My Bat Pod review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
If you're a fan of Hot Toys and a fan of the Dark Knight, than the rest of this week is right up your alley. Tonight I have my review up of the extremely cool (but extremely expensive) Hot Toys sixth scale Bat Pod. I love it. I really do. But Batman still doesn't fit all that well on it, and it's designed for him! But that's a minor quibble overall, and it's really what you're getting for the price that hold's this back from a perfect score across the board.

Over at Quick Stop, there will be a review going up of the Hot Toys Dark Knight Joker and Batman busts. It's not up there yet, but it should be any minute now...and on Thursday, I'll be running my review of the Bank Robber Joker and Jeff Parker's look at the Bat Pod as well! That's a lot of Hot Toys Batman stuff.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

And don't forget to vote in the People's Picks! The voting is wrapping up in the next couple days, so you better get your ballot in now:

https://www.mwctoys.com/poppies_peoplepicks_2008.htm

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Great review... I got mine 2 Days ago and only opened it last night... It's great although I don't like how the arm guards aren't properly secured and pop off all the time!

Awesome still!

That Pod is gorgeous, love your Opening shot of it lit up, Michael. :D

As for the Tumbler, I have one on order and am pumped for it, but based on the proto it seems lacking in interior detail. No "accordian" panel screens above the window line, etc. I do hope HT adds more detail and accuracy to it.

Great review. Certainly answered many of my questions, but I do have one more. How does the included cape compair to the cape that the TDK Batman comes with? Is it longer? The shortness of that cape has been my only gripe.

Hmmm - I'll try to get it out tomorrow again to compare directly, but I think it might be a smidge longer with the wires. It's definitely more scalloped along the bottom edge.

Hmmm - I'll try to get it out tomorrow again to compare directly, but I think it might be a smidge longer with the wires. It's definitely more scalloped along the bottom edge.

Well, regardless it looks great on the pod and that is what matters. Can't wait to get mine and the Tumbler (hopefully!).

I'm curious about the score you gave the batpod in the Sculpting section of your review. Did you deduct the half star because the design of the Batpod interfered with your attempts to get Batman in a good position? It read more like it was the HT Batman's articulation that was at fault. At least, that's the impression I got from reading your review.

Great review either way.

I'd love to get this, along with Batman and a Joker to do that scene when he's going at Joker and Joker's yelling "Hit me!"

Excellent review all around Michael. This is one of those one that I would love to pick up if I had the money or the space. Sadly I have neither. I'll really look forward to the Bank Robber Joker review on Thursday.

yes..good review. sounds like keeping the handle bars in place is the only constant gripe I've heard.
I can't wait to get this and the Tumbler in hand myself..
I still have to figure out where/how all my TDK stuff is gonna be.

Great review as always Micheal. Yes, I agree that the price is quite on the steep side

Great review as always Micheal. Yes, I agree that the price is quite on the steep side

Yes, yes it is. The Tumbler seems like a much better value based on what you get vs what you pay with the Batpod. Heck, technically the Batpod is in the Tumbler so you are only paying 2/5 more to get the rest :lol

i cannot get over how awesome this batpod is. truly a milestone in the 1/6 world. cant wait for the tumbler.
²
That Pod is gorgeous, love your Opening shot of it lit up, Michael. :D

As for the Tumbler, I have one on order and am pumped for it, but based on the proto it seems lacking in interior detail. No "accordian" panel screens above the window line, etc. I do hope HT adds more detail and accuracy to it.

that would be nice, but I doubt it can be done for real. Cause the interious you see in the movies is actually a studio-set. I guess they could not fit the interiour into the real tumbler. So maybe that is why they also cannot make such an interiour into the 1/6 scale model..
I think it would also be hard to put panel screens into that moving mechanisme of the roof...again: it was a studio.

But it would be nice though :)

Great write up Mike, and some very sweet photo's there.
We don't seem too far appart on this one, but I didn't seem to suffer as much as others getting Bats to sit on the Pod without the hand grips coming off.
But as you say there is no way on darwins Earth you could 'play' with it, just get it how you want it then display!

I'm curious about the score you gave the batpod in the Sculpting section of your review. Did you deduct the half star because the design of the Batpod interfered with your attempts to get Batman in a good position? It read more like it was the HT Batman's articulation that was at fault. At least, that's the impression I got from reading your review.

Great review either way.
yeah, I wonder too, didn't the sculpt deserve a 4 stars-rating? it was thé most notable feature of this model, how movie accurate it was, on every detail, even on the wireing...
They even got details under the seat, they got the handles moving. Why the 3 1/2?

Yeah the price is the only thing holding me back from getting one of these after I did some measurements and found a perfect spot to display it. I might wait later on down the road and see if I can get it cheaper.

Great review, Michael. I love your site.

yeah, I wonder too, didn't the sculpt deserve a 4 stars-rating? it was thé most notable feature of this model, how movie accurate it was, on every detail, even on the wireing...
They even got details under the seat, they got the handles moving. Why the 3 1/2?

It was the overall frustration of getting Batman on the bike and getting it to work as designed. It is supposed to carry him, not be a stand alone piece. A large part of that frustration was the popping off handle bars - it wasn't that the Batman figure couldn't reach or hold the grips, it was trying to get him to do that on both sides while getting the assembly to stay together. At $250 I expect the figure to be able to ride the bike, especially a figure as well articulated as their own Batman.

Back