Help with broken Hot Toys bank robber Joker?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

Wookiee Breath

Hello all, figured this would be the best place for some advice so here goes:

Went to pop off the Joker's head for the first time and had terrible trouble. I have the 3 other HT Dark Knight figures and with a little twisting they pop right off. Anyway, the head popped off but it left the ring from inside the head attached to the neck peg.

I got the ring off the neck fine but am wondering what would be the best type of glue to use to put it back inside the head?

Also, would it help to sand down the insides of the rings in the heads so they won't be so difficult to remove?

Any help would be hot because I'm majorly bummed over this.
Why doesn't Hot Toys use a solid mold for the head?:confused:

I imagine I'll have this problem too when mine gets to me. It is a wonder that they made it that way, out of all of their DK figures this is the one that is most likely to have its head changed. It also would have saved some trouble if he had came with his slicked back hair head already attached, would never even have to put the main sculpt on the BR body.

I imagine I'll have this problem too when mine gets to me. It is a wonder that they made it that way, out of all of their DK figures this is the one that is most likely to have its head changed. It also would have saved some trouble if he had came with his slicked back hair head already attached, would never even have to put the main sculpt on the BR body.

I keep asking the same question. Why didnt they just do that? It would be so much easier. I cant wait to have to deal with taking my Jokers heads off when they show up. :rolleyes:

Thanks.

I was just wondering if they used some special glue in the factory that would not harm the plastic.
It's a major bummer because everything else about the figure is fantastic.

Has anyone had this problem with the original Joker head when they took it off?

Even once I glue the BR Joker head back together I'll be scared the same thing will happen to the head I'm pulling off the purple suited body.:confused:

Yup it sucks, when it got mine i had to be really careful it was like I was performing surgery it took me an hour, because i took it off and forgot about the tie so i had to due it again. My buddy order the joker version 1 thru Joe and I have to help because im sure I he will break it.

Can't you just heat the neck plug where it connects directly to the ball joint on the body itself and pop the whole thing off instead of trying to pop just the head off? Seems like it'd be loads easier.

The Chinese factories use the cheapest super glue they can find in attaching the neck rings inside the head, so any cheap-o brand will not damage the PVC head.

But If you are worried, I can recommend ZAP-A-GAP brand of crazy glues. It's one of the strongest CA-type glues availble, used by plastic modelers and R/C guys...even grease resistant. You can find them at hobby shops or even Michaels Art and Craft stores. I use Zap-A-Gap extensively for all my repairs and modifications.

BOBBY

Can't you just heat the neck plug where it connects directly to the ball joint on the body itself and pop the whole thing off instead of trying to pop just the head off? Seems like it'd be loads easier.

If I have any trouble pulling it off, then I'll probably go ahead and just pull the adapter off.

Bank Robber Joker part of machine gun

When I took the machine gun out of the box, a little piece fell off, and I have no idea what it was...it looks like a mini black nut and I just hope its part of the gun...does anybody know what it is?

EDIT: Just found out that it's part of the swivel of the gun. Hopefully a little crazy glue can fix that.

Last edited:
The Chinese factories use the cheapest super glue they can find in attaching the neck rings inside the head, so any cheap-o brand will not damage the PVC head.

But If you are worried, I can recommend ZAP-A-GAP brand of crazy glues. It's one of the strongest CA-type glues availble, used by plastic modelers and R/C guys...even grease resistant. You can find them at hobby shops or even Michaels Art and Craft stores. I use Zap-A-Gap extensively for all my repairs and modifications.

BOBBY

Thanks for the tip! I have always been looking for a better substitute for Krazy Glue.

That's what I did. :) My BR Joker head was just stuck and didn't want to come off so I pulled the Jacket and shirt down to just above his waist and boiled and popped off the connector, did the same with ver1 Joker, switched heads, dried the bodies with a towel and readjusted the clothing and it's as simple as that.
I figured I didn't want to chance damaging the head, but if I damage the neck connector I can always buy a cheap one online.

I just switched clothes on mine.

First I took all the clothes off of BR Joker and took the head off along with the connector (only way it would come off). Next I put the regular Joker clothes on the BR body and attatched the BR Head. Finally I did the same thing with the alternate head but this time I put it on the regular body with the BR get up.

No damage, no heating, and no boiling.

Back