Which Wonka will win?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looks like Medicom is competing with Gentle Giant with a 12" Wonka. Looks to be a bit more detailed, but whether it's worth what is sure to be at least a $125 difference....

cf_02.jpg

cf_03.jpg

Neither look so good. NECA's 18"er is the best one made yet except he is a bit too pale. He is nearly Joker white (come to think of it, Depp would make a good Joker). I wish Sideshow could have made a 12" Wonka :(

GENE WILDER!!!

Bodie The Cursed said:

ABSOLUTELY !!!!. The Wonka Original is a classic and I don't even want to see the new movie so I'm certainly not going to buy any statues of the new one.

I would love an Original Umpa-Lumpa Statue, how cool would that be??!! :banana

Shell
x :D

Adoptedscot you must see Tim Burtons Willy Wonka! Its excellent, MUCH different to the original though. It's also much more faithful to the books, except for the ending(I think) Johnny Depp plays Wonka SO well.

BDboystoys said:
Adoptedscot you must see Tim Burtons Willy Wonka! Its excellent, MUCH different to the original though. It's also much more faithful to the books, except for the ending(I think) Johnny Depp plays Wonka SO well.

Hiya,:wave

I just don't wanna. When I heard they were re-making it I was dubious but then I saw the trailers for it on TV and I really don't like what they've done with it.
To me Willy Wonka will always be Gene Wilder(or vice versa?).The original to me is a timeless classic.It's got everything from despair,grief to comedy,fun and a very happy ending.Total feel good movie.

I've read the write-ups and about how well Depp plays Wonka but IMO there are certain films that should not be re-made, some that are unbeatable as they are,Willy Wonka,The Time Machine,Jason & the Argonauts etc, are all up there.Nothing but the originals will do for me with these, sorry.

Shell

wow,
So you guys who like Gene Wilder better haven't even seen the new 1?
Talk about keeping an open mind.
:google

& if you judge movies by their trailers...check this cool trailer out!
"Shining"
:joy

Anyways, I saw the GG Wonka figure in their studios & I thought it ROCKED!

*ss*

Hi,

I don't know if all the people who prefer the Gene Wilder Wonka have seen the new film or not, all I said is I havn't.

I thought that was part of the purpose for trailers, to intice you, or not as the case may be?!.From the trailers and the bits I've seen all I know is I won't like it.
Personally speaking if I see a film I like the look of (from trailers,interviews etc) I will get it.If I don't I won't. Plain and simple.

It's all personal preference,each to their own.Life would be very dull if we all liked the same stuff.

Shell

Personally I love the original and although I'm a huge Depp fan, just couldn't get into the remake. But I do think that Wonka's design is cool and I'll be getting one or both of these dolls.

I always thought that judging a 2 hour film through a 2 min trailer was like
judging a book by it's cover. But to each their own... I guess.

By the way, see that trailer in the link above called "Shining".
It's well worth it & proves my point completely.
:naughty

*ss*

Back