new TDK Joker sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SovereignStudio

Super Freak
Reaction score
Something I've been playing around with for a while now. I wanted a Joker head that would allow me to change the make-up scheme so I designed a replaceable face Joker sculpt. It also allowed some dimension with the hair, lifting it off his face a bit. I haven't made a mold for the hair portion of the sculpt, so it's still gray. Then I thought, why stop there? So, I've done a couple different hairstyles, too. I may also do a nurse and honor guard version, too if there's any interest. It's a three-pice sculpt: face, neck and cranium with molded hair.

newjoker1.jpg

newjoker2.jpg

newjoker3.jpg

As far as being JUST an interpretation of The Joker, it's sick. I like it. Like how I like the HT V.1 Joker sculpt strictly as an interpretation of the character Joker.

But as far as a TDK Heath Ledger Joker, nah. Not even remotely close. And again, this comment is because the thread title states "TDK Joker Sculpt".

As far as the quality of the sculpt, it's top notch like all your work. You definitely have your own style.. and your own way of presenting characters. Not dead on likenesses though. Good work man.

As far as being JUST an interpretation of The Joker, it's sick. I like it. Like how I like the HT V.1 Joker sculpt strictly as an interpretation of the character Joker.

But as far as a TDK Heath Ledger Joker, nah. Not even remotely close. And again, this comment is because the thread title states "TDK Joker Sculpt".

As far as the quality of the sculpt, it's top notch like all your work. You definitely have your own style.. and your own way of presenting characters. Not dead on likenesses though. Good work man.

I guess everyone has their idea of what this character looks like :cool: I don't care for any of the sculpts I've seen, they're always too sinister-looking or something. And most are painted FAR too elborately; shiny make-up, that smear over his right eye, which he only had in one scene. Some paints I've seen, they even have that smear on both sides, as if it were part of the design. When I look at the mob meeting scene, I see what I sculpted. He's going down in history as a tough sculpt. Everyone sees what they want to :banghead

Other than the eye make-up not being big enough and the frown lines not sreading quite wide eough, what would you change? Looking at your side-by-side, I have to disagree with you a bit. I think it's a hell of a lot better than "not even remotely close". :monkey3

i think it looks exactly like the photo, except for the side of the mouth, it looks a bit too thick...great job though, looks great.

It's a great sculpt, but to tell the truth, it looks a little like Harvey Keitel to me.

comparison1ur9.png
mod1ck9.png

Couple modifications

If you notice, regardless if Heath is smiling or has a completely relaxed face there's also a spread around the smile lines of his cheeks because of the prosthetics he's wearing. That's the biggest thing throwing off your sculpt imo. You have his cheeks/smile lines bunched together which looks like an old lady's mouth or something. Also you have the lips almost frowning, which further adds to that old lady look imo. Slightly widend the bridge of the nose. SLIGHTLY.. so it wasn't so thin. SLIGHTLY adjusted the eyes to be a little closer. Worked on the mouth.
dk2.jpg

I really like this one Shawn. :rock Aside from a few minor tweaks here and there it looks like a good Heath Joker to me.

modified, since Devil 666 loves to complain. Just kidding, man. Your input is always honest, detailed and constructive. Don't be surprised if I start bouncing pics off of you via PM before they go to the board.

newjokermod1.jpg

newjokermod2.jpg

newjokermod2b.jpg

newjokermod3.jpg

And some photoshop fun......

newjokerwidescreenDOTHINGS2.jpg

i like it the frowny mouth was the biggest flaw i saw in the earlier ones, i think ledger only frowned in one or 2 shots the whole movie. his lips were generally neutral.

newest shots look really good.

Back