GG Yoda 1:1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welsh Wizard

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Anybody know the latest info on the GG 1:1 Scale Yoda statue??

Cant seem to find any links to it.

Or if any of the board retailers have it to pre/order ??

Thanks

WW :confused:

I have all but compleely given up on hearing anything regarding this....I assume you mean the 1:1 Gentle Giant Yoda with Light-up Saber and Sound FX, right?

I am so annoyed....I ahve been making serious inquiries to GG and they do not even respond to e-mails.

I think it is incredibly unfair that people who attended the two big summer CONS were able to preorder this and the rest of us just have to wait ad se...

Terrible.

It was solicited in the UK Previews last month, so I would expect us to start seeing it, unless is an international exclusive..

I saw this at SDCC and if I had 1k to toss around for a 1:1 scale I'd get this. It was so awesome looking that if you have a just awesome movie room this would be a must have.

jlcmsu said:
I saw this at SDCC and if I had 1k to toss around for a 1:1 scale I'd get this. It was so awesome looking that if you have a just awesome movie room this would be a must have.

Movie Room - Check
1K to toss around - Hmm....No, but I can charge it! - So, Check
Information regarding and ability to pre-order this amazing statue - NO!

Sir Tristram said:
1K to toss around - Hmm....No, but I can charge it! - So, Check
Information regarding and ability to pre-order this amazing statue - NO!

im in the same boat you are in--- i just put all my star wars pre orders on the charge card and pay them off as i go. im slowly putting some money aside for the darth maul bust though. im afraid if the wife catches a bill for that much on the card i will no longer be recognizeable as a man.

LOTRFan said:
Then you would be a hairless wookie ...? :confused:
very true!!!!

man that picture on the link looks pretty nice, wish i had the money for it. i would really like to have a 1:1 of yoda. and so far that is one of the best looking ones ive seen (im the ESB illusive conepts fan)

Is there any place in the US that has him for sale? Im surprised SWS doesnt have him up.

Viking28 said:
Is there any place in the US that has him for sale? Im surprised SWS doesnt have him up.

Give it a little time...Azog mentioned that the UK Previews sometimes has stuff before the US. Not sure if that's always the case, but we'll find out shortly I'd guess.

Lots of times Diamond will put stuff up months and months before the manufacter is actually ready for it to be anounced. They used to do it all the time with SS when ss was still with them they annouced the Ugluk at least a month if not more before SS did. Shortly after that SS no longer used them.

jimmyjamesf said:
Lots of times Diamond will put stuff up months and months before the manufacter is actually ready for it to be anounced. They used to do it all the time with SS when ss was still with them they annouced the Ugluk at least a month if not more before SS did. Shortly after that SS no longer used them.

Wow...I can't imagine anyone announcing products before Sideshow...seems like they announce far enough in advance as it is. Heck...anything over 4 months away is too early an announcement IMO. The fact that it's so far away also means it's more likely to be delayed.

jimmyjamesf said:

Bob, do you have any word on whether or not this is still a con exclusive? I'd love to order this from you.

It wasn't SUPPOSED to be a CON-Exclusive! THat is the big problem here....It was only being presold there to test the waters...
I have spoken to some dealers that claimed they will be allowed to get a few of these from GG, but they have not heard anything since the summer!

GG is a terrible company for information...and they will NOT respond to e-mails. Incredible.

Back