Which Hot Toys Joker to get?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPrime

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey, I don't frequent the DC forum very often, but I'm tempted to get one of the Dark Knight Jokers... any advice on which? What's the better figure and/or value out of the two?

I'd probably have to say the Bank Robber one has way more value and is the better figure. It has a superior sculpt, more accessories, display options, and two heads. Although the first one has the iconic suit from the movie, I would still go with the bank robber one.

Bank Robber. He comes with better accessories, although you will be missing his signature purple outfit. I still think the improved head looks best on the BR clothes holding the mask.

Depends on which sculpt you like better. If you're ok with the v.1 sculpt, get the first Joker with the iconic purple suit from the movie. If you absolutely hate that sculpt though.. get the BR Joker.

OR..

You could get the v.1 Joker and then try to score a BR head sculpt off EBay. Only problem: they usually go for $45+ usd not including S&H. Some as high as $70 usd + S&H.

So it really depends on you and your personal tastes.

Like I said, it's all about the head sculpt. In the long run, the iconic suit that everyone is praising won't mean a damn thing if you can't stand the head sculpt of the v.1 Joker. If you can only buy one.. and you're not sure if you'll buy another, go with the BR Joker. The head sculpt is superior.. and realistically.. that's the main thing you'll be looking at.

I'd say both. But if you want just 1, I recommend buying the bank robber version.

I would go with the V1 and pick up a head from the Bank Robber version. Unless you really care that the headsculpt, though very good, is not screen accurate - in that case, get the BR Joker.

Of course, if you have the $$, get em both. They are both fantastic figs.

i bought v1 suit and then got a head on ebay. but when i got the v1 toy i was disappointed with its lack of accessories compared to other hot toys. he only has 4 hands, cards ,and some 1 dollar bills. Where as the other hot toys i have gotten have like 6 hands and lots of weapons and 2 heads. I will tell you this though after i put the nice head on it and straightened out all the crumpled clothes he does look great. i would hate to have to look at the boring ass gray suit forever.

Bankrobber for the sculpt and version one for the purple outfit.

Wouldn't even have considered buying the robber if it had not included the better sculpt for switching.

I was fortunate enough to be able to get both. If I was forced though to get one, and only one, I would get the Bank Robber Joker over the original.

although the bank robber version is better imo, get the v1 joker because it will look odd just having the br joker. thats what im going to do, im gonna get the dark knight version batman then the v1 joker then the br joker and then IRONMAN :rock

Back