Favorite Superman Movie? (out of these)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman fave movie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
# 2 is the one linked the most to my childhood memories so I went with this one.

1.Superman
2.Superman 3
3.Superman Returns
4.Superman 2
5.Superman 4

I'd say the 2nd movie, the richard donner cut. It's kinda dark and really shows the human side of Superman. The 1st movie was good, but the pace was just too slow. And Superman only shows up on the last one third part of the movie.

Superman the movie is the best comic book film ever made.

2 had the cooler villains, but unfortunately Richard Lester thought he was making a slapstick comedy. Plus there's all of that silliness at the end with tossing big cellophane S symbols, shooting lasers from their fingers and teleporting. The Donner cut is far superior to Lester's version, but it's too incomplete to be considered a proper film.

Superman The Movie is one of the best superhero films ever! I have the greatest memories of that film, me and all my cousins watching it together! Christopher Reeve rocked! Back then there was no Batman, Spiderman, just awesome Superman movies!

It wasn't until 1989 that I shifted to one of my other favorite superheros ...............Batman.

I just saw Superman 2 (original theatrical cut) again for the first time in probably 10 or 15 years and couldn't believe how monumentally bad it was. Clunky editing, some pretty bad performances from usually superb actors (Terence Stamp had some good scenes and others that were so bad it actually hurt to watch) and just some terrible directorial choices. I understand the whole Donner/Lester issue, and the Donner version might be better - it certainly could not be any worse than what I saw - and that includes the Batman Forever and Batman and Robin.

Back