Request: Photos of your helm collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrodoEyes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi peeps, I'm starting to get into the helms now.
It started with the Gondorian collection which, I'll admit, I intended to sell on in order to fund my quest for the complete statue collection. But then they arrived and I was totally blown away....that's how good the helms are, that they can turn someone who only intended to make a profit out of them into a helm collector! Plus I thought putting Faramirs helm next to Boromir would be cool...
After the Gondorian lot came the free Elessars crown, which I dislike and made me start to think that maybe helms aren't that great after all. But THEN Sideshow offered a FREE Sauron helm with an order of the troll maquettes, which I had wanted but wanted for a good price....so when they had all 4 at a discount PLUS a free Sauron helm, I succumbed. I had just got the Sauron statue so knew how good the helm would be. I ordered the Mouth of Sauron helm as soon as it became available because, well, I'd order any Mouth of Sauron SSW merchandise. And then last week Eomers helm became available to the EU only so I ordered, knowing how good the Rohan helms are, plus to display next to the Eomer bust.
So there we have it, I will have 5 helms (well, 8 if you dont count the Gondor collection as a set) and am bidding on a Theoden helm and a royal guard helm on ebay. God can only help me now.

Could you all post photos of how you have yours displayed? Moe, Mr.Fell Beast, I remember you have a FANTASTIC display, I would love to see that again...

Thanks!

This is how I display my helms.

Overview:

Allready have the space ready for Sauron.

Close-up of helm display:

Still waiting on a lot of pieces so I don't know if this is my final set-up. Put up these shelves a couple of days ago. And the wood the helms are on still need a bit of work, but I'm happy at the overall look.

Hope this helps.

Turgon said:
Close-up of helm display:

Still waiting on a lot of pieces so I don't know if this is my final set-up. Put up these shelves a couple of days ago. And the wood the helms are on still need a bit of work, but I'm happy at the overall look.
thats a great looking setup you got there Turgon, very neat :cool:

I've got a few helms on order, first one has just shipped and I need some ideas on how to display them when they get here. Frodoeyes, did you receive your Gondorian helms recently? I'm still waiting for my set to ship from the EU warehouse, i'm starting to think they've forgotten about me :google

Here you go. I haven't updated it yet with the latest pics. Also, plan on getting some sort of blocks so some helms are eleveated at different levels. Also considering getting the back glass replaced by a custom cut mirror.

helms4rr.jpg

Great displays all, those look great! I have about 6 or so helms I think ( :confused:), and they are easy to collect being that most are relatively inexpensive. Good luck FE! :joy

Thanks everyone! Great displays.
Turgon, I love the steps! Great idea and they look very professional.
Link, I've had my Gondorian helms for a while, I'd check up with SS if I were you just to make sure they havent forgotton you!

Wow..... Witchking crown....trade this crown for at least 15 others...Nice collection..

Hello everyone, I start on this forum with my collection of helmets :

pizzahelmsp9zr.jpg

1525243pizza2xq.jpg

Great collections everyone.

Hey Fritz, how come you have Gimli with the bad guys? It looks like at the time you took the pick, you had room at the bottom. Just interested in te way some set up their pieces.

Mithrandier said:
...Hey Fritz, how come you have Gimli with the bad guys? It looks like at the time you took the pick, you had room at the bottom. Just interested in te way some set up their pieces.

No reason really. The display will most likely be re-organized once the final two helms arrive this month and the collection is complete. It actually looks quite different now all jam packed with helms. :joy

FrodoEyes said:
Pizza, I love you and want to have your babies. And by that I mean your helms! Way to go to convert me into a helm collector!
LOL, I love you too, but I do not give you my babies!!! :D

I'm getting into them too! I REALLY want the 1/4 scale Sauron helm. :D

what others do you guys recommend that could still be purchased?

I LOVE YOUR DISPLAYS!

WOW.

BDboystoys said:
I'm getting into them too! I REALLY want the 1/4 scale Sauron helm. :D

what others do you guys recommend that could still be purchased?

I LOVE YOUR DISPLAYS!

WOW.

Get eveything.... though the Wiki crown may set you back at little...if need be, purchase the wiki BUST, break it and get the crown... its cheaper still than getting the crown itself..

Sorry if I sound daft but it the Wiki crown the Witch King crown?
Im definately getting the 1/4 scale Sauron helm first and then...lets say you could only get 5 helms more, which would they be?

I was thinking Witch Kings crown
an orc helm or two (which ones are the nicest in your opinion?)
Mouth of Sauron helm
then Eomer or Eowyn? (which is nicer?)
King of Dead?

Let me know what you guys like the most. You all seem to have alot and would know the coolest pieces.

BDboystoys said:
Sorry if I sound daft but it the Wiki crown the Witch King crown?
Im definately getting the 1/4 scale Sauron helm first and then...lets say you could only get 5 helms more, which would they be?

I was thinking Witch Kings crown
an orc helm or two (which ones are the nicest in your opinion?)
Mouth of Sauron helm
then Eomer or Eowyn? (which is nicer?)
King of Dead?

Let me know what you guys like the most. You all seem to have alot and would know the coolest pieces.

I would definitely cut the WiKi helm, not the nicest of the bunch and if you are not a completist not worth the money.

If you only want 5 more helms (good luck no one else ever was able to just keep it at 5 helms, the fever will get you), I would definetly get the following:

Orc Legion
Moria Orc
Wow.. this is difficult, only five you say?
Rohan Royal Guard
Theoden's helm
Gondorian helm set (I know these are 4 but I count them as one since they come in one box :naughty ).

And after that, the last alliance set, the hobbit helms, the rest of the orc helms and then all the rest.

Good luck keeping it at just 5 pieces :joy

You couldhave more I was just trying to keep it low coz I'm not gonna be able to afford that many. If you show me too many I'll want them al!! Its like a disease

...........the helms are addictive....................Just start off slowly..........and get one at the time............no need to rush things.
Happy hunting. :google

Back