Any chance of Hot Toys doing figures for Watchmen?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DC let them do Dark Knight figures, so I'd be surprised if they didn't let them do Watchmen figures.

They are coming.

Yes she is...

silkspectrenk6.jpg

Inside information IJ or just really blind faith? If so any clue on to when we'd see a solicit? Before the Ides of March one would assume...

Call it "informed speculation"... and my guess is they will announce something within the next month.

As the DC mod, you really should inform me with what you know :D

Maybe I should be the DC mod, then. :lol

J/K!!! I wouldn't last a day, because I would be merging and closing tons of TDK threads. :monkey1:monkey3

Besides, you do a great job as the DC mod. :duff

If they are happening, I wouldn't expect any hint until March.

Possible. It might have as much to do with DC Direct's timetable as they'll be the North American distributor. And they have WATCHMEN products of their own coming out in January, February and March so it might be in their best interest to hold off on any Hot Toys announcement. Then again, as the main license-holder it would also behoove them to strike while the iron is hot. In other words, make the announcements more timely (like TDK) instead of something like Hellboy II.

Not sure how DC Direct's releases would influence the HT Watchmen stuff since even it was solicited this month it wouldn't ship for six months minimum

Well, DC Direct solicits in Diamond Previews, which are 3 months Advance Solicitations and whenever anything falls outside of that Diamond's policy is to have all previous orders canceled and the item(s) re-solicited in another issue of Previews. In fact, that already happened with one of their WATCHMEN items. The Owl Ship Replica was originally supposed to ship in February and was pushed to July. As a result, the initial orders were canceled and it was re-solicited with the July date with orders due by end of March.

So, if the 1:6 HT figures were to not come until, say, August or September it would likely be a while still before the NA distribution is initially solicited in Previews. That doesn't mean there won't be some leaks or announcements before then, however.

Man, I wish hot toys would have figures out around the time of the movies. They would make SOOOOOO much more money..and we could all be happy people.

FOX might not allow it.

:lol

They wish. Even if they are successful in swindling money out of the movie (or even get their logo attached to the prints along with WB and Paramount) that have absolutely no rights whatsoever to the licensing and merchandise. That's all DC Comics (and, thus, Warner).

are there any plans for a sally jupiter 12" figure or statue,she's top of my want list:monkey5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back