PDA

View Full Version : Ledger as Joker autograph - real or fake - ???

KingGrayskull
01-07-2009, 04:08 PM
mmh... Don't know if this is the right place... For me it is. :lol

I am looking for THE ultimate TDK collectible: a real Heath Ledger autograph signed on a Joker pic. :horror This would be the absolute grail of my whole colection and would look really nice next to my HT TDK figures...:naughty

BUT: Have you recognized, that almost every autograph - even with CEO - does look different. Let's be honest, NO actor changes his writing style. The autographs look pretty identical even over years. So why did Ledger's handwriting changed a dozen times on the Jokerpics? Simple answer: almost all of them even the ones with CEO must be fakes.

How can we seperate the truth from fake? Are there any trustful CEOs out there? Does anybody have an autograph that Ledger had definitly signed (best would be if you stood next to Ledger while he signed)...

As always, help would be appreciated. Maybe we can collect a few autographs by Ledger that are definitly no fakes to have a possibility to compare our items before purchasing them...

:)

Knowledge
01-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Well I can definitely help you in one way to narrow down alot of the fakes...

At the time of his death, there was only 1 possible photo of him out there as the Joker to sign:

The Original Leak:
http://www.buffyholt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/heath-ledger-the-joker-2.jpg

If there's a Ledger auto on a Joker pic that isn't that, then it's fake...

great1
01-07-2009, 04:30 PM
wasn't the Why So Serious poster also released before his death?

uscmhicks
01-07-2009, 04:30 PM

At the time of his death, there was only 1 possible photo of him out there as the Joker to sign:

The Original Leak:
http://www.buffyholt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/heath-ledger-the-joker-2.jpg

I have no idea about any of this so I'm probably wrong but wouldn't he have had access to a lot and maybe done them but not shown them ?.

SOLIDSNAKE
01-07-2009, 04:33 PM
good luck with that and If you do find the real deal be prepared to pay lots of money for it.

Chapter 2099
01-07-2009, 04:34 PM
I am so paranoid about autographs and their authenticity. Unless I can get on in person, then I'll pass. There's just WAY TOO MANY frauds out there. That's just my opinion.

But good luck on the search. I haven't the slightest clue about this one.

CelticPredator
01-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Well heres the thing....a lot of people were pretty skeptical about Ledger, even when that pic came out. It wasnt until December 14th when I Am Legend came out that people really started to get on the hype train. Ledger died on January 22, so that was what...39 days before his death? I dont think he was out hanging with the fans. So, i'm going on a hunch saying that no, there is no Ledger Joker autograph.

CelticPredator
01-07-2009, 04:41 PM

The Original Leak:

There was a lot more then that. A ton of leaked photos, but nothing big, or autograph worthy.

Knowledge
01-07-2009, 04:47 PM
There was a lot more then that. A ton of leaked photos, but nothing big, or autograph worthy.

That's what I'm refering to... Actual Photo's...

Alot of these fake auto's you see are of Joker pics that came out months and months after he died.

And I saw one "real" auto on the picture I posted before... But it was selling for like $500

Heath's auto was very simple. It's a "H" that almost looks like a "star" and a few waves.

Knowledge
01-07-2009, 04:48 PM
I have no idea about any of this so I'm probably wrong but wouldn't he have had access to a lot and maybe done them but not shown them ?.

Ofcourse...

But nothing that was released to the public for them to get him to sign...

azurepred
01-07-2009, 04:50 PM

i agree, just like athletes that receive items to autograph, they get the pictures before released to the public, and then released. but i am not sure if actors receive items in the same context because i dont think autos from actors are moved through big companies. if i were you, i would just look at the sellers feedback cause i assuming yur refering to ebay auctions. tough subject to comment on in the fact that heath passed not too long after production of the film.

Knowledge
01-07-2009, 04:52 PM
wasn't the Why So Serious poster also released before his death?

Yes it was... But it was almost impossible to get your hands on.

Let alone get close with Heath with to get him to sign it. It is possible that he signed some, but I'd be very wary of buying that item...

Knowledge
01-07-2009, 04:56 PM
i agree, just like athletes that receive items to autograph, they get the pictures before released to the public, and then released. but i am not sure if actors receive items in the same context because i dont think autos from actors are moved through big companies. if i were you, i would just look at the sellers feedback cause i assuming yur refering to ebay auctions. tough subject to comment on in the fact that heath passed not too long after production of the film.

Yeah, considering the role, the method acting involved, and the secrecy around the film... I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Heath was not signing private photo's in December and January... As I'm sure he planned on signing many many auto's of joker pics, but never got the chance to. :(

Miss.Harley.Quinn
01-07-2009, 05:58 PM
I agree.
If you think about it.

He died on the 22nd of January 2008.
He had completed his parts on The Dark Knight in October 2007.
And then he must have gone straight on to The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
Heath was half way through working on The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus when he died.
The Dark Knight wasnt released until July 2008, six months after Ledger's death.
I've just done a small search and I think the first trailers for The Dark Knight were released around Feb/March 2008? Maybe even January after Heath's death.
So I think Knowledge is right in saying there were only one or maybe even two pictures released of the Joker when Heath died.
I think, if I were you KingGrayskull, I'd go ahead and give up.
I'm sure if there's anybody in the world who has a picture of Heath as the Joker, signed by Heath himself... It would most likely be Nolan or someone like that.
And I haven't checked, but I'm sure there's a few ''Original autographed by HEATH LEDGER..blah blah blah'' stuff out there on Ebay and such, But I wouldn't even think about going near any of that.
You're gonna have people popping up saying they have stuff signed by Heath, but if you go and work it all out (dates, filming, and his death), there's a very, very slim chance you're gonna find someone who actually found an early (very early) picture of Heath as the Joker and printed it off, found Heath, and got him to sign it... and if they did, would they really be willing to sell it for any price?
I certainly wouldn't!

...I hope I made sense there!? Haha I'm a tad tired.

CelticPredator
01-07-2009, 06:00 PM
First trailer, released...well, techincly at Wizard World or whatever the hell its called, in july or something, but the first REAL trailer was released December 14th.

The Mike
01-07-2009, 07:29 PM
I thought we had a board member who bought a Why So Serious poster signed by Heath right before his death....I remember something about it in his death thread here....too lazy too look. Lets put it this way, did he sign stuff probably because a lot of the studios plan Charity things and stuff waaay in advance so they could have gotten his John Hancock before hand but you'll pay through the nose for it. Anything that seems like a bargain is probably inkstamped on there.

blakus939
01-08-2009, 08:18 AM
I'm in the same boat man, i REALLY want a signed Heath poster or framed somethingorrather, but every single one out there is fake, no question at all. It's like, amazingly, every damn joker or dark knight thing out there has his autograph on it :rolleyes: And as said, before his death, there werent all these joker pics scrawled everywhere for people to see, it was very secretive. They DO do promo stuff etc, like you see those '30 limited' things etc all signed by an actor in the film etc, that they do, and then save for release to sell/auction/give them away, but no way have we got like 500 each, of every different design and all the crap thats floating about. Anothing interesting thing is that, Heath, i dont believe was ever much of a signer at all. He was filming something here, i believe in Qld i think, few years back, and a chick i know happened to be working on set one day, when Heath was shooting (she's a makeup artist) and anyhoo, she got a hug from him, a little chat, the usual 'i love your work etc' and a photo with him someone else with a camera snapped for her, and when she asked for his autograph, as she put it, 'he just kind of, plainly, bluntly, refused'. He wouldnt give her one. She didnt push the point or anything. I dont know if Heath assumed she wanted to sell it, or something, no idea she said, but he wouldnt give her one. Strange, back to the posters etc, i dont think i'll ever get one, out of 100, 99 wouldnt be legit, which is sad.

KingGrayskull
01-08-2009, 09:27 AM
I agree.
If you think about it.

He died on the 22nd of January 2008.
He had completed his parts on The Dark Knight in October 2007.
And then he must have gone straight on to The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
Heath was half way through working on The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus when he died.
The Dark Knight wasnt released until July 2008, six months after Ledger's death.
I've just done a small search and I think the first trailers for The Dark Knight were released around Feb/March 2008? Maybe even January after Heath's death.
So I think Knowledge is right in saying there were only one or maybe even two pictures released of the Joker when Heath died.
I think, if I were you KingGrayskull, I'd go ahead and give up.
I'm sure if there's anybody in the world who has a picture of Heath as the Joker, signed by Heath himself... It would most likely be Nolan or someone like that.
And I haven't checked, but I'm sure there's a few ''Original autographed by HEATH LEDGER..blah blah blah'' stuff out there on Ebay and such, But I wouldn't even think about going near any of that.
You're gonna have people popping up saying they have stuff signed by Heath, but if you go and work it all out (dates, filming, and his death), there's a very, very slim chance you're gonna find someone who actually found an early (very early) picture of Heath as the Joker and printed it off, found Heath, and got him to sign it... and if they did, would they really be willing to sell it for any price?
I certainly wouldn't!

...I hope I made sense there!? Haha I'm a tad tired.

You absolutly nailed the problem... I think I have to call Chris and ask him if he has maybe an extraautograph... :lol

Have there been ever any authorizised framed autographs in limited quantity? I always thought those were fake too... :dunno

*LOL* on ioffer.com is a guy who offers 2 authentic autographs which look completly different... :monkey1:monkey4

Cap'n Cook
01-08-2009, 10:13 AM
To be faire, personally, there is no way I would EVER be happy with a signed autograph unless I had it signed in person....which really is what it is all about, no? To have a memory of meeting someone famous by having them put their sign, (or message if lucky), on a pic just for you.

I see no point in shelling out mega bucks for pen on paper.

Know this does not help, but just my two cents.

scubasteve
01-08-2009, 10:21 AM
There was quite a bit of material out prior to his death in late January, including two or three official posters that I know of (the WSS poster with the Joker on it and the WSS brick wall poster with the bat symbol). The brick wall poster was the very first one released, officially. These were easy to get, and not "impossible."

And I do have one signed that I got late last year (2007), which is the one The Mike is referring to. :)

J-Wild
01-08-2009, 12:53 PM
17 or so promo pics from TDK leaked in the early fall of '07. I've seen pictures of individuals getting Heath to sign print outs of these at several events he went to. I know it's a possibility with any of the leaked Joker photos, along with the official "Knife" Pic, and Panda face one. Also, the couple of movie posters released by December.

Miss.Harley.Quinn
01-08-2009, 01:06 PM
But is any one of those people actually going to sell them?!
Haha unless they're desperate... Or stupid =/

Chapter 2099
01-08-2009, 02:37 PM
To be faire, personally, there is no way I would EVER be happy with a signed autograph unless I had it signed in person....which really is what it is all about, no? To have a memory of meeting someone famous by having them put their sign, (or message if lucky), on a pic just for you.

I agree 100%. It's nice to have a memory with the signing.

CelticPredator
01-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Indeed a 100%. But then again, I do love my signed 300 soundtrack. Zack's sig is smudged. Ha.

pamorn
01-12-2009, 07:31 AM
The Original Leak:

The above picture I saw one blustery evening whilst sitting at school browsing for Muhammad Ali auto's was found on ebay sellers AACS Autographs, (A Universal Autograph Collectors Club Registered Dealer)
It was signed a messy scribble H E A T H in blue marker pen (10X8 i think) It must have been End of December, early January...

I didn't think much of it as it was Heath in a new role that no one had really heard about. A joker that looked nothing like the joker we all use to know(nicholson)
and with the auction at $29.99US i figured nah ill come back to get it at a later date, wont be going anywhere fast... Keep my money in my pocket...

And so I kept on going, didnt even know the release date or if the movie ever was even going to be a hit. I went home and told my mum how our local boy was going to play such an iconic character, she just said 'yeah, great'.

It stayed in my mind for a while coming back every now and again, although with the lack of info on such a new movie made me not want to rush into getting it.

Come January 22, I was working on a tree farm with my sis nearby when i heard the news all over the radio and television that Heath had just passed under mysterious circumstances. I could not believe it. Not at all. I had just been smacked in the face through hesitation and doubt.

That day I rushed home to the net to go back to the store in hope of no one finding it, but it had been removed by the sellers. A few days later reappearing for $999.00US starting bid.

You can imagine how I felt, don't need to say anymore.

It sucked, an absolute legend of mine had passed away and the auto I was to buy jumped from 30 bucks to 1000...

Frankthetank
03-11-2009, 05:33 PM
is this a fake then?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280318072145&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

I know someone who bought a similar item from this seller & it said is was got during filming of Dr Parnassus...

certificate says from 'Collect-a-mania' & is signed, but that dooesn;t mean anything obviously...

thoughts? doesnt even look like his autograph?

lforigno
03-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Yes it is a fake. The image above was not released until after his death.

Frankthetank
03-11-2009, 05:36 PM
is this a fake then?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280318072145&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

I know someone who bought a similar item from this seller & it said is was got during filming of Dr Parnassus...

certificate says from 'Collect-a-mania' & is signed, but that dooesn;t mean anything obviously...

thoughts? doesnt even look like his autograph?

Also, not the photo they had was off him just before he says' Cmon...hit me...' standing in road, on the right in the link below - same sutograph style:

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/miss_whisky/?action=view&current=HeathLedgerJackNicholsonJoker.jpg

anyone help be appreicated as I think they should get their money back, if no real proof!

DinoLast
03-11-2009, 05:53 PM

I agree with you 100 percent.
If any of you really want an autograph of Heath, maybe just try and get one that's not a Joker picture.

Darth Madden
03-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Just because a photo wasn't released doesn't mean it wasn't made and signed. I am sure there are a lot of signed Joker photos (I'm sure he signed a lot of things for the studio after he was done filming) but the hard part is going to be fininding someone willing to sell one.

JosephCPR
03-12-2009, 05:15 PM
I really can't see the appeal in buying autographs...what for??? If you haven't been there, sharing that exciting moment with the person you admire, then it's just a signature with no meaning...Just my opinion

Darth Madden
03-12-2009, 05:16 PM
I really can't see the appeal in buying autographs...what for??? If you haven't been there, sharing that exciting moment with the person you admire, then it's just a signature with no meaning...Just my opinion

Well, in most cases I would agree with you but since there is no chance of doing that with Heath now if you want one you have to do it this way.

Chapter 2099
03-12-2009, 05:21 PM

I agree with you about autographs having more meaning when received in person. I can't even begin to describe the feeling when you meet and greet a favorite celebrity who you've watched time and time again, on the small or big "screen."

I've met quite a few celebrities and looking back, every time I look at their autographed photo, all of those memories come rushing back. It's an awesome feeling.

Starkiller
03-14-2009, 03:27 PM
My friend just bought one, let's just say it I was bidding on the same one of autograph world and stopped at about $500. Be willing to shell about at least $1500-$3000 for one on a photo. I have one it cost me almost $500 and it's on an index card.

Basically you need to have connections and good contacts in the field and hobby to ensure a autograph you get or buy is legit. eBay is mostly fakes, there are a few legit sellers who I buy from, and only from them.

Of course writing styles change throughout the years for celebrities just like us. When younger and first starting their career they usually have a cleaner more full signature. But as time goes by and they become more popular and more in demand, there signature evolves. His went through many phases, to the final sort of "sloppy" simple Heath written across the Jokers face.

Most with COAs or worthless as are COAs themselves, anyone and their mom can print up a COA and they mean nothing. I advise to stay away from anything with a COA. I'll post my Ledger later one when I get time to photograph it.

D. Martin
03-14-2009, 06:15 PM
While that was the only picture released at the time, the studio and the production had access to many more images. During production and post, the production office will send autographed pictures to suppliers and people who helped during the filming. I recommend you contact the film related businesses in Chicago and offer a large sum of money. Prop houses, lighting and grip suppliers, wardrobe and set dec houses... Not to mention, some people on the crew might also have autographed images --though admittedly, most people in the business become friends with the actors and would rather have a beer or a laugh with them than their autograph...

Starkiller
03-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Here's my Batman autograph collection thus far, hopefully it will help aid you in finding legit autographs...

Heath index card:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4864/heathledgertdk.jpg
My display:
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4162/heathtdkdisplay.jpg

Oldman as Gordon:
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4720/garyoldmantdk.jpg

Bale:
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3227/christianbalebb.jpg

Batman Forever:

Kilmer:
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9203/valkilmerbf.jpg

Jones:
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6650/tommyleejonesbf.jpg

Carrey:
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1245/jimcarreybf.jpg

O'donnell:
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/6452/chrisodonnellbf.jpg

Kidman (sorry for the glare):
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8624/nicolekidmanbf.jpg

And of course I still need to add Eckhart as Dent, Keaton, Nicholson, Pfieffer, Devito, and Basinger. :)

Buttmunch
03-15-2009, 03:17 PM
I can't read a single one of those. Let alone identify the first letter of their name. Heath's looks like "A W" If I were ever a celebrity I would make my autograph readable. Who cares if it takes 10x as long. People would appreciate an autograph much more if they could read it. Nobody would have guessed that white card was Heath's just by trying to read it.

Chapter 2099
03-15-2009, 03:19 PM
I can't read a single one of those. Let alone identify the first letter of their name. Heath's looks like "A W" If I were ever a celebrity I would make my autograph readable. Who cares if it takes 10x as long. People would appreciate an autograph much more if they could read it. Nobody would have guessed that white card was Heath's just by trying to read it.

I was thinking the same thing. :lol

Darth Madden
03-15-2009, 03:23 PM

Thats easy to say now but lets see what you say after your 500,000th autograph and 4 millionth person asking for one.

Starkiller
03-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Thats easy to say now but lets see what you say after your 500,000th autograph and 4 millionth person asking for one.

Exactly, it's not the fact you can't read them. It's the fact thy actually took the time to sign it for you. Regardless if you can read them or not, they are all awesome. If your into autograph collecting you would know it was a Heath tho. It's the uniformed that drop loads of money on bogus graphs.

That right there is most likely about $2,000 worth the graphs.

Deckard
03-15-2009, 03:41 PM
LoL, great collection but I gota agree about Heath's sig, its insane.

I've only got 3 autos, all in person, Jennifer Connelly, Karen Allen, and Megan Fox, and luckily the sigs are all very ledgiable.

Still tho, as pointed out, buying one is the only way to get Heath's sig now, so congrats to anyone who actually got to meet him.

Buttmunch
03-15-2009, 03:42 PM

If that many people want my autograph then I would be thrilled and would certainly take the time to make it readable. Anyone can scribble.

Anyone know why John Hancock's signature is so famous? Because you can read it!

Starkiller
03-15-2009, 03:52 PM
I don't think your realizing how much these people sign and how often they are asked. You must also take into account many things...What time it was, where they were, how they were feeling, etc...

Obviously an actors graph isn't going to be perfect each time, they could not be feeling well, be having a bad day, be in a rush to get to the next gig, also you must take into where such as if they are in a large crowd and people are bumping into each other.

Obviously an actor would rather sign 5 quick graphs for fans that have been waiting for them for hours, than sign just one really nice one for one fan.

I think your being overly critical of these people and what they do. I'm sure anyones graph would get sloppy as well if they were signing all the time...I'm thankful just for the fact they sign at all, because some don't very often.

Buttmunch
03-15-2009, 03:56 PM
True, it really does depend on the circumstances. But in crowd conditions, those signed autographs are very unlikely to ever be sold. But if they are sitting at a booth and signing autographs at a convetion, they should be readable.

Stan Lee's autograph is readable and I'm sure he has signed thousands, if not millions of things in his life. And at his age too (he is 86)! If he can do it, nobody has an excuse not to make theirs readable. And for the record, one of the ones my Dad got 3 years ago at SDCC was under crowd conditions.

Not his or mine, but just to show his autograph off:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2284/2481043297_1f12ed170a.jpg?v=0

His looks just like that though.

Starkiller
03-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Very nice.

Yes, see most actors from Batman don't run the convention circuits or have sit down and signs. And some like Keaton and Liam hardly sign at all, once in a blue moon. So all of mine were caught on the fly, my source mostly runs the talk show circuit and would wait for the that said actor to swing by.

Deckard
03-15-2009, 04:10 PM
If that many people want my autograph then I would be thrilled and would certainly take the time to make it readable. Anyone can scribble.

Anyone know why John Handcock's signature is so famous? Because you can read it!

LoL. You called him Handcock...

kinqcuonq
03-15-2009, 04:13 PM
O'donnell:
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/6452/chrisodonnellbf.jpg

O'donnell's costume looks like a faux bronze figure :lol

Buttmunch
03-15-2009, 04:15 PM
You certainly have quite a collection though! I'm just saying I wish these actors would take an extra 2 seconds and make their signatures readable. I mean I can't even identify a letter in Tommy Lee Jones' autograph! It is signatures like that that only mean something if you were there in person getting it.

And a story to go along with the Stan Lee autograph. My Dad is kinda a celebrity stalker when it comes to conventions. He practically was Stan Lee, Forest Ackerman, and Gene Simmon's tail when they were around. Anyway, my dad had this big, oversized Spider-man comic from his childhood he wanted signed. So after one of the panels Stan was out ended, my Dad broke the rule, and went over and asked for his autograph. Stan was more than happy too and was actually genuinely interested in the comic. Apparently it wasn't one that he signed very much of, if any. I still honestly have no idea if the book has any more value than that my Dad has for it because it was a childhood treasure.

Later that con, we were in line for the "official" Stan Lee autographs and my brother had some of the Secret Origins of the Superheroes Stan wrote a while ago. Again, Stan was impressed over these and was even showing them off to the people next to him at the booth. Certainly not your average signing I'd say. 2 for 2 of getting his full attention! :lol And again, in his early 80's! He is absolutely an amazing man. So full of life and still sharp as a tack. I go to every panel of his I can because he is so amazing to listen to. And he'll make you laugh without a doubt!

Buttmunch
03-15-2009, 04:16 PM
LoL. You called him Handcock...

:lol stupid typo and Will Smith

Chapter 2099
03-15-2009, 04:17 PM
You certainly have quite a collection though! I'm just saying I wish these actors would take an extra 2 seconds and make their signatures readable. I mean I can't even identify a letter in Tommy Lee Jones' autograph! It is signatures like that that only mean something if you were there in person getting it.

And a story to go along with the Stan Lee autograph. My Dad is kinda a celebrity stalker when it comes to conventions. He practically was Stan Lee, Forest Ackerman, and Gene Simmon's tail when they were around. Anyway, my dad had this big, oversized Spider-man comic from his childhood he wanted signed. So after one of the panels Stan was out ended, my Dad broke the rule, and went over and asked for his autograph. Stan was more than happy too and was actually genuinely interested in the comic. Apparently it wasn't one that he signed very much of, if any. I still honestly have no idea if the book has any more value than that my Dad has for it because it was a childhood treasure.

Later that con, we were in line for the "official" Stan Lee autographs and my brother had some of the Secret Origins of the Superheroes Stan wrote a while ago. Again, Stan was impressed over these and was even showing them off to the people next to him at the booth. Certainly not your average signing I'd say. 2 for 2 of getting his full attention! :lol And again, in his early 80's! He is absolutely an amazing man. So full of life and still sharp as a tack. I go to every panel of his I can because he is so amazing to listen to. And he'll make you laugh without a doubt!

I'd really like to meet Stan and get his autograph. He seems like an awesome guy. :rock

Buttmunch
03-15-2009, 04:19 PM
I'd really like to meet Stan and get his autograph. He seems like an awesome guy. :rock

He is. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the man. Not only is his signature readable, but he takes the time and talks with each and every person getting his autograph. He is in no hurry despite his entourage trying to hurry him up :lol

But I really wish every celebrity was like Stan. I guess that is why they call him "The Man." :rock

Chapter 2099
03-15-2009, 04:24 PM
He is. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the man. Not only is his signature readable, but he takes the time and talks with each and every person getting his autograph. He is in no hurry despite his entourage trying to hurry him up :lol

But I really wish every celebrity was like Stan. I guess that is why they call him "The Man." :rock

I wish they were all that way.

I hope one day to make it out to the West Coast and get the opportunity to meet him. It's amazing when you think about all of the lives he's affected with his creations like Spider-Man and Hulk. His legacy is and will always be timeless. He certainly is "The Man." :rock

Buttmunch
03-15-2009, 04:36 PM
And I'd recomend doing it soon. I mean the guy is 86. He appears to be in great health, but still, 10 more years of this stuff would probably be pushing it. Every year could be his last comic-con. He is certainly someone you wouldn't want to miss if you could help it. His death will certainly be a huge loss for many, many people. He is really the last of the great comic guys from the begining still around. End of an era as it were. :(

And looking back at this thread now, the 2 Stan stories I shared are the real reason behind wanting an autograph. Its just proof that you met someone and maybe even have a story to go with them. Much like collectibles represent a certain character or movie we love. That is why we buy them - to remind us of the awesome things they represent.

Chapter 2099
03-15-2009, 04:45 PM
And I'd recomend doing it soon. I mean the guy is 86. He appears to be in great health, but still, 10 more years of this stuff would probably be pushing it. Every year could be his last comic-con. He is certainly someone you wouldn't want to miss if you could help it. His death will certainly be a huge loss for many, many people. He is really the last of the great comic guys from the begining still around. End of an era as it were. :(

And looking back at this thread now, the 2 Stan stories I shared are the real reason behind wanting an autograph. Its just proof that you met someone and maybe even have a story to go with them. Much like collectibles represent a certain character or movie we love. That is why we buy them - to remind us of the awesome things they represent.

I'm over in the Southeast, so it's not an easy haul for me, but one day soon, I hope to make that trip to see him.

Starkiller
03-15-2009, 07:08 PM
So I live nowhere near any big city such as L.A., Hollywood, Chicago, New York...

So I have to mostly rely on other people getting them for me.

Starkiller
03-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Anyway, I need to pick up a frame for it, and lighting is poor. Here's the actual thing so far until I get the frame this weekend:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/858/myheath.jpg

With the frame and all it'll be around $565 for everything, man I'm a dedicated fan, lol. :)

Salvation/Damnation
03-27-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm pretty sure there has got to be one real joker poster signed by Heath himself, even if no one will believe it to be possible, the owner of the poster will of course have no intention of selling it or putting it on auction.

Cap'n Cook
03-28-2009, 04:18 AM
I don't get it. Buying an auto instead of having it signed in person is beyond me. Don't see the attraction of pen and paper and there would always be this, justified, nagging voice in my head telling me it could be fake.

Congrats though.

Salvation/Damnation
03-28-2009, 11:10 AM
I don't get it. Buying an auto instead of having it signed in person is beyond me. Don't see the attraction of pen and paper and there would always be this, justified, nagging voice in my head telling me it could be fake.

Congrats though.

Yeah, that's what's people are commonly doing, but there is an actual signed poster or image of the dark knight by heath and not one of those slips of signed paper attached to a photo.

hydrobud
03-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Im sorry but with the exception of Stan Lee's Autograph the others are horrble . i think they are worthless if you can't make em out at all .these celebs are just lazy and full of themselves . is it so difficult to make your autograph ledgible . and what does CEO mean in the 1st post ?

Wookiee Breath
03-28-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm an autograph collector with a decent collection. I have Bale as Batman and my holy grail would be Ledger as Joker. I've researched it a bit and from what I've seen, most collectors estimate there's only between 10-20 legit Ledger Joker pieces in the world so I would be 100% skeptical of any one of them being sold on ebay. Ebay is BAD for autographs anyway unless you find the 1 or 2 honest dealers on there. It does seem true though from what I can find that the 1st teaser Joker image was the only thing available to sign before he died.

I'd expect your best bet would be to wait for a respectable organization to auction one but it will most likely be out of the range of most of us unless you pull 6 figures a year, I'd bet.
Keep and eye on the PSA/DSA site: http://www.psadna.com/authentication.chtml

Cap'n Cook
03-28-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm an autograph collector with a decent collection. I have Bale as Batman and my holy grail would be Ledger as Joker. I've researched it a bit and from what I've seen, most collectors estimate there's only between 10-20 legit Ledger Joker pieces in the world so I would be 100% skeptical of any one of them being sold on ebay. Ebay is BAD for autographs anyway unless you find the 1 or 2 honest dealers on there. It does seem true though from what I can find that the 1st teaser Joker image was the only thing available to sign before he died.

I'd expect your best bet would be to wait for a respectable organization to auction one but it will most likely be out of the range of most of us unless you pull 6 figures a year, I'd bet.
Keep and eye on the PSA/DSA site: http://www.psadna.com/authentication.chtml

Words to live by right there.

Starkiller
03-28-2009, 12:25 PM
It's much nearly impossible to come by them nowadays. One of my dealers has one he he paid a few grand for it. I had to settle for the index card, but like I said I' rather have his sig then no sig at all. Overall it makes a very nice center piece for my batman display. As very few people have a legit Ledger autograph...and since he's no longer with us, he won't be signing anymore. Add that to the fact that there are only a hand full of legit ones out there and your going to be paying a pretty penny.

This two would be a real one:

http://www.takealeaf.me.uk/images/st/st_HeathLedger.jpg

This one obviously fake:

http://auctions.overstock.com/aimages/d/0/4/61/40614795_1.jpg

Be careful of preprints as well.

SnakeDoctor
03-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Anyone know why John Hancock's signature is so famous? Because you can read it!

Actually -- it was because Hancock's signature was huge. His signature on the Declaration of Independence is about twice the size of everyone else's -- partially because the remaining 55 signers had to squeeze their names in after Hancock, the President of the Continental Congress, signed first. I suppose being able to read it helped -- but you could read most (if not all) of the signatures on the Declaration.

SnakeDoc

Darth Madden
03-28-2009, 05:12 PM
I was just goofing around on ebay... anyone think this is legit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Dark-Knight-Heath-Ledger-Hand-Signed-Movie-Poster_W0QQitemZ280325442979QQihZ018QQcategoryZ59Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Starkiller
03-28-2009, 07:40 PM
I was just goofing around on ebay... anyone think this is legit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Dark-Knight-Heath-Ledger-Hand-Signed-Movie-Poster_W0QQitemZ280325442979QQihZ018QQcategoryZ59Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Are you serious?

I wouldn't touch it with a 1,000,000 foot pole. Every signature on it is fake as hell...

Wookiee Breath
03-29-2009, 12:13 AM
Yeah, that's a really bad one. None of those people sign even remotely that legible. Plus the poster was not released until after his death.

Very few of those cast signed posters are ever real. Be pretty hard to meet all of those famous actors and the real ones that can be verified go for a lot.

Cap'n Cook
03-29-2009, 02:55 AM
That's terrible! Plus, even the poster looks to be the fake one.

Darth Madden
03-29-2009, 06:40 AM
Are you serious?

I wouldn't touch it with a 1,000,000 foot pole. Every signature on it is fake as hell...

No, I'm not serious. I thought it was an interesting picture and figured I would share. No need to be an ass about it.

Starkiller
03-29-2009, 10:41 AM
No, I'm not serious. I thought it was an interesting picture and figured I would share. No need to be an ass about it.

Somehow with the name calling and snippy comment, I have a feeling I'm not the donkey's behind here.

Plus you make no sense, you ask if its real, yet claim to not be serious and think it's interesting? I just don't get it man. First I thought you were really uninformed, and shocked about how uninformed you were...now I just think your a ^^^^.

Chill out and stop wasting are time with these interesting fake posters then.

Darth Madden
03-29-2009, 10:50 AM
That's terrible! Plus, even the poster looks to be the fake one.

I guess thats the icing on the cake. :D

kitfisto92
08-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Hello, I can help you here. I own an autograph of Heath Ledger as the Joker. It is GAI authenticated. And actually there were ONLY TWO pictures of Heath released before his untimely death.. the teaser and the one of him sitting in the jail cell featured as the Empire magazine cover. If you have seen ANY other photos that claim to be signed by him on eBay or anywhere else, I can guarantee they are FAKE. If you would like to see a pic of the autograph I own, I will post it. I hope I could help and wish I saw this board sooner!

viezure
08-18-2009, 05:35 AM
Well, of course we want a pic :monkey3

K07
08-18-2009, 06:07 AM
I know of at least one in existence that was auctioned off before his death for some charity thing and it had him in the jail cell outfit. Was the other one released before or after that one? Had anyone known he'd die, they would been all over that autograph. I'm usually not one for that kinda collectible, but being one of only two in existence is pretty nifty...

kitfisto92
08-18-2009, 06:39 AM
I believe the "leaked image" was released before the Empire magazine cover jail cell one. Here is the pic of mine (notice the GAI authentication sticker that I mentioned on the bottom right-hand corner) ...

Darth Madden
08-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Hello, I can help you here. I own an autograph of Heath Ledger as the Joker. It is GAI authenticated. And actually there were ONLY TWO pictures of Heath released before his untimely death.. the teaser and the one of him sitting in the jail cell featured as the Empire magazine cover. If you have seen ANY other photos that claim to be signed by him on eBay or anywhere else, I can guarantee they are FAKE. If you would like to see a pic of the autograph I own, I will post it. I hope I could help and wish I saw this board sooner!

Maybe I just don't understand how movie studios work but for a movie that big and that close to release I just find it hard to believe that there were only 2 pictures of him as joker. A studio can make a picture anytime the want so they could have made thousands of Joker pictures and had them signed all through filming. I'm sure you are right but it just seems weird to me if thats the case.

kitfisto92
08-18-2009, 07:27 AM
Hey Darth,

You make a good arguement. That's the thing with Ledger pics, or any pics from films for that matter, there is usually no exact release date, and in the case of the joker, there is no known exact date of any pics except the leaked teaser, so we will never know if the jail cell pic was even released before his death. Either way, as stated the leaked photo is the only concrete photo that was undoubtably released before he passed.

Cap'n Cook
08-18-2009, 09:47 AM
The EMPIRE cell pic was definitely revealed before Heath's death. I tend to agree with Darth on this, who knows how many pictures they had and were having signed during production. All we know is that their were only two official pictures published worldwide before Heath's untimely passing.

Basically, I would not trust any autograph unless I had had it signed in person, which is the whole point in my view anyhow.

haytil
08-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Maybe I just don't understand how movie studios work but for a movie that big and that close to release I just find it hard to believe that there were only 2 pictures of him as joker.

You have to take the timing into account - Ledger died about 7 months before the movie was released. And it was only about a month after the first full-length trailer came out in December.

There was a LOT of hype for that movie - lots of pics, promos, trailers, commercials, ads, etc. But they generally don't ramp that up until just a few months before the release - otherwise, you end up beating a dead horse (backlash to excessive hype has become a real concern nowadays - you want to hype something a lot to sell it, but if you overdo it, people will react negatively).

Additionally, there was a lot of secrecy - which is tradition for the Batman movies, as well as for Chris Nolan. So they didn't want to let anything out too soon, to satisfy both Warner Bros. as well as Nolan's personal style (he doesn't like revealing the magic behind the movie). Plus, the more you hide things, the more eager you make people to see them!

Had Ledger died just a few months later (but still well before the release), there likely would've been a lot more publicly available images for him to choose from when autographing. There were certainly lots of pictures ready for release - they just weren't authorized yet, as the time wasn't ready (according to the studio).

A studio can make a picture anytime the want so they could have made thousands of Joker pictures and had them signed all through filming.

Again, there were more pictures ready for release, just not officially approved yet.

Furthermore, a studio cannot make an actor sign autographs - unless it's part of a contract (which it rarely is, especially for big actors like Ledger!). That's just not part of standard publicity - it's up to an actor himself to choose whenever to sign autographs (either as personal favors, for individual transactions, or in a contract-setting, like for trading cards).

So the studio wouldn't have had him signing anything while he was filming. (Plus, no one knew he was going to pass away so soon! It just wasn't an issue!)

haytil
08-18-2009, 10:28 AM
And actually there were ONLY TWO pictures of Heath released before his untimely death.. the teaser and the one of him sitting in the jail cell featured as the Empire magazine cover. If you have seen ANY other photos that claim to be signed by him on eBay or anywhere else, I can guarantee they are FAKE.

That's actually completely false.

There were only two pictures "officially released" at the time of his death. But there were others out there.

Specifically, on August 16-17, 2007, a series of 19 production stills were leaked to the public. These weren't footage from dailies or grainy spy-shots - they were full-on publicity photos, touched up and ready to be let loose. However, someone leaked them early (so many of them were never "officially released," even later on).

Of these 19 photos, 5 featured the Joker. They included:

-A close-up of the Joker, smiling during the interrogation
-The Joker sitting during the interrogation, with Batman standing behind him
-The Joker kicking Batman with his knife-shoe in the Penthouse party scene, with a clown goon holding Batman from behind.
-The Joker with his mouth wide-open, holding a knife next to Rachel Dawes' face (during the Penthouse party scene)
-The Joker falling against the wall during the interrogation, with Batman standing over him.

Some of these would make for good autographs (especially the first), others not so much.

When they were leaked, there was a huge clamp-down. I posted them on my site, but I was a pretty small guy, so I never got any flack. But any links or postings to them on the big sites or forums (like Super Hero Hype) warranted bannings, as Warner Bros. was PISSED.

Anyway, my point is, an autograph hound could've used any of these for autographs (especially the first pic, I think it was the best pic available at the time, and perfect for an autograph). There may be other pics too, but these are the ones I can be sure of.

That doesn't mean that a Ledger autograph with one of these pics -IS- real, but it does mean you can't reject it out of hand. Any dedicated Joker, Batman, or Ledger fan could've gotten their hands on these pics easily (especially as they were leaked a good 5 months before Ledger died).

kitfisto92
08-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Never said I was an expert! And thanks, I never knew of the leak.

haytil
08-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Never said I was an expert! And thanks, I never knew of the leak.

Haha, no worries. Sorry if I came off harsh or mean - certainly didn't intend it that way!

kitfisto92
08-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Haha, no worries. Sorry if I came off harsh or mean - certainly didn't intend it that way! I understand, it's all good.

designingcoot
09-16-2009, 04:07 PM
My ledger auto....

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w107/welshgunna/P1110817.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w107/welshgunna/P1110819.jpg

Will post pics of my bale auto tomorrow.

dc

Hartmann
08-14-2014, 11:53 PM
My Heath Ledger Autograph authenticated by PSA/DNA

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7318/9100101960_00333e7168_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7441/9100102312_906ba7774d_b.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2876/9097865737_4b696f75cf_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7406/9097865365_bfebee411d_b.jpg

Rambler
08-15-2014, 07:12 AM
PSA is good. Nice add to your collection.

Hartmann
08-15-2014, 06:44 PM
PSA is good. Nice add to your collection.

Hydeous
08-15-2014, 08:12 PM
This thread reminds me of one of my trips to a local Toy Fair a few years back, there was this booth that sells autographed movie photo stills complete with a frame and maybe a certificate as well.

So I was enjoying and marveling at em when I saw a Ledger auto on a Ledger as Joker photo (same exact one as below) which turns out to be Bobby C's life size figure sculpt. :lol

Its this one btw in case you guys dont know:

http://armchairempire.com/images/feature-articles/bobby-c-interview/bobby-c-heath-ledger-the-joker.jpg

KingGrayskull
08-16-2014, 06:04 AM
Its an open secret that Ledger signed alot of pics of the BobbyC sculpture back in 2009. Must have been legit I think. :lol

Alpha Scale
09-11-2014, 03:04 AM
Hello fellow collectors I've finally finished my review for this beast of a fig right here. Enjoy and please remember to subscribe to my channel and leave a like if ya like ;).. #TheJokerBankRobber2
http://youtu.be/3XsbdyiSChU

RIDDICK
09-11-2014, 04:35 AM
Action figures section...