
isnt it odd that we dont have a decent "laughing joker" headsculpt? i mean come on, its the joker:D

Voorhees27
01-18-2009, 02:53 PM
:mwaha had a movie flash back of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTJMerul33E

:lol That music has been embedded in my head since like forever! :lol Hey, does anyone else see Jack Nocholson with the shades and all? Weird.

JGouse0498
01-18-2009, 05:48 PM
:lol That music has been embedded in my head since like forever! :lol Hey, does anyone else see Jack Nocholson with the shades and all? Weird.

Yep, I see Jack Nicholson in those shots too! Especially that pose on the bike!! :lol

Dally
01-18-2009, 09:47 PM
So when do you guys think we'll hear anything else about this? Hot Toys releases news letters in between their monthly ones, right?

creecher
01-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Yep, they used to be monthly, now they're all over the shop. Whenever they feel like it seems. The one before this was a fortnight ago, then one the previous week, then three weeks before that.

Hydeous
01-19-2009, 02:18 AM
Yep, they used to be monthly, now they're all over the shop. Whenever they feel like it seems. The one before this was a fortnight ago, then one the previous week, then three weeks before that.

I cant wait to see the nurse joker:rotfl

Salvation/Damnation
01-19-2009, 02:47 AM
Even though the purple coat didn't have and accurate looking fit around the body, I just hope they don't remake it. Because I'm still planning to get the purple suit for my Bank Robber Joker.

KBA
01-19-2009, 10:07 AM
I think the coats biggest problem is its color. Way too dark.

Darklord Dave
01-19-2009, 06:06 PM
My vote is for a Joker that has a head sculpt and outfit that looks just like Gary Oldman as Gordon.

Seriously - that's the only TDK figure remaining that's of interest. I just can't see how a 3rd Joker makes sense.

EVILFACE
01-19-2009, 06:09 PM
My vote is for a Joker that has a head sculpt and outfit that looks just like Gary Oldman as Gordon.

Seriously - that's the only TDK figure remaining that's of interest. I just can't see how a 3rd Joker makes sense.

Dave speaks the truth. Give us Gordon, not another Joker.

CelticPredator
01-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Give us Gambol, insted of another Joker. I own to many Jokers....

DerMann
01-19-2009, 06:15 PM
I can see HT revamping the V1 Joker after seeing how many collectors have been sticking the Bank Robber head on it. I'm betting on the "Kill Harvey Dent" Joker with a resculpted V2 head with messed up makeup, a little weathering on the V1 suit and fully armed with a two-tone Glock (standard magazine), sawed off shotgun and possibly a RPG-7.

CelticPredator
01-19-2009, 06:16 PM
The V2 head is already the Int Room Joker....

Salvation/Damnation
01-19-2009, 07:38 PM
These are the ones they should makes: GORDON and a SCARECROW with mask, 2 heads (Glasses and No Glasses), Briefcase,and the Fear Gas shooter.

MaulFan
01-19-2009, 07:55 PM

It makes as much sense as half-assed Predator variants.

Hot Toys Ledger Joker = $$$$$

That's the whole motive, they found a sure seller and are cashing in while they can.

The Mike
01-19-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm shocked we haven't seen Scarecrow, with his inclusion in TDK I would have thought they would have made him as a "make up" to the fans. Gordon as well, traditional Gordon, SWAT Gordon, they could have made both easily. I don't see them doing a v1 with a v2 head it just doesn't make sense with the v1 being redistributed in April. I do see them making a Cop Joker that would include the nurse outfit include two facial sculpts, one with paint and a grin and one with paint with the lips puckered like he had in the Two-Face scene. They'll call it The Joker Disguised version and be done with it.

MaulFan
01-19-2009, 08:02 PM
While the lack of Scarecrow and Gordon dissappoints, it's becoming how little I expect of Hot Toys in a line. If a character isn't the utmost important to the story or entertaining of a property like this, they don't give them the time of day. The only lines HT expands more into are older properties where there's a huge fan base, current ones, it's only the sure fire sellers, which is a shame, Hot Toys Gordon would have been great to own.

Deckard
01-19-2009, 08:03 PM
I want Gordon and Scarecrow but I also want a Liam Neeson Ras Al Ghul and wouldn't mind a Ninja Bruce Wayne. Or a League of Shadows Ninja.

Why do the same character 3 times tho Hot Toys? They have to be making good money, take a risk and give us Gordon not the Joker again.

MaulFan
01-19-2009, 08:08 PM
That's what bothers me most with Hot Toys, usually it's one character they don't do that making them could really round off a line, but despite whatever success they have, they're unwilling to throw their loyal customers and hardcore fans of properties a bone and deliver what they want. TDK really just needs Jim Gordon to feel complete (sure you could add Fox or Alfred, etc. but they're not as big as Com. Gordon), Pirates only needed Barbossa, Aliens needed Newt and Bishop. They show no respect for their customers, only fool them with magic of shiny figures that make people forget the redundancy of it all and not feel screwed by what they don't get. Don't get me wrong, if it comes out to my liking I will get this Joker, but I'm not so caught up in HT Joker madness as to not be disgruntled with them over their tactics.

TwoFace
01-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Scarescrow, Ra's Al Ghul, Gordon. Please! :D

Dally
01-19-2009, 08:27 PM
A V1 with the V2 head could really hurt the sales of their next wave of BR Jokers, so I don't see them doing that.

G'c
01-19-2009, 08:40 PM

HAHAAH that's so true bro.. I would want to see ONE MORE BATMAN TDK COSTUME with BACKPACK (HK SCENE) + SONAR EYES (light up of course) + STICKY BOMB GUN.. come on .. we all know that the bomb gun is such an integral part of the movie

darthCipan
01-19-2009, 09:14 PM
For me, Gordon and Ras Al Ghul will be a terrific addition to the dk line. Hopefully Hot toys will see to the demand on their customers for chance..

EVILFACE
01-19-2009, 09:17 PM
That's what bothers me most with Hot Toys, usually it's one character they don't do that making them could really round off a line, but despite whatever success they have, they're unwilling to throw their loyal customers and hardcore fans of properties a bone and deliver what they want. TDK really just needs Jim Gordon to feel complete (sure you could add Fox or Alfred, etc. but they're not as big as Com. Gordon), Pirates only needed Barbossa, Aliens needed Newt and Bishop. They show no respect for their customers, only fool them with magic of shiny figures that make people forget the redundancy of it all and not feel screwed by what they don't get. Don't get me wrong, if it comes out to my liking I will get this Joker, but I'm not so caught up in HT Joker madness as to not be disgruntled with them over their tactics.

Gordon was a vital part of TDK. I don't need a Joker dressed up as nurse.

Deckard
01-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Has anyone considered the possibility this is going to be another 1/4 Joker Bust, the last one had awful paint work.

Dally
01-19-2009, 09:53 PM
In the newsletter they referenced the BR Joker and the V1 Joker, so most likely they were talking about figures.

The Mike
01-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Yeah most likely figures, although I'd be up for a new Joker 1/4 bust. The last one was good but not great.

noisetrigger
01-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Reason we ain't seeing a Gordon, Alfred, Fox, is because they won't sell. As much as us hardcore fans want to have them, HT couldn't justify making something that will only sell like what? 500 around the world?

Scarecrow has too little screen time to actually leave an impression on 'fresh' collectors.

As for Ras Al Gul, well, he ain't in DK and I am not sure if they will want to revisit a movie from a few years ago that most people who watched TDK probably didn't watch.

People are already complaining about TF being too expensive. I wonder what the outcry would be if we actually get a Gordon, Alfred, Fox and the price is about the same as TF.

The reality is that not much will pay what HT charges for a guy in a suit.

As for predator, even 'half baked' varient, they are Predators at the end of the day and the sculpt, accessories, and having a huge bunch of them is just a lot more cooler than a bunch of guy in a suit.

The fact that a Predator goes up in value quite fast helps a lot.

CelticPredator
01-20-2009, 12:59 AM
And yet, they continue to make Spirit figures.......

Just sayin is all.

Lord Aykroyd
01-20-2009, 01:08 AM

Just sayin is all.

I believe the argument is that these come with elaborate costumes....

Of course, they could offer Gordon with both his street cloths as well as his 'disguise'. :lecture

creecher
01-20-2009, 01:25 AM
Has anyone seen their Godfather. I think the guy in a suit will sell, dependent upon the guy and the suit, for the dollars they will ask. They have plenty of bodies, reams of material, and it only takes a sculpt to bring it on home.

I kind of think that Hot Toys can be their own worst enemy at times. They have wrung the Batman out, even after they announced they would be no more in this line, they chose to make more. Not another but a variant. I think they are just seizing on this being the last chance to ride the Ledger tails before the spark dies off altogether. I dare say they would make a Gordon, Alfred, or a Fox, but have to work to a plan, to do justice to other lines and licence obligations. In the meantime they sacrifice collectors passions, in order to keep to the ever grinding plan they shackle themselves to.

CelticPredator
01-20-2009, 01:26 AM
I believe the argument is that these come with elaborate costumes....

Of course, they could offer Gordon with both his street cloths as well as his 'disguise'. :lecture

I wanted the Spirit because I dug his design...but the movie was so mind numbingly terrible that I would never want a single Spirit product ANYWHERE near my house....ew.

noisetrigger
01-20-2009, 01:56 AM

Just sayin is all.
That baffles me too. With the movie such a failure and the line destined into obscurity, I guess HT probably are just trying to released whatever they already have a prototype made and hope to break even for this license.

As for Godfather, he is more than just a man in a suit. It's one of the greatest film character ever portrayed by one of the greatest actor ever in one of the greatest movie ever.

Those three points alone will make the figure an instant hit.

Gordon, Alfred, Fox, despite being portrayed by three amazing actors in one of the best movie ever are just supporting characters and just doesn't have the same impact as Don Vito Corleone who essentially carries the first Godfather movie on his shoulders.

neo27apg
01-20-2009, 01:58 AM
well we will know by the next newsletters hopefully

creecher
01-20-2009, 02:03 AM
:lol I just asked if anyone had seen their Godfather figure. That was it. I made no inferences beyond that, other than what you chose to have it imply. You sure made a meal out of it. :lol

Just kidding ya noisetrigger. All very pertinent points. All I was saying was Hot Toys has other figures to fry. Yeah, they'll probably loose out with the Spirit figures, but for them, that is in the past and it's onto the next project. Even then they probably made an amount of Spirit figures dependent upon pre-orders, so they wouldn't have lost that much.

Dally
01-20-2009, 02:07 AM
They might as well milk the Ledger Joker while they can here, because come next film they'll have plenty of chances to do Gordon, Alfred, Fox, Wayne, and another Batman. This is their only shot at milking the Joker.

Cap'n Cook
01-20-2009, 02:38 AM
well we will know by the next newsletters hopefully

Here's hoping! The suspense is killing me!

lerath666
01-20-2009, 04:45 AM
They might as well milk the Ledger Joker while they can here, because come next film they'll have plenty of chances to do Gordon, Alfred, Fox, Wayne, and another Batman. This is their only shot at milking the Joker.

what, you don't think we'll see the joker return as the villain in the next batman movie? :lol

MaulFan
01-20-2009, 04:50 AM
People are already complaining about TF being too expensive. I wonder what the outcry would be if we actually get a Gordon, Alfred, Fox and the price is about the same as TF.

I think people paying and getting Two-Face are all happy with him and would probably make up the smaller group that would support a Gordon figure. Maybe that group is Batman or Joker sized, but if HT's so concerned about money, slam us with a bazillion Joker variants to make back the investment in a Gordon and give the hardcore fans what they want. As George Carlin would say, take a ^^^^ing chance once in awhile.

Wolf873
01-20-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm a little excited to hear that HT is planning to release a 3rd version. I didn't get any of the existing ones, well mostly because of the funds, but even if I had money, I wouldn't have gotten any of those. Reason, because the bank robber Joker has a head sculpt that I want but not the clothing, and regular Joker has the purple clothing that's neat but head is poor. Also, some of the accessories aren't divided up nicely. So, here's hoping HT puts together a nice figure for a third version that is hard to resist. I was going to go buy the DC direct version but stopped as soon as I heard this news, now I'll try to save up for it :) and perhaps another figure.

Morbach
01-20-2009, 09:08 AM
I doubt I'll be getting another Ledger Joker 'cause I got regular and Bank Robber versions so I don't think I'll be getting another.

Cap'n Cook
01-20-2009, 09:14 AM
I'm a little excited to hear that HT is planning to release a 3rd version.

Just FYI, all this is speculative at the moment. May just be mis-translation from the HT newsletter. Here's hoping a third is planned though!

TwoFace
01-20-2009, 10:06 AM
If they can make such a useless figure such as the she-predator, why not Gordon?

MaulFan
01-20-2009, 10:31 AM
If they can make such a useless figure such as the she-predator, why not Gordon?

Because She-Predator has Predator and sex appeal, which is a large group of consumers, Gordon only appeals to those really invested in the Batman story and particularly Gary Oldman's portrayal. Gordon as a figure isn't anything exciting, his popularity would be totally relying on love for the character, otherwise it's just some dude, no cool accessories or gear.