GG FS Statues and me

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking28

Super Freak
Reaction score
Rearranged my setup a couple weeks back (with the addition of a GG Dewback diorama) and something happened. At that time my Vader GG statue was below eye level and I always thought he was a cool looking statue.
But then I move him above eye level and now I dont think he is that great looking at all, in fact I will most likely get rid of him soon. It's just funny how something like that can change your perspective on a piece.
I think Im done with collecting their FS SW statues and just stick with Sideshow (Plus Sideshow's Vader is going to rule!) and maybe pick up a Attkus at some point. Plus I hate collecting lines were you have to wait for so long for the next release to be released.

I'll still pick up a bust or two but the FS statues I'll just skip.

Viking28 said:
Rearranged my setup a couple weeks back (with the addition of a GG Dewback diorama) and something happened. At that time my Vader GG statue was below eye level and I always thought he was a cool looking statue.
But then I move him above eye level and now I dont think he is that great looking at all, in fact I will most likely get rid of him soon. It's just funny how something like that can change your perspective on a piece.
I think Im done with collecting their FS SW statues and just stick with Sideshow (Plus Sideshow's Vader is going to rule!) and maybe pick up a Attkus at some point. Plus I hate collecting lines were you have to wait for so long for the next release to be released.

I'll still pick up a bust or two but the FS statues I'll just skip.

That's cool. I disagree about the Vader statue but hey to each their own. I'll grab SS Vader at somepoint when I have more room and money. I am seriously thinking about getting the Attakus Greivous though.

The thing about GG that I totally agree with people on is how freaking long they take to get the next new item out to pre-order then release.

Gruson said:
Another person has seen the light.

;)

IYO of course. :D

So if you collect GG are you looked at as someone who collects cheap crappy products? If so who decided that was the case?

Did I miss something?? Cheap crappy products??? Was that said somewere?

Viking28 said:
Did I miss something?? Cheap crappy products??? Was that said somewere?

It wasn't said directly. I'm just tossing this out there to those that seem to look down upon GG or even some SSW items because they now only collect Attakus, 1/4th, or MR.

Ahh ok well for me Ive had two Chewi's both have been bad and the Vader I have the bottom part of the base(were the info is displayed) is seperating from the base. Yea its a easy glue fix but still.......

But I dont know to me there is other products I would rather focus my funds twords. And I cant stand collecting a line were their is so much space between releases or even hearing about upcoming releases.
And again just decided dont like their FS releases.

They arent like Sideshow were there might be a space in one line but your bound to see something cool in another line.

Viking28 said:
Ahh ok well for me Ive had two Chewi's both have been bad and the Vader I have the bottom part of the base(were the info is displayed) is seperating from the base. Yea its a easy glue fix but still.......

Yeah, I've heard the Chewi didn't come out so well. That sucks about your Vader though what a bunch of crap that the base is coming apart. Luckily my base is doing well. (knock on wood)

Viking28 said:
But I dont know to me there is other products I would rather focus my funds towards. And I cant stand collecting a line were their is so much space between releases or even hearing about upcoming releases.
And again just decided dont like their FS releases.

I totally understand that. It just cracks me up when some collectors move on that what they collect now is just way better than what they collected before. Not so much that they feel this way mind you cause they have a right to feel this way but how the post comes reads. Because some people don't feel that way that collect those lines.

Viking28 said:
They arent like Sideshow were there might be a space in one line but your bound to see something cool in another line.

I totally agree. That's why SS is a much better company with better products as a whole.

I've got the Chewie and the C3PO statues. Pleased with both, will likely keep the Chewie unless SS is able to do an outstanding 1/4. Still undecided about 3PO. Not planning on any others though, just getting spread too thin.

I been seeing quite a few criticize GG because the announcements in their FS line are so far apart. Of course, they get criticized too because the announcements for product in their bust line are too plentiful with an over abundance of variants. I actually wouldn't mind a slow down in some of the lines I'm collecting just to give a little time to breath. Feeling a little overwhelmed with all of the announcements from other lines and companies.

Don't get me wrong seeing the new stuff is very exciting, but having to pay for it as it all comes in at the same time can get very dicey. :horror

Im one of those who does complain about their bust line BECAUSE you have maybe 5 or so busts a year and maybe half are exclusives to this or that.
Their Maul looks cool but I think Sideshow's version will be the one to get or just place that twords the SS bust. Just becoming more picky on what I spend funds on is all.

I recently sold my Vader, the SS version will be the best no doubt!

I am likely going to sell my GG busts as well, I think I have just lost interest in them. I would really have preferred them to have a raised column (a la SS), their low profile somewhat bothers me.

After the long delays for SS LOTR pieces, then sudden floods, I am never going to complain about someone taking a while to get products out to market again.

I think they should try to shorten the window, but MOST importantly, if they give a release date, which they should at time of release, stick to it as much as possible. There are always unforseen delays, but I would rather wait a year knowing that something will definately be coming in a year, then be waiting two years, and constantly seeing TBD or slipping dates constantly.

I only have a few GG SW pieces, but have been very please so far. They will continue to get my business.

i agree with most of you guys. with the stiff competition out there and the high prices a lot of people cant afford to just throw the money around buying everything. i happen to like the GG statues a lot, but i also happen to like the sideshow ones much better. i have the darth vader GG and the Scout Biker and maul on order and after those im going to stop with the GG line until they come out with something that i absolutely must have. seems that everybody is doing a vader and grievous statue/bust/figure just because of the movie buzz and i have a feeling that when the SS grievous comes there will be many people putting them on ebay because he will lose his coolness by the time he finally arrives.

I love GG stuff, I have over 20 pieces and not one of them arrived broken or with shoddy paint jobs like collectibles I have gotten from other companies. I also love the material that the bust are made of which I think is resin, which to me feels alot better than polystone. Their stuff is top notch in my opinion :joy

First of all , that kind of post is not constructive, every manufacturer have a fan base that loves their pieces, and when you say one is better than another it’s very likely that some dicussion will follow .

Anyway I’m sure me and a lot of other people have exactly the opposite opinion that you have. IMO until now every statue released by GG have a better pose and likeness than the Attakus versions, it’s simple to see that: Attakus ‘s C3PO looks terrible it isn’t even gold plated. Chewie: the GG fur looks much more natural and the likeness to the creature is better, Vader, Attakus Vader is very nice, but IMO the GG pose is much more dynamic.
I agree that GG should release more than 3 or so pieces a year, but apart from that flaw it’s one of the best movie collectible manufacturer on the market.

Last edited:
RodLonghi said:
First of all , that kind of post is not constructive, every manufacturer have a fan base that loves their pieces, and when you say one is better than another it’s very likely that some dicussion will follow .

Is it my post you are talking about? Just reread what I posted just to be sure, I dont know were I am saying that one manufacturer is better than the other. I just dont have any luck with the FS statues.
But again I stated I will be picking up their busts and I will be getting Trinity on the bike! :google

Anyway I’m sure me and a lot of other people have exactly the opposite opinion that you have. IMO until now every statue released by GG have a better pose and likeness than the Attakus versions, it’s simple to see that: Attakus ‘s C3PO looks terrible it isn’t even gold plated. Chewie: the GG fur looks much more natural and the likeness to the creature is better, Vader, Attakus Vader is very nice, but IMO the GG pose is much more dynamic.
I agree that GG should release more than 3 or so pieces a year, but apart from that flaw it’s one of the best movie collectible manufacturer on the market.

Its a matter of taste with only seeing pics of the Attakus Vader I(my opion) is the one I would prefer if I had the funds to aquire. But I do think Sideshow's version will be the best, but that is just me. Im not trying to hurt anybodys feelings or anything and I am not running GG Vader into the ground just Sideshows version (to me) will be better.

And I totally disagree with you Sideshow is the best movie collectible manufacturer in the market.

And plus I stated its kind of strange when you move a piece to a different level of I guess sight. It changed how I saw it thought that was kind of strange.

Never bought any of the GG stuff but I like the speeder
bike and dewback statues. And their busts always seem
really well done.

Just have run out of room and only collect Attakus and MR
star wars pieces.

Viking28 said:
and I will be getting Trinity on the bike! :google
And I must say, Trinity on Motorcycle is spectacular!!! GG nailed this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back