Is the prometheus body crap???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teemu

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am bit concerned now about even collecting these (G.I.Joe) due to hearing the pro body has loose joints and is floppy. I cannot afford buying poorly made figures and if Snake Eyes comes with loose joints, I am done with the line!

Should we even have to take a chance? who has $120 to drop only to recieve a flimsy pinocio Figure?? I hope your listening Sideshow??
Sounds like you ruined the Indy Figure, so you better not ruin the new Joe line before it comes out

My opinion is that it is well designed but very poorly made: loose joints.

It has smaller shoulders which I like to give variety, but it doesn't suit the Indiana Jones figure well, because Harrison Ford is a broad shouldered man.

No. My Indy just had a loose neck, the rest of the joints were tight.

so you accept a loose neck, after paying 89.99 plus shipping?

These figures should be made Minty fresh, with tight joints all around...why make a body with flaws and then send them out that way?

so you accept a loose neck, after paying 89.99 plus shipping?

These figures should be made Minty fresh, with tight joints all around...why make a body with flaws and then send them out that way?

It's their first attempt on the new body. I wouldn't cut them to death over it and instead encourage them to fix it. Looseness aside, it's far superior to the Buck. As for dropping $90 on Indy, $15 more and you can pick up a TT. Put Indy on that and you'll have saved $60 on a HotToys quality Indy.

Don't ya hate it when that happens? :lol

My Indy is floppy, but nothing too bad. He holds a pose alright. The Pro has just as much articulation as the truetype too, except for the weird ankle design.

What alternative do you have really? The figures look awsome to me too, but im in the same position. Ive actually stopped buying SS figs because of the body, i have a floppy indy and pretty dissapointed.

Sorry i disagree the pro is not an acheive over the buck. I would say the SS needs to take a step back and re invent. It really doesnt matter how many points of articulation you have. It seems with the pro that was the big selling point. Instead they should look at a SOLID base. Then improve from there.

The pro body=Windows /microsoft product. ( Which microsft likes to see how much crap we can crammm into our products without thinking of the basics)

I wont use HOTTOYS as an example (would be unfair) but look at enterbay
Enterbay BL series BODY ONLY =Mac OS (it works its simple and its stable)

With all the armored figs for SW coming out im really worried because they look so good. but ill stay away probably if they havent fixed the problem by then.

I wont use HOTTOYS as an example

With all the armored figs for SW coming out im really worried because they look so good. but ill stay away probably if they havent fixed the problem by then.

:confused: The "loose" Hobbit bodies and the "loose" armored bodies were designed with HotToys (I'd even go so far as to say designed by them since they're quite similar to the TT).

I know the Pro is taking a lot of heat but I gotta say there are a lot of things I like about it. Is it floppy? A little. The head is a little lose when I handle it but it holds every pose I try. I find that he stands very easily without and stand and holds some very natural lifelike poses. I think it s a great alternative to the True Type.

Eager to see more Sideshow figures using this body and I'm eager to try the more customs with it.

I was concerned about this body and all the new ones, but I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

From the latest Q&A

With each release on the Clone body and Prometheus body, you should see improvement.

So far, we've only had one production run with each new body, and the've had issues, but overall, the experience has gotten better and better for me. The Hobbits had some bothersome looseness issues for me, armor body was better but still kinda weak, Pro has a few issues but less than the previous two had. If they can nail down the strength of the bodies in the production process, they should work out really nicely.

Wasnt the the pro body used on Obi wan also?. I think indy was the second.?
I think with indys it was a crap shoot some got posible ones and some got floppy ones. The one i received was rag doll floppy. Where the fig even couldn't stand or the arms couldn't even hold the Wip up..

Lets all hope SS improves the body im really hoping.

With each release on the Clone body and Prometheus body, you should see improvement.

The downside of that quote is that it implies the Pro for Snake Eyes won't have all the bugs (ie looseness) worked out if they expect CC and the Trooper to have further "improvements".

It's a very nice body aside from the horrible ankle joint design. Floppy joints can simply be corrected with tighter quality control but the ankles need to be changed to the True Type double ball joint design desperately.

The downside of that quote is that it implies the Pro for Snake Eyes won't have all the bugs (ie looseness) worked out if they expect CC and the Trooper to have further "improvements".

and that is why I am tempted to pass altogether...I will be mad paying $120 for Snake Eyes, only to get some floppy body...maybe Sideshow thinks most of us wont open our figures and dont care if they can hold poses or not

and that is why I am tempted to pass altogether...I will be mad paying $120 for Snake Eyes, only to get some floppy body...maybe Sideshow thinks most of us wont open our figures and dont care if they can hold poses or not

Snake Eyes is a big enough deal for me that I'll swap out his Pro with a TT if I have to. But I agree it would be pretty annoying. We'll see.

The Pro is far from perfect, but even with the floppy body, I'll take it over the Buck. Snake Eyes on a Buck would look absolutely horrible due to the tight clothing over the ganglyness and weird tubular arms.

If Sideshow addresses the concerns... which I'm sure they will the Joe line should be okay. But if they choose to ignore it I can't say if I'll buy the figures.

If Sideshow addresses the concerns... which I'm sure they will the Joe line should be okay. But if they choose to ignore it I can't say if I'll buy the figures.

EXACTLY. Just don't let this ^^^^ fly guys. ^^^^^ and complain! (not that we should have to) SS should have this already corrected, and not be "improving" upon every release. I'm really getting tired of SS doing things half ass and then putting out vague statements to keep their sheep at bay. You went through the trouble of making new bodies SS FIX THEM!

Some Hobbit bodies were loose, some were not. Seems like it's the same with INDY. Although it seems most clonobis were loose. Still too many loose and too many complaints it should be fixed ASAP.

I will stop buying from SS and stick with HT exclusively if Vader is loose i promise you SS.... SW license or not.

EXACTLY. Just don't let this ^^^^ fly guys. ^^^^^ and complain! (not that we should have to) SS should have this already corrected, and not be "improving" upon every release. I'm really getting tired of SS doing things half ass and then putting out vague statements to keep their sheep at bay. You went through the trouble of making new bodies SS FIX THEM!

Some Hobbit bodies were loose, some were not. Seems like it's the same with INDY. Although it seems most clonobis were loose. Still too many loose and too many complaints it should be fixed ASAP.

I will stop buying from SS and stick with HT exclusively if Vader is loose i promise you SS.... SW license or not.

lol....I am thinking of not collecting 1/6 scale altogether as the prices are not really justified anymore....I'd love to collect those new predator figures, at least I know Hot Toys are not gonna send out floppy bodies.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back