TDK Award Winnings List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Since a lot of folks are interested in seeing TDK succeed, I figure it'd be easiest to have a cumulative list and location listing all the awards it gets. Thanks to McHavyck for the TCCA information.

TDK Awards Listing

The Critics' Choice Awards
-Best Action Film
-Best Supporting Actor, Heath Ledger

Austin Film Critics Association
-Best Film
-Best Director

Utah Film Critics Association
-Best Picture
-Best Supporting Performance by an Actor, Heath Ledger

African American Film Critics Association
-Best Picture

Southeastern Film Critics Association

Alliance of Women Film Journalists

San Francisco Film Critics Circle

New York Film Critics

Boston Society of Film Critics

Chicago Film Critics

Detroit Film Critics

Broadcast Film Critics Association

Houston Critics Association

Online Film Critics Awards
-Best Director, Christopher Nolan
-Best Cinematography
-Best Original Score, Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard

GOLDEN GLOBES

Last edited:
I'd love to see an oscar for Ledger but I just don't see the "crotchity crusty old man" group giving him one.

I'd love to see an oscar for Ledger but I just don't see the "crotchity crusty old man" group giving him one.

You'd be surprised at what the old men will do. If he wins this Sunday at the Golden Globes, it will most likely secure him the posthumous Oscar.

Hey Sean, the Houston Critics Association also named Heath Ledger Best Supporting Actor. Just FYI :)
I'm sure there are probably a lot more associations that have done so.

good to see tdk doing well in some circles, i think ledger got a decent shot at the supporting oscar, tho i think the films got a snowballs chance in hell at best pic at the oscars, either way might be the first time i have watched the oscars in maybe 10 years.

if Jack Sparrow and Al Pacino for in ^^^^ Tracy can get nominated, he also at least could get nominated, at the least...

Hey Sean, the Houston Critics Association also named Heath Ledger Best Supporting Actor. Just FYI :)
I'm sure there are probably a lot more associations that have done so.

Please share any you come by, so far my list is generated from posts scattered about, I really don't know where some folks find all their information, I just figured instead of scattered posts, a nice consolidated list would be nice for people.

Yes Ledger deserves all those awards and should get the Golden Globe and Oscar as well. I'm hoping at least.

The only thing dissappointing to me is how often only Heath's getting nods. Yes he did great, and maybe from a film critics perspective he's the only thing worth awarding, but as a general audience member, his performance wasn't the only good thing about the movie.

if Jack Sparrow and Al Pacino for in ^^^^ Tracy can get nominated, he also at least could get nominated, at the least...

He will for sure get nominated but they seem to shy away from the blockbuster summer action flicks and stick to the "artsy" films for the winners.

Please share any you come by, so far my list is generated from posts scattered about, I really don't know where some folks find all their information, I just figured instead of scattered posts, a nice consolidated list would be nice for people.

I just know cause the Houston paper had their best of 2008 recently. :rotfl:rotfl
But your list is just as extensive as ones I've seen. I know that Aint It Cool website has a big list somewhere.

People's Choice Awards Acceptance :D
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/EUwsQa4KgNM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/EUwsQa4KgNM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nice!!! Didn't know People's Choice aired yet. Awesome to see Bale, Eckhart and Nolan on the stage together. Very cool of Bale to say "Here's to Heath!". So sad he doesn't get to enjoy the awards and also the movie that would have made him a superstar.

Back