Who will be the next Star Wars 1/4 statue?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DetroitSportsFan

From the Sideshow Newsletter:
"As a special bonus for all attendees of this fantastic celebration, Sideshow Collectibles will unveil the newest addition to the Star Wars 1/4-Scale Premium Format Figure series, a new character from Star Wars Episode III - The Revenge of the Sith."

I'm hoping it's Anakin Skywalker. Any speculation/rumors?

The phrase "new character from Star Wars Episode 3" leads me to beleive that it will be somebody not in episode 1 or 2.

Greivous would be cool but since he doesn't wear any clothing, except a cape, the piece would be rather bland IMO. There's not much "media to mix" in a Greivous piece.:p

actually if they incorporate metal in the armor, that will be polystone, metal, and cloth....GG all the way...

I have a feeling it will be Obiwan. I'd prefer they did an Alec Guinness but Ewan would probably be a better choice for SS market wise.
Anakin wouldn't be a bad choice, might be nice to set him up with the Vader figure.
I'm planning on steering clear of all Prequel material though. And my CC is praying that wont change once I've seen Ep.3.

re

Not Obi-wan - we've already seen the prototype pics for New Hope Obi and this states 'new character'. My bets on Greivous! :clap

Re: re

we've already seen the prototype pics for New Hope Obi

We have? Why do I always miss out on news like that :thwak
Any place where I could see those?

Re

How about this to display our 1/4 statues in?

StarWarsCabinet.jpg

It's a https://www.starwarsshop.com exclusive. It's going to be available soon to order.

Re: Re

OK, I give up. I think I've been to every category I can think of that would have this listed. Alas, I can find no mention of this display case on www.starwarsshop.com. What am I missing? Is it hiding in plain sight? Is there a link that will take me to it directly? I would love to order one when they're available! :banana

Re: Re

Migwit, the display case is not on the site yet. They are going to premier it at CIII and then it should be available to order sometime after that. I am curious to get more details and pricing about it. It is being advertised as a display case in conjunction with the new Pride display dioramas due out this summer. I also saw one report from a guy who says he saw earlier prototypes of cases from this company being sold for $1000 on ebay. Not sure about the price on this one yet.

RE: NEw Character from Episode III

MY money's on Darth Sidious. He really comes into his own in Episode III.

I'd love to see an ROTJ Emperor.

Re: RE: NEw Character from Episode III

I hope that it will be Grievous, and I agree with Azog: they could make it metal, cloth, and polystone with the possibility of multiple light-up sabers.:drool

That Star Wars case looks too small to display 1/4 figures in. It doesn't look like it has enough room vertically. Vader is 20" tall after all, and the others are in the 17"-18" range. I also think it's way too small for my needs. I plan on buying many of the 1/4 figures, and that case would only fit a few. I would need to buy like 3 of those cases to fit all of them in. They need to make the bottom black panel into another glass shelf.

I think it will be a Grievous.

I think he will probably be 20 Inches tall.

I would like 4 Light Sabers like the Deluxe Figure.

Not 2 Sabers, 1Blaster and 1 free Hand like the Unleashed Figure.

It would be cool it they can make him with mixed media.

We shall see.

Mike
:ted

Oxbeard, thanks, I thought I was just going crazy because I couldn't find that case on the starwarsshop site! I was only interested in it if it worked for the 1/4 figures, so since it doesn't sound like that's going to be the case, I can relax and plan on displaying the figures another way! :lol :dance

RE

Greivous and Palpy are 2 great choices for a 1/4 scale. IMO I think it will be this guy :thud CLONE COMMANDER!!!

rots0533clonecmdrloose.jpg

And if not him exactly, another Clone of somekind. Would be cool! :drool

Re: RE

Scott I agree the Commander needs to be made! I would love it if turned out be him. Have you seen I cant remeber which one either the Art of or Making of ROTS?
The Clone Trooper designs they have for the new movie wow look awesome!!

Speaking of the Commander Ive searched all over for him and cant find him anywere in my town.:bang

I don't think he's been released yet. I would say look for him in the next few weeks. I don't have him either :rolleyes

Special opps trooper would be cool as well.

IMO they should do a 1/4 scale Greedo :google :yay

I've seen scattered reports of people finding the clone commander, but I have had no such luck.

Well like many, I have gone under the ROTS Star Wars Fever, what can we say!! The bad guys just rule!!!!! :rock Anyways, looking at this at a marketing or money making view, it would be insane for the next 1/4 scale figure not to be something really good from ROTS. I would say Grievous, Palpatine, or a clone. The crowd would just jump on these so fast! I would love to see a DARK ANNIE with removable hood, heck even with the sith eyes, but I think Sideshow may wait on that. Now back to the clones, Oh yes, the sepcial ops trooper, or the red shocker clone, god I hope Sideshow is reading this thread now! And for some reason, I would assume many exclusives. Whatever the next 1/4 fig is, Sideshow will make us proud. :rock

Back