One of my best bargain...high elven warrior helm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GondorGirl

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well I think I picked up one of the best bargain I will ever get as a collector. I was out shopping today with my dad (he's a bit of a LOTR fanatic but also loves toy trains) and we went into a fairly small local model shop so he could have a look around...well this is when I spotted, in the darkest corner of the shop, a UC High Elven Warrior Helm, I asked the shopkeep how much and he said that he had been trying to clear it for AGES (I suppose as he focuses almost exclusively on Train models his normal clientele would not help!) and he said I could take it for £65!!!!!!! I am just so dam happy!!!!

Heres a few pics, as you can see the packaging is in poor condition and there is a slight scratch on the front of the base but who cares?!

NewImage2.jpg

NewImage.jpg

NewImage3.jpg

100_2703.jpg

Congrats! The high elven warrior helmet is one of my favorite designs from all of the LotR helmets Weta did. I have them all (sans WiKi crown) in 1/4 scale, and I love them!
I can see why you are happy with your purchase. Since you have those two, I guess you're planning on getting the 1/1 Gimli and Sauron also? I guess that's all there is in life size, right?

good score. congrats buddy :banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Thanks pal :rock

Congrats! The high elven warrior helmet is one of my favorite designs from all of the LotR helmets Weta did. I have them all (sans WiKi crown) in 1/4 scale, and I love them!
I can see why you are happy with your purchase. Since you have those two, I guess you're planning on getting the 1/1 Gimli and Sauron also? I guess that's all there is in life size, right?

They also did the Morgul lord and the Gondorian soldier helmet, yeah I will have to, at some point, really go for all these, my dad has the Gimli helmet (signed by JRD) so that will be the lowest priority but the Sauron and Morgul Lord will deffo be bought at some point! I always think this when getting a new UC piece but the quality really is beutiful...now i've got to find a way to display the helmets with my UC sword collection! :confused::rock

Nice pick up.

It is excellent when you pick up great deals in the most unexpected places! Definitely extra special.

Nice hobby to share with your dad as well.

Congratz

Colin

Hey girl! Cool find!

Try using a black magic marker on those digs in the front. I've done that on bases before and it makes it less obvious.

They also made an Isildur. I would love to get a Gondor and then the Morgul Lord. I have Elendil, Elven, Isildur amd Sauron for now...

Last edited:
wow thats awsome. i once went to the renaissance fair in NY state, and believe it or not they had the UC elven warrior helmet AND shield for sale at the armory place. i actually put them on and this chinese couple took a picture and said they would send it to my email. but.....they never did! i never got the pic so i was upset, but let me tell you, it was awsome stuff. one say i hope to get it!

Nice collection, I like em all

Beautiful collection.

Nice setup and congrats GG on the terrific find.

Can't believe I never responded to these compliments! :horror :lol

Thanks guys! :rock

wow thats awsome. i once went to the renaissance fair in NY state, and believe it or not they had the UC elven warrior helmet AND shield for sale at the armory place. i actually put them on and this chinese couple took a picture and said they would send it to my email. but.....they never did! i never got the pic so i was upset, but let me tell you, it was awsome stuff. one say i hope to get it!

Yup, the UC LOTR pieces are some of the best out there...especially the Elven pieces :)

Great pickup, Gondor Girl!!! Congrats!

I also love this design and to have it in 1:1 is fantastic.

Nice pick up.

It is excellent when you pick up great deals in the most unexpected places! Definitely extra special.

Nice hobby to share with your dad as well.

Congratz

Colin

Hey girl! Cool find!

Try using a black magic marker on those digs in the front. I've done that on bases before and it makes it less obvious.

Awesome find my friend :rock

Congrats :rock :rock
x :peace

Fantastic score - I wish I could find theses around now esp the Elven or Saurons

And I didn't respond to these either :horror:horror

Thanks everyone! :lol:lol

Ween...a bit late but that is exactly what I did...using your advice! :lol

Back