Who do you consider to be the "core" GI Joe/Cobra team members?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Who do you consider to be the core members of each team's roster? What makes them "core"?

Usually the debut figures are considered the core line but only a few members from the original 1982 line-up are icons. Destro, Zartan, Storm Shadow, Firefly, Flint, Lady Jaye all came several years into the line. Who's your core line-up?

For me it'd probably be:

Snake Eyes
Duke
Hawk
Scarlett
Flint

Cobra Commander
Destro
Baroness
Storm Shadow
Zartan

Favorite "non-core" members: Beach Head and Firefly.

Last edited:
G I Joe: Snake Eyes, Duke,Flint, Hawk, Scarlet, Roadblock, Lady Jaye

Corba: Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, Firefly, Destro, Zartan, Baroness

Thats about it for me.

Last edited:
I'd agree with King's list except I'd probably add Flint to Joes and Major Bludd to Cobra. What makes them core IMHO is simply that is who I think of when I think of GI JOE and nothing more.

gi joe: snake eyes, duke, flint, scarlett, lady jaye, roadblock, gung ho, stalker

cobra: cc, destro, baroness, storm shadow, major bludd, zartan w/ torch, ripper, buzzsaw (based mainly on all their cartoon appearances)

Last edited:
General Hawk, Duke, Flint, Snake Eyes, Rock n Roll, Stalker

Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Firefly, Stormshadow, Zartan

G.I. Joe:
Hawk
Duke
Snake Eyes
Flint
Stalker
Road Block
Scarlett
Gung Ho
Rock & Roll

Cobra:
Cobra Commander
Storm Shadow
Destro
Firefly
Baroness
Cobra Trooper
Viper
Crimson Guard
Zartan

I've always liked the look of the character with the beard and bullet belts on the chest. Plus he is a music fan haha.

Joes: Flint, Scarlett, Lady Jaye, Snake Eyes, and Hawk/Duke
Cobra: Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Storm Shadow, Major Bludd, Firefly, and Zartan

But highest on my priorities would be Flint, Lady Jaye, and Storm Shadow.

To be completely honest, I'd be more than satisfied with 1:6 Sideshow versions of Hasbro's first G.I. Joe & Cobra 25th Anniversary 5-Packs.

But if I got to choose...

G.I. Joe: Snake Eyes, Duke, Scarlett, Stalker & Rock 'n' Roll

Cobra: Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Storm Shadow & Cobra Trooper

Four I'd love to see but we probably never will would be Zartan (I don't see his blue sun reaction nor masks being practical), Major Bludd, Sgt. Slaughter (pure nostalgia's sake) and Falcon. I always was partial to the Green Beret brother of Duke who was only made cooler after Don Johnson did the voice for the movie.

Joes: Duke, Hawk, Snake Eyes, Flint, Scarlett, Shipwreck, Gung Ho, Roadblock, maybe Lady Jaye.

Cobra (kind of divided into three tiers): CC, Destro, Baroness, Storm Shadow, Zartan, followed by Serpentor, Dr. Mindbender, the Crimson Twins, Major Bludd, and then all the Dreadnoks, Firefly, Scrap-Iron, Wild Weasel, and Copperhead.

Joes: Duke, Flint, Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Lady Jaye, Shipwreck, Roadblock, Gung-Ho

Cobra: Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Zartan, Major Bludd, Crimson Twins, Firefly, Storm Shadow

My interest in Joes stems mostly from the cartoon (pre-1986), and excluding Firefly and Storm Shadow (who were criminally underused in the cartoon, IMO), those above are the ones that most immediately come to mind when I think of the "core" teams as they existed in the 'toon.

Last edited:
core joes
Duke
Scarlet
Flint
Snake Eyes
Gung-ho

core cobra's
Cobra Commander
Destro
Storm Shadow
Baroness