Indiana Jones Console Game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been waiting for that game forever! And I thought it was very strange they missed tying into the new movie last summer.

What went wrong? If they can release a million new Star Wars titles every month, what was the problem with Indy?

Last edited:
Hey! It looks like they're releasing a new Indy game this spring after all -- though it's not quite official yet.

Here's the link to the trailer:

https://kotaku.com/5138380/indiana-jones-and-the-staff-of-kings-hits-wii-in-spring-says-new-trailer

Bad news is it's not for PS3 or 360, but it is coming out for the Wii. Since I happen to own one I'll be looking forward to picking this one up -- and I'm glad Wii owners aren't getting the shaft, for once.

Indy looks good (though the trailer is obviously a pre-render) and I just hope they got a decent voice actor.

Ohw please let this game also come to the Xbox360 or PS3. I'm dying to play a Indy game. (Lego Indy is pretty cool though:gun)

Hey! It looks like they're releasing a new Indy game this spring after all -- though it's not quite official yet.

Here's the link to the trailer:

https://kotaku.com/5138380/indiana-jones-and-the-staff-of-kings-hits-wii-in-spring-says-new-trailer

Bad news is it's not for PS3 or 360, but it is coming out for the Wii. Since I happen to own one I'll be looking forward to picking this one up -- and I'm glad Wii owners aren't getting the shaft, for once.

Indy looks good (though the trailer is obviously a pre-render) and I just hope they got a decent voice actor.

Eh. This is pure shovelware. They simply took the game that was being developed for 360/PS3 and dumbed it down for Wii and PS2. F-you, LucasArts.

I love that trailer!

It's disappointing that we won't be able to get this on 360...but It's better than the alternative of not getting it at all...

I guess the biggest problem is finding a Wii to play it on. :D
Trev

The problem is the game was designed on and around a next-gen physics engine that the Wii cannot come close to running. So all of that will be stripped away and "dumbed down". And my guess is the result will be a very, very bad game.

The problem is the game was designed on and around a next-gen physics engine that the Wii cannot come close to running. So all of that will be stripped away and "dumbed down". And my guess is the result will be a very, very bad game.

You don't know that. The Wii can run the Call of Duty 4 engine, just without the level of graphical detail. Yes, the game has some limitations -- smaller maps, no zombie mode, virtually no co-op -- but the core game is still there.

The new Indy game could be shovelware, it might not. I'll be satisfied as long as it's a fun gaming experience, and I won't be looking for the level of graphical detail we saw in the trailer.

Oh, it's definitely shovelware. I had it confirmed.

Yeah, whatever. Stew in your bitter juices, pal.

If this game is good and sells well, hopefully it'll get LucasArts to realize they need to come out with more Indy games. It'd be good for them to get off the "nothing but Star Wars" kick they've been on for far too long. :whip

Screenshots are up on www.ign.com.

It's good to see they've actually got Indy wearing his jacket in one of the screenshots. I've been wondering why in these games they never have him in his jacket.

Can't wait to snap the Wii-mote and hear the crack of the whip through the speaker! They better have gotten that part right, at least...

Back